1332 2 2015-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will learn…NEVER update firmware on a machine that is working!!!

OK what a mess…
First there is no airport within 30 miles of this location and I have flown here many times with no problem

Phantom 3 Professional

Go app 2.4.2

I first updated the RC to the newest version through the go app...no problem

I then updated the aircraft firmware to V1.5.0030...text file says it was a success

Next a cold IMU calibration..sucess

Then a camera/gimbal calibration

Finally a compass calibration....success

The first time I start engines I get the vibration many are seeing… I take it up 30 feet... The aircraft keeps drifting and seems very unstable and a slight pulsing sound.

I land check settings again and start another flight… this time the vibration is gone… I take it up 30 feet or so and hover. It drifts and the bird is not quite level. I fly in GPS mode and though the controls seem sluggish and drifting continues it seems to fly OK.

Today I try another flight… vibration gone but the drifting is still there… engines still sound different than with previous version of firmware. Now weird things happen… I start getting …“Warning: Aircraft enters altitude limiting mode”… when I enter F mode and set up waypoints  a warning …“ Aircraft is lower than the minimum altitude 3.0 m…even thought the altitude at the time is 226 ft. this happens multiple times but it does register the waypoints.

Then I try to fly the waypoint route and the aircraft jumps up and down and Warning messages appear one after another…” Warning Aircraft enters altitude limiting mode” It seems to be fighting itself so I go back to GPS mode and bring it home.

I have never seen the altitude limiting mode anywhere… what the hell is this?

I am going back to the previous firmware and hope I can fly again… I just hope the problem is not in the RC update.

Love help and explanations if possible… maybe tell me what I have done wrong and a remedy if there is one.

Butch

https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... ENERALNotifications

2015-12-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I flew several waypoint missions last week and got all sorts of warnings like that, but in the end it flew the missions exactly as programmed anyway. Something is certainly weird in the software. However I did not get the message 'Warning: Aircraft enters altitude limiting mode' at any point.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Butch
That's strange .  Please contact the support center for data analysis : http://www.dji.com/support?www=v1
2015-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules