Just received new v2.0 with very wobbly arms, and fcc ID no. 1014
4238 37 2015-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I received my new v2 yesterday just opened it and compared to my d version which has very precisely fit arm bushings, hardly any wiggle. This one is as bad or worse than my first A model. and to boot it has the old fcc ID code 1014 in the battery tray. Right on fcc website, inspire 1 v2.0 has 1015 fcc ID has more output power. It certainly seems to me they pulled recent d models had technicians dissemble the arms at the t attachment joint re route wiring switch esc's, etc. this was not done on the production line. I need an rma please.
2015-11-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,rmr3131
Sorry for that ! When and where did you buy that Inspire ?  
2015-11-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

A little wobble in the arm is very usual. Could you provide us your aircraft's serial number{:3_52:}
2015-11-20
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I've noticed today that i have the same issue.

From the time that i receive it i noticed that the motors are the same like my old inspire, the only difference was the quick release system.

I've opened a ticket on the DJI Support  and i'm waiting an reply (if they will reply me... because when i open a ticket about my inspire pro Inner Container Plastic Suitcase that came damaged when i received the inspire pro, no one answer me until now at that complain)...

I hope that they will not let me without the Inspire weeks/months with a RMA because i don't have any fault about this! And i didn't paid 5k euro's for it to have it gone months...

2015-11-20
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please keep us updated on this, I am on the verge of getting a Inspire 1 V2 within the next few days and I will punch a cat in the face if I get screwed in that way.  {:3_48:}
2015-11-20
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I've opened a ticket also, it has more wobble then my original a model did, my d model was perfect. I bought it direct from dji.
2015-11-20
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

For dji Tim s/n W13DCK1105098, for what it's worth the tabs on the owners packet were also curled back. Nice of them to open it up, take out the old 1.2 manuals and stick in 2.0 manuals
2015-11-20
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Dji Tim November 12th was order date, I have talked tomorrow dji China, dji us they all keep telling me call the other one. I opened a dispute with eBay. This is my third inspire and this is completely unacceptable, it's not even a real 2.0 I have pictures right from fcc website shows new label says v2.0 1510 last 4 of fcc id
2015-11-20
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

One of those posts was for dji Patrick, about the purchase date
2015-11-20
Use props
Yogi123
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3194669 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rmr3131 Posted at 2015-11-21 00:11
One of those posts was for dji Patrick, about the purchase date

Hi rmr -

Can you share the link to the FCC website where this info can be found?  I'm in UK and bought the Pro from a local dealer and it too has the old v.1  FCC number.

Thanks for the help.
2015-11-21
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

https://fccid.io/SS3-WM6101510
2015-11-21
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Scroll down to fcc id label highlighted in blue and click on it. It shows you the new label model T 601 inspire 1 V 2.0
2015-11-21
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Located at the bottom of the battery tray. I guess don't worry the production run in a few weeks will be assembled properly, and be real 2.0 while in the meantime the people who keep their company funded get screwed, tell frank wang I'll run that god damn company for him. Idiot. Total misrepresentation of a product. He's got a hard on for that billion dollar sales goal this year, he's got investors to impress. F--k the customers. Now that's the real deal!
2015-11-21
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Macho man on this forum is also informed to all the details. Inspire v1.0 has an output of 24db the 2.0 under fcc guidelines has 29db +or- 1db far more output power on the air end of the lightbridge. Which none of our 1410 units sold as 2.0 posses. Hope that informs everyone that's all the information.
2015-11-21
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I've open a ticket about this and the 1st answer was:

Hello,

We are realy sorry for this problems. When did you buy the inspire pro?

Best regards
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Then the second answer is:

Hello,

in this case we must start a rma process for repair.

In order to further process your case, please give us the following information:
- Full name / Company name:
- Adress:
- Receipt / Proof of Purchase:

Thank you.

Best regards
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

But what is to "repair" at it? There must a be a replacement with the new v.2.0 for what i paid.

I have to send my inspire to RMA to repair what?

DJI has to send a v2.0 to the dealer from my town and when it's there i should go with mine to swap them!

From what i saw over the fcc website, DJI application for Inspire 1 v2.0 is from:  Original Equipment         10/31/2015
Mine was bought it on 10/30/2015 as a Inspire Pro v2.0
2015-11-21
Use props
fhhowdy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 438107 ft
United States

I don't have the wobbly arms issue, but it appears that the FCC ID is incorrect on mine, as well.  The purchase, directly from DJI-China, clearly shows 2.0.  

Can someone from DJI tell us in one post what we should see on an official version 2.0 inspire 1?

Specifically, what FCC ID should we see?
What Motor types should we see?
What body type should I see?

I have the new props, but that's the ONLY thing I can verify appears to be as advertised on the site for the 2.0 upgrades.
2015-11-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I've verified with DJI that the RF output doesn't differ across the two models. Direct distance tests confirms. There will be some variation in output between unit to unit but I have both v2.0 and v1.0 and the range is very similar. 'Macho man' is not correct. I have written to advise DJI that the FCC posting is causing concern to buyers unfamiliar with the company.

Having used DJI products for 3 years now I can say that their service has improved to the point that it is almost unrecognisable.

If you want to bash Chinese products or Chinese, please elect NOT to purchase DJI and stick with something that 3DR makes. However, do not vent here. And don't use F-bombs. Thanks
2015-11-21
Use props
fhhowdy
lvl.1
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-11-21 23:09
I've verified with DJI that the RF output doesn't differ across the two models. Direct distance test ...

I completely agree, Mike.  Bashing is not productive on any front.  Thanks for providing the FCC info.  I can also vouch for DJI service.  I've had to reach out to them several times, and each time I've gotten a response within 12 hours, and an acceptable resolution shortly thereafter.  That's more than good enough for me.

My Inspire v2 is the second product I've had of theirs, and so far it's proven rock-solid.  I guess I'm probably a little less prone to worry about loose  parts, as I double check nearly everything before my flights.  I'm sure it's from 30 years of flying R/C and building my own a/c.  

I would like to get confirmation of the part numbers -- just because their documentation is so sketchy with regard to the upgrades.  I think I've been able to verify everything except the body type.  I was thinking I had seen something about the V2.0 having the T610 body, but I have the T600.   

Not that it would really make a big difference.  The thing flies so darn well.  
2015-11-21
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Thank you,  njabinc we have 100% factual information, he must be on the payroll, this is fraud. And these idiots caught me at a bad time. Not for me, for them. This is class action fraud. I did not activate mine I'm sure it would hover fine and fly fine. But it is not, I iterate a 2.0 by any any stretch of the imagination
2015-11-21
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I have contacted dji about different versions of lightbridge, they replied they are all the same. So if you are ok with that I have property in Stuart fl. I'll short sell you for over retail, but I promise it will increase in value..... Lol! Facts are facts with the fcc. Unless dji doesn't plan on being in business next year! There is no opinion here, only fact!
2015-11-21
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I was kidding when I said don't worry about it, I researched the data on the gl658c remote, macho man informed me of the 1510 actual model. I have a d model version 1 and a fake, diriect from dji 1410 version 2.0 of course the range is similiar they are the same. This is fraud. Hope to get a real 2.0 someday with 30db.
2015-11-21
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I know this is meaningless to most, as i must surely be in error, or misinformed. I am an faa licensed pilot, not talking toys here. Mechanical engineer. Airplane owner. Multiple. But hey I'm just making this up. I have owned every consumer product dji have made, I love
2015-11-21
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

njabinc Posted at 2015-11-22 01:22
Mike what your reporting is completely untrue and an egregious lie. The transmitter in the 1410 mo ...

I know Mike is just trying to keep things cool here but DJI is responsible for giving people the v2.0, not a 1.0 with a 2.0 box. I REALLY hope we get an official response and this is corrected. I plan on buying one for black friday.

2015-11-22
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

rmr3131 Posted at 2015-11-22 01:58
Thank you,  njabinc we have 100% factual information, he must be on the payroll, this is fraud. And  ...

I understand your frustration as you paid for a V2 I feel even further duped as I sprung for a PRO. I spoke to tech support in LA who said it was simply a manufacturing error and said no need to send it in just exchange it at the retailer. I returned to B&H Photo in NYC who handled the situation incredibly and opened four boxes effectively rendering them unable to be sold as new as the seal was cut. Unfortunately every one contained a 1410. They sent me home with a 1410 and promised to get to the bottom of it and allow me to exchange it for a 1510 as soon as they saw one. So hearing this is still taking place indicates a level of fraud that's becoming incredibly unnerving as to this time DJI has exhibited a very reasonable set of corporate morals in there willingness to honor warranties and such. This unfortunately points to an entirely different corporate mentality which doesn't predict a bright future for a company who is currently leading their industry.
2015-11-22
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

njabinc Posted at 2015-11-22 15:47
I understand your frustration as you paid for a V2 I feel even further duped as I sprung for a PRO ...

njabinc, I hope it all gets worked out for you.

It may be a hiccup on their end. I don't think they would do this on purpose IMHO, as it only stirs negativity for them and their customers. But I DO hope they correct this.
Please keep up updated on how it is resolved.
2015-11-23
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-11-23 17:23
njabinc, I hope it all gets worked out for you.

It may be a hiccup on their end. I don't think t ...

Well at least its a little strange that they made a big mailing to everyone about model change and that they changed propellers and motors but with not one single word mentioning the dBm output change, though they adopted the new range values in the specs of all Inspire models even on this site - also without any announcement of it.

Would not everyone expect the headline to be "Range expanded from 2 to 5km" ?

So why did this not happen? Well who would buy then the 100s or 1000s old 6101410 models which are probably still in stock around the globe.....................

If FCC would not publish the documents this could hardly ever be proven there would be rumors if the firmware changes the range or single experience reports of strange differences but basically the facts would be hidden like there are many odd things we just dont know the truth due to lack of published documents and changenotes.

Actually it makes me rather sad such things happening because DJI has good products and made many good stuff. Its not DJI bashing - in fact they could easily avoid any bashing in not making false promises like "firmware can be rolled back" and then telling oops sorry ESC and camera cannot be rolled back but it will not effect your flight experience...........if they would have helped me more with the rollback like advertised I would probably be out flying and not sitting at home digging in technical stuff.
2015-11-23
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I bought mine direct from dji, and they tell me the first batch are labeled that way but I have a 2.0 for sure, she said. So this gets even better. If that's the case, which it is not. Then my 1410 would be emitting 30dbm which is not under the 1410's certification??? Hmm! I have an old one with new motors and propellers with a nice new label that says 2.0 on the outside of the box.
2015-11-23
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

And they won't issue me an rma, it's in pay pals hands now. I just want a 1510. I don't want a second 1410 with terribly loose arms?
2015-11-23
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I have not even activated it or powered it up, when I saw 1410 and the loose arms. Back in the case.
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

All the Inspire 1 V2.0 are marked with 1410,  have 3510H laser mark on a motors and vibration absorbing board compatible with Zenmuse X5.
So what you have there is original inspire 1 v.2.0, nothing to worry about.
2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Starting from next month we will use 1510 marks on inspire 1 v2.0
However, this is the same aircraft with different stickers
2015-11-24
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

Then you are violating a federal law here in the u.s.a. If my 1410 has output power of more than 24dbm. That would be a problem. I'm fairly confident it does not.
2015-11-24
Use props
rmr3131
lvl.2

United States

I am happy to report dji stated they are going to issue an rma, I'm am a happy customer and look forward to receiving the 2.0 properly labeled, I'm sure the lightbridge is "tuned"up under the hood as well. I love dji products, I'm glad they are going to take care of this issue for me.
2015-11-24
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-24 03:44
All the Inspire 1 V2.0 are marked with 1410,  have 3510H laser mark on a motors and vibration absorb ...

That is great news! Has someone confirmed this? Has anyone been able to see the laser etched marking and can you please post a picture?

rmr3131 I am glad you received an RMA! I hope for a quick and easy swap
2015-11-24
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-24 10:42
Starting from next month we will use 1510 marks on inspire 1 v2.0
However, this is the same aircraft ...

So what you are saying is that the printed label WM6101410 or WM6101510 on some plastic part has nothing to do with the actual hardware which is inside?

Why you print a new number then at all?
2015-11-24
Use props
fhhowdy
lvl.1
United States

I received my "V2.0" last week.  It had the 1410 markings.  I sent online sales a query on it, and they responded that the only difference on the 2.0 is the combination of new motors and props.  However, careful study of the specs listed on the store.dji.com inspire 1 page reflect that I have all of the features that are advertised.  The prop/motor combo has worked great for me -- I don't know that I can tell that much of a difference in flying from the V1.0, but the prop installation is MUCH better than the previous solutions.

As for the repackaging  -- it's probably a mix between ethics and business sense, in my opinion.  There are at least two announcement threads on the inspire forum from before the 2.0 was officially on sale - and both of them only mention new props/motors.  One of them did specifically state that the new motors were more expensive, so the cost would go up on the V2.0 model.  So, if that's the case, then I would not have any issues with them taking a v1.0 out, replacing the motors and props, repackaging it, and sending it out.  If it's never been flown, then I don't care if they open it, however, since this should be at DJI, they should be able to insure that the manuals and everything around the unit are spotless, and everything is still shrink-wrapped.  I want them to keep their costs down so they can focus on giving us MUCH better firmware.  Maybe they could start with battery firmware...

My $.02,
-Glenn
2015-11-24
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-24 03:44
All the Inspire 1 V2.0 are marked with 1410,  have 3510H laser mark on a motors and vibration absorb ...

That is great news! Has someone confirmed this? Has anyone been able to see the laser etched marking and can you please post a picture?

rmr3131 I am glad you received an RMA! I hope for a quick and easy swap
2015-11-24
Use props
Natey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

I can honestly say I'm a long time DJI products owner and have never been so discouraged with the deception of the new or supposedly new Inspire 1 V2. If the wrapper doesn't match the specs then it's fraud. If you want your customers to feel like they're not getting ripped off make sure all your ducks are in a row. And I'm sick of the support or lack there of.. I'm doubting my future with DJI...
2015-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules