FAA's Drone Registry Will Be Public Including Names and Addresses!?!
2013 18 2015-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I can remember back when I had to register for a license to operate a CB radio (kinda telling my age there huh?) so for the most part I was pretty much neutral on the drone registration plan when I saw what I thought  was the final proposal.    Then I read this article on GIZMODO:  http://gizmodo.com/report-the-faas-drone-registry-will-be-public-includin-1748793059 and on FORBES:  http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngoglia/2015/12/18/faa-finally-admits-names-and-home-addresses-in-drone-registry-will-be-publicly-available/ so I've had to reassess my thinking.  

2015-12-20
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.3
United States

Yeah I remember about the CB Radio License also and if you had a Radio Control out fit on the 27 megahertz band had to have it licensed also. The good old days LOL.
2015-12-20
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40269 ft
United States

Unfortunately, most government databases are public.  FCC has the ULS database online, and just about anyone can browse that one for a list of licensed radio operators.  FAA has its airmen's certification database online that can be queried too.  Nothing new, I'm in both, don't like it, but that's the rule.

Celebrities and others often use PO Boxes or other addresses to keep some semblance of privacy.  
2015-12-20
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

wmw1490 Posted at 2015-12-20 09:56
Unfortunately, most government databases are public.  FCC has the ULS database online, and just abou ...

I remember when I received my A&P and had to decide what number to use. A few people at that time were using their social security number. My how things have changed.

Since all government data bases are being made public, maybe the Obama student aid and trans scripts will be made public?

Time for a PO box I guess.
2015-12-20
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

I went to the FAA website and cut and pasted sections that are interesting (to me anyway):

All aircraft registration information for manned aircraft, UAS, and sUAS registeredunder part 47 are accessible to the public through the public Aircraft Registrywebsite at http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/. As previously mentioned,email addresses, telephone number, and credit card information of sUAS ownersregistered under part 48 will not be available to the public and will only be disclosed in accordance with the General Routine Uses applicable to all of theDepartment’s systems of records. Additionally, the public may only retrieve model aircraft owners’ name and address in the publicly available Aircraft Registry by the aircraft registration number (i.e., the public may not retrieve data by an owner’s name or address). Finally, we are adding a routine use clarifying that the FAA may disclose any aircraft registration information to law enforcement entities, when necessary and relevant to a FAA enforcement activity. These revisions to the routine uses do not substantively change thecurrent routine uses for aircraft registration records.

Iam leery of the Site being CRACKED and the blocked content being available to nefarious individuals who may sit on sUAS owner's homes and follow them for any infractions or worse yet, breaking in to steal their sUAS system.

2015-12-20
Use props
Daveywb
New

United States

I have a PO Box and I'm moving. So they will have my old address
2015-12-20
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-21 01:23
or we could all do the right thing and NOT register.. and fight against the bogus FAA regulations.

How are these "bogus FAA regulations" Cryin'bryan please link to FACTS that say this is not within the scope of the FAA?

Did you know that the government can enter your house without a warrant if you have any of the following;

Microwave over
Cell phone
WIFI router
TV
YOUR DRONE or any RC toy you have
Hooked up to the grid
A clock
A computer
The list goes on and on...

The FAA id not stepping out of the scope if their authority   

2015-12-20
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-21 02:37
enter my house?   I'd love to see them try that.    the saying goes, "I'll get more of them than t ...

Yes sir, IF you have any item the emits RF the FCC can enter without a warrant to inspect... Been like that since the Communications Act of 1934. Sorry about that but they have more guns than you... Bullets also
2015-12-20
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2015-12-21 02:38
Why should I provide links to anything?  Are you to dumb to find it on your own?  The idea is that ...

You are the one making the statement... not I...  and when you say something like that... well... your intellect is showing.

Having spent time in Lake, Jackson, Josephine, and Klamath counties.... well as they say if the shoe fits... and it's a very good fit...
2015-12-20
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-12-20 14:00
Yes sir, IF you have any item the emits RF the FCC can enter without a warrant to inspect... Been  ...

Maybe, but highly unlikely.  FCC enforcement folks rarely take actions and when they do it is in the form of a letter for first notification of a possible violation.  Study the FCC enforcement actions and it's doubtful you'll find one where they forcibly entered someone's home.  
2015-12-20
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Well then go ahead and kill a fed... tell me how well that works for you... People like you with your paranoid mentality is the reason we can have nice things... Need a gun to protect yourself... wow just wow.
2015-12-20
Use props
wmw1490
lvl.2
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-12-20 10:48
I remember when I received my A&P and had to decide what number to use. A few people at that time  ...

Yes, when I migrated to the plastic airmen's certificate I did the SSN change then.  Georgia driver's licenses used to be the same thing....way over the line for using a SSN.

2015-12-20
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

Looks like someone names Spanky should read what they type before they spank one out Paranoid people are the reason why we *can* have nice things. Thanks for pointing that out bud
2015-12-20
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-20
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-21 08:45
What do you use to protect yourself?  Dont tell me ....farts and dildoes?

what do you mean protect myself??? I sure as hell have never needed a gun if that's what you mean.
2015-12-20
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-20
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Gents....

I can say that a Law enforcement officer entering your home without a warrant is illegal. By rights and by several decisions of both lower courts and the supreme court, you can defend you home from all invaders all the way up to deadly force. I had a couple of officers on the floor spread eagle and in hand cuffs the other day. it was quite satisfying when I had to call their supervisor (who I know) and have him come pick them up. Didn't press charges thought. almost killed one of them before he thought better of it.

any way, from someone who has had to do it, you NEVER EVER EVER want to take another humans life if you can avoid it. the Dreams you have to live with the rest of your life just are not worth it. but You will notice I said IF YOU CAN AVOID IT. that is the key terms......

Be safe, and Be careful. Don't go looking for trouble, but don't be afraid to do what you have to do.  Just remember, unless you are dealing with a cop bully (yes I deal with them, its my job) then most of them just want you to leave them alone, and they will leave you alone.

Good luck and fly Safe.
2015-12-21
Use props
the great octom
lvl.1
United States

Check this article out. It seems as though not just addresses have been compromised... Credit card info has been also. http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=30816255&catId=112042
2015-12-23
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules