OSMO Audio Question
4218 8 2015-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jshearin
lvl.2

United States

Can someone explain to me the logic behind having “Added volume display and volume gain adjustments” if there is no way to monitor these adjustments through the headphone connection of your iOS/Android device or the OSMO itself.  

Am I missing a setting somewhere because this feature is really useless unless you can monitor your audio, even at the expense of a short delay.

2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try to upgrade your app and Osmo to the latest firmware version. App: v2.4.3 Osmo firmware:  v1.4.1.80.  Enter video mode: You can monitor the live audio volume input by the bottom audio level indicator(besides the recording timer).
2015-12-27
Use props
Jshearin
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-27 18:01
Please try to upgrade your app and Osmo to the latest firmware version. App: v2.4.3 Osmo firmware:   ...

Hi Amy,

I am running the latest firmware for both the OSMO and DJI Go and yes you can monitor the audio visually by looking at the meters but correct me if I'm wrong you can't hear your audio through the GO APP until you go to the playback mode.  As a professional who makes his living operating camera's it seams crazy to me to not have this basic function.  I would never trust my audio to a visual indicator.  Now, I could add a recorder but that defeats the portability aspect for me.  Listening to your audio while recording is a function that most camera's with a mic input have.

So you are aware, the reason why you would want to listen to your audio is in the event that your mic takes an audio hit, we get them all the time when using wireless audio systems and even when they are hard lined.  Sure, It's not as important if you are using the OSMO as a "B" camera, but even then, we still send a scratch track to our "B" cameras for monitoring and redundancy.

Amy, If sending a live audio feed through the Go app isn't something DJI cares about or the programmers are not capable of doing I can work around this.

I appreciate the response.

2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jshearin Posted at 2015-12-28 12:47
Hi Amy,

I am running the latest firmware for both the OSMO and DJI Go and yes you can monitor the ...

Alright, I understand your need now. I will report your suggestion to the engineers.
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jshearin Posted at 2015-12-28 12:47
Hi Amy,

I am running the latest firmware for both the OSMO and DJI Go and yes you can monitor the ...

We've tested the SHURE VP83F which can provide this funtion you need, and it works well with the Osmo.
2015-12-28
Use props
Jshearin
lvl.2

United States

Not really, I would like to plug a wireless mic receiver in it and monitor that.  I don't need to buy another recorder.  Thanks anyway!
2015-12-29
Use props
stephane
New
France

Jshearin Posted at 2015-12-29 23:32
Not really, I would like to plug a wireless mic receiver in it and monitor that.  I don't need to bu ...

Hello,

Did you find a solution to your problem?
This limitation is just amazing!
I'am looking for a portable audio mixer but I can't find anything that will do the job!
2016-7-6
Use props
JohnO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4162766 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-29 00:10
We've tested the SHURE VP83F which can provide this funtion you need, and it works well with the Os ...

Hi Amy,
The only catch with that is that if the MIC gets pulled out you won't be recording sound with your video.. The ideal solution would be to monitor audio through the device that would be recording it or through the app.
2016-10-20
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

[comment removed: just realized that I'm replying to a thread that's a year old    ]

2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules