1154 6 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
julie
New
Flight distance : 31480 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received it.  I have the Inspire and Phantom so famaliar with DJI products.  I followed the tutorials for first time use and the gimbal does not initiate!!  Camera works.  Metal connectors look good.  Firmware update does not initiate.  Am I missing something?  VERY FRUSTRATED!
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, have you activated the OSMO? If the camera works but the gimbal is limp, it's highly possible that you have not activate the OSMO by the app. Please check this post to do a activation. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2015-11-22
Use props
julie
New
Flight distance : 31480 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-22 17:25
Hi, have you activated the OSMO? If the camera works but the gimbal is limp, it's highly possible th ...

Hi thanks!!!  So I wish I could do this.  When i connect via wifi to the osmo, the DJI GO app asks me to sign in before I can hit the "next" button (in the set up process) but of course I can't log in at that point because i'm connected to the osmo.  when i deactivate wifi, and am just on data (or my home wifi) the app shows already logged in.  this is the newest version of the app.  ugh.
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Try to log in the app using home wifi first, and then try to connect the OSMO wifi to do the activation.
2015-11-22
Use props
mccarty.video
New

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-22 17:25
Hi, have you activated the OSMO? If the camera works but the gimbal is limp, it's highly possible th ...

This process is for iOS only, and it does not work for Android. The Android app does not work for activation.

I am so angry right now, because I have wasted close to three hours dicking around with this stupid activation. An incredibly bad user experience, and a really poor first impression.

I would take the Osmo back where I bought it and get a refund, but the retailer told me that, as per DJI policy, retailers are not allowed to accept returns.  So I seem to be stuck with a $650 useless object d'art right now.
2015-11-28
Use props
mccarty.video
New

United States

mccarty.video Posted at 2015-11-28 20:06
This process is for iOS only, and it does not work for Android. The Android app does not work for  ...

mccarty.video Posted at 2015-11-28 19:13
I have tried countless times this evening, and I cannot complete the activation process. I can succe ...

FINALLY got this to work after between 15 and 20 tries. I had to just keep going back and forth between the "confirm activation" window and my phone's WiFi connection settings, repeatedly connecting to the Osmo. For reasons I can't explain, the confirmation finally worked and the camera activated.

Absolutely TERRIBLE first experience with this device, and it has really soured on the company and the product. Not sure if I'll keep the camera at this point.  

Oh, and to add insult to injury, the battery died within minutes of activating the device. That's after I charged it completely prior to use. Although, the battery was only on the charger for about 10 minutes. That was suspect to me, so I removed and replaced the battery a few times to make sure it was fully charged - which it was not. So, apparently, the battery charger doesn't work too well either.
2015-11-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

mccarty.video Posted at 2015-11-29 12:55
mccarty.video Posted at 2015-11-28 19:13
I have tried countless times this evening, and I cannot c ...

About the charger, please note that the charger LED is powered by the battery instead of the power supply so it will be green no matter how many power left in the battery, to make sure the battery is fully charged, you need to connect the charger to the power supply and check whether the charger LED is green or not. If the you can't charge the battery, can you provide a demo video about the charger? Thanks.
2015-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules