4780 16 2015-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tylerj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, I am sure if I read the instructions I could answer this question....

I have a client that woudl like me to take a photo from the same spot over a period of several months. What is the best way to record that spot? I've messed with the waypoints a little, is there a way to record the flight and then save it as "client-A-flight-01"?

Thanks for any advice!
Tyler

2015-11-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

You can save your waypoint missions but you can not name them. You just need to write down the name and associate it with that client.
2015-11-12
Use props
dave.encoremult
lvl.1

United States

TylerJ, I'm glad you asked this question.  I have been wondering just how accurate Waypoints are.  I've experimented with it several times.  Those of you who have used it a bunch, what is your experiences?  If you fly and set Waypoints and save it, can you leave, return to that place hours or days later, call up the saved Waypoint, flight and watch the I1 fly exactly as before?  I know it's GPS based and I assume compass based too but I still wonder how accurate it is.  Thoughts from you more experience Waypoint flyers?!
2015-11-13
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

dave.encoremult Posted at 2015-11-13 17:11
TylerJ, I'm glad you asked this question.  I have been wondering just how accurate Waypoints are.  I ...

Yes you can.
Also you can fly the route virtually using the PC simulator and record the waypoints and then fly it for real later.
Paul
2015-11-14
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I learned something new again today., thanks Paul.
2015-11-16
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Paul, that is really useful to know. It wouldn't be as easy as positioning in the real world but does mean you can create a rough route before flight.

I really wish we had the ability to at least adjust an existing route, even if it were just to set the height of the points. There's another company out there whose waypoint mode is pretty powerful; you can set the position, height, speed between points, direction to face and also slowly pan as you move, start and stop video, take photos, all totally autonomously and before you even take off. I know the Inspire is quite a different beast but it is meant as a more professional tool and being able to choreograph it to match up with something going on on the ground would be fantastic.

Having to rerecord the whole route just to adjust the height of one waypoint seems a waste...

Oh, is there a way to have it fly a recorded route then use the controller as a second controller? I mean, could you have full camera control while it is flying the route?  
2015-11-16
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hterag Posted at 2015-11-16 16:41
Paul, that is really useful to know. It wouldn't be as easy as positioning in the real world but doe ...

I don't think, even if it were possible, it would be wise to try and use your main controller as a second controller. However you can have the Inspire fly the waypoints allowing you to have more focus on the camera using the gimbal pinwheel and the C1 button to toggle between tilt and pan. Not of course being very aware of what the Inspire is actually doing and being ready to take control.

Paul
2015-11-16
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
United Kingdom

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-11-16 09:36
I learned something new again today., thanks Paul.

You're welcome. I only tested the theory a couple of weeks ago and it worked great.

Paul
2015-11-16
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Paul@shelleymai Posted at 2015-11-17 01:52
I don't think, even if it were possible, it would be wise to try and use your main controller as a  ...

I always fly with my friend, we take turns flying or spotting so at least one of us has eyes on the drones at all times. I just wanted to avoid buying a second controller for the camera... I suppose the other way to control the camera would be the touch screen.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

if you take photo, I suggest you to use the last way point as photo shooting  point, cause it will just stop and hover there
2015-11-16
Use props
joseyapo
lvl.1

United States

I have a question that is related to the waypoints... This seems like a good place to ask.  So, it looks like only 3 missions get autosaved... then it starts to override the previous missions?  Do you all know anything about this.  I am in the same boat as @tylerj where I need to run the same route multiple times during probably a year period.  I have since lost that original mission as I have recorded others since... and now that original most important mission is not on the list anymore.  Does anyone know how to get that back?
2015-11-17
Use props
Paul
lvl.3
United Kingdom

joseyapo Posted at 2015-11-17 19:44
I have a question that is related to the waypoints... This seems like a good place to ask.  So, it l ...

I don't know how you could get it back, but you can save important missions as a favourite and they won't get overwritten.

Paul
2015-11-18
Use props
joseyapo
lvl.1

United States

Paul@shelleymai Posted at 2015-11-19 03:07
I don't know how you could get it back, but you can save important missions as a favourite and the ...

I must not be saving these right... It looks like I can only have 3 saved... then it overwrites them.  They show up in my favorites missions, but once I have more then 3, the latest mission disappears, to only have 3...
2015-11-20
Use props
TyJo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595030 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great conversation, next week ill start a year long project with some land developers, ill keep this thread updated.
2015-11-25
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Mission Planner (FPV Camera iOS app) allows you to program and save autonomous waypoints flight for shooting multiple targets in a single flight. Check this out http://fpvbooster.com/index.php? ... id=3&Itemid=136
2015-12-10
Use props
iksoviet
New

Argentina

Is there a way to record a movement with the osmo mobile and repeat it? Like when you select the points when you are doing a M-Timelapse
2017-1-10
Use props
djiuser_dhcVWaBhPyoX
New
Flight distance : 1647080 ft
Bangladesh

Can I use the flight record to make  same waypoints?
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules