Osmo - Inspire camera locking problem?
12Next >
4175 45 2015-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

I upgarded the firmware, etc on the camera.  Went to put it on the handle and powred up.  No lights, nothin...  Then I noticed that I could not lock would not fully engage.  Is this a problem?  Would this explain WHY it won't power up?

IMG_6200-2.JPG
2015-12-29
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

I should note, the fan in the camera does start to run. However, the only way to get it to shut off is to remove the battery. Again I get no lights no activity.
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

1) Please make sure the X3 camera has been upgraded to the latest Inspire 1 firmware.2) Please make sure the battery is fully charged. If the battery is used for the first time, please insert it to the charger to activate it.
3) Please try to tighen the screw and lock the ring.

handle2.jpg handle.jpg
2015-12-29
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

OK, I will.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Thank you.
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

atoddmiller Posted at 2015-12-30 11:17
I should note, the fan in the camera does start to run. However, the only way to get it to shut off ...

Please delete the inspire 1 firmware before you mount it on the Osmo.
1) Fully charge the battery until the led light on the charger turns from red to green.
2)Reboot and upgrade the OSMO: Copy the upgrade bin file into the SD card. Hold the trigger and record button, and pull down the power button at the same time. Hold it until the right led blinks red and green. Then try to upgrade the OSMO into v. 1.4.1.80. (The OSMO will update automatically with the bin file in the SD card, please wait about 20 minutes for the upgrade, the left led becomes solid green means the upgrade is successful)
2015-12-29
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

I checked the tightness of the screws and they were fully engaged.  The lock does not turn to the fully locked position.  Should't this be fixed before we update the firmware of the OSMO?  Please advise.
2015-12-30
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

Just you it is clear.  Before I took any action, I fully charged the battery AND I updated the inspire one firmware per instructions.  THEN I put the camera on the OSMO, turned it on, connected my iPhone to the wifi address for the OSMO, then launched the latest DJI software.  
2015-12-30
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

There is defiantly interference between the handle and the inspire camera.  In one picture one can see where the screws are interfering with handle via witness marks and preventing the full engagement of the electrical contacts.  In the other picture you can see a side view of the inspire one camera and how the screws (Which I confirmed are tight) protrude above the contact board.

?dl=0

FullSizeRender.jpg
2015-12-30
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

Here is the side view picture.
FullSizeRender[1].jpg
2015-12-30
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

Well, I see I have no response on my problem.  I also e-mailed DJI with the problem and have heard nothing.  I am about ready to ship the OSMO back.  Looking like DJI might not be handing success very well.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

atoddmiller Posted at 2016-1-6 19:54
Well, I see I have no response on my problem.  I also e-mailed DJI with the problem and have heard  ...

Sorry for the late reply, have you tried to remove that red slice on the pin base? Fisrt, please move the ring to the unlock position, then mount the x3 camera and move the gimbal ring to the lock position. If you still can't lock the camera, please contact DJI technical support for replacement. About the email, please tell me your email account, I will help you follow your case.
2016-1-6
Use props
jason
lvl.1

United States

Had you figured out the locking ring problem yet? I have the same issue with locking, and seen many others on Facebook forums as well. I haven't been able to find an answer to correct this yet though. I recently bought the Osmo handle kit when the new firmware was released allowing the I1 X3 camera to work on the Osmo handle. My Inspire 1 X3 camera and gimbal work fine as far as firmware/picture, etc., but the locking ring on the Osmo will only go about 2/3 of the way to lock. While I'm ok with this when in hand in a stable environment, I cannot chance mounting this in a car, or on motorcycle, bikes, etc. without it fully locking in place. I've made sure the 4-screws inside the Osmo are tight, verified the rubber gasket wasn't pinched or twisted etc., there's no dirt or debris in the way, and all other attempts to resolve have failed. Any luck? I searched forums back to release date of I1 X3 firmware and this is the only thread I found regarding this issue for some reason. Again, lots of post on Facebook, but still not a resolution that I have found. Please help. Hate to have to buy another camera, or return Osmo, especially after already getting the Rode Mic, back light, case, etc. Anyone? Thanks in advance!
2016-1-12
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

jason@caveracin Posted at 2016-1-13 02:42
Had you figured out the locking ring problem yet? I have the same issue with locking, and seen many  ...

This is the second time I have heard of a similar situation. Mine locks 100%.

Can you upload a video or pics?
2016-1-13
Use props
bangalula
New

Croatia

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-14 03:57

Can you upload a vi ...

I have the same problem. Can not fully lock my dji inspire camera bu it is working
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI Adela 001
DJI team

Hong Kong

jason@caveracin Posted at 2016-1-13 15:42
Had you figured out the locking ring problem yet? I have the same issue with locking, and seen many  ...

Hi, Jason, I'm afraid you need to tighten the two screws on the connector card of the X3 camera with more strength...According to some Technicians, the problem is that the 2 screws are not exactly fit, a little bit... Please try if possible. Thanks~
2016-1-21
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-6 20:49
Sorry for the late reply, have you tried to remove that red slice on the pin base? Fisrt, please mo ...

Hello Amy, I contacted DJI, they had me send it in.  I received it back recently and there is absolutely no difference.   I bought a very expensive german screw driver as well and checked the tightness of the two screws on the Inspire   one camera, both were tight.  I will post a video soon for your reference.
2016-2-14
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-13 21:57

Can you upload a vi ...

2016-2-14
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

atoddmiller Posted at 2016-2-14 11:08
Hello Amy, I contacted DJI, they had me send it in.  I received it back recently and there is abso ...

2016-2-14
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

I should note that at least the handle does now shut off with the power switch                   and I don't need to take the battery out.
2016-2-14
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

atoddmiller Posted at 2016-2-15 01:11
I should note that at least the handle does now shut off with the power switch                   and ...

Hi, I just checked my handle for the osmo, when looking down into the top of the handle, (as your post number 8 picture shows) you have very large hex head scews, and mine has counter sunk phillips head scews
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

atoddmiller Posted at 2016-2-15 01:00
https://youtu.be/r_T8K0ETDhY

Hi, I just returned after the Chinese lunar year. I am really sorry for this faulty repair. Please contact DJI technical support for replacement. You can contact the US office by email and attach this post link. Also, please reply me here about your ticket number of the email once you've got the replay from the US office so I can help you check your ticket status and make sure your problem is perfectly solved. Please don't forget to reply me directly below so that I can get a reminder from the forum. Thanks.
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-15 08:04
Hi, I just checked my handle for the osmo, when looking down into the top of the handle, (as your  ...

Hi, can the X3 camera be fitted perfectly? Does it work?
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jason@caveracin Posted at 2016-1-13 15:42

Hi, have you tried to tighten the screws? Please reply me if you haven't solved this mounting issue.
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-15 08:04
Hi, I just checked my handle for the osmo, when looking down into the top of the handle, (as your  ...

Hi, as long as you can mount the camera and it works perfectly, then there is no difference of these two types of screws.
2016-2-14
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

atoddmiller Posted at 2015-12-31 06:54
There is defiantly interference between the handle and the inspire camera.  In one picture one can s ...

Here is a photo of the top of mine with the lower fitting screws in it (there not counter sunk screws, I just checked)

IMG_2421.JPG
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-15 12:40
Here is a photo of the top of mine with the lower fitting screws in it (there not counter sunk scr ...

So does it work perfectly? If you can't fit the camera, try to tighten the screws, if the problem still persist, please try to send it back for detection.
2016-2-14
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-15 10:08
Hi, can the X3 camera be fitted perfectly? Does it work?

Yes mine is perfect, Maybe a suggestion for you or the engineers  that the screws he had maybe a little to large and they just interfere with the edge of the circuit board on the base of the camera/gimble. cheers
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-15 13:08
Yes mine is perfect, Maybe a suggestion for you or the engineers  that the screws he had maybe a ...

Thanks, I will try to contact the customer and ask for a send back so that we can check the camera further, I‘ve contacted to US office already.
2016-2-14
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am glad that has been resolved.
2016-2-15
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-14 23:40
Here is a photo of the top of mine with the lower fitting screws in it (there not counter sunk scr ...

Wow, I wonder if that alone is the problem.  Good point!  Thanks.
2016-2-15
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-15 02:08
Thanks, I will try to contact the customer and ask for a send back so that we can check the camera ...

Hi Amy, I will wait to hear from the US side support.  When do you think I'll hear from them?
2016-2-15
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-2-15 14:44
I am glad that has been resolved.

Not resolved yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Looks like the wrong screws were inserted in the Osmo.  We'll see.
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

atoddmiller Posted at 2016-2-16 06:38
Hi Amy, I will wait to hear from the US side support.  When do you think I'll hear from them?

Please provide your ticket number so I can help you check your ticket status and follow this case. Thanks.
2016-2-15
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-15 20:31
Please provide your ticket number so I can help you check your ticket status and follow this case. ...

Hi Amy,

It looks like 257844.

Thank you,

atoddmiller

https://djitechnologyllc.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/257844
2016-2-15
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-15 20:31
Please provide your ticket number so I can help you check your ticket status and follow this case. ...

Hello Amy,
I received a return label yesterday.  However.  There was no mention of the face that I was to send my X3 Camera along with the Osmo.  This is what I discussed with he service rep but here was no written documentation to back it up.  I am apprehensive to send both out until I am confident that both the X3 and the Osmo are acknowledged as going to the service center in California.
Can you help out?
Please advise,
atoddmiller
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

atoddmiller Posted at 2016-2-18 01:27
Hello Amy,
I received a return label yesterday.  However.  There was no mention of the face that I ...

Please don't worry, I will contact the corresponding officers about your need. Besides, you should reply the informations that they need and ask for a send back, they should help you send them all back. Any progress, you can reply me here to help you.
2016-2-17
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-17 20:53
Please don't worry, I will contact the corresponding officers about your need. Besides, you should  ...

I checked and the package arrived on Monday.  Thanks for your help thus far.
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

atoddmiller Posted at 2016-2-24 10:30
I checked and the package arrived on Monday.  Thanks for your help thus far.

Great to hear that, I hope you can get your problem solved ASAP.
2016-2-23
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

I got the OSMO back.  It works as expected.  The lock ring fully engages and the handle functions great.  I am not sure what the technicians did other than make sure the locking ring works but the issues is fixed.  Thank you for staying with during this issue.
2016-3-12
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

atoddmiller Posted at 2016-3-13 05:03
I got the OSMO back.  It works as expected.  The lock ring fully engages and the handle functions gr ...

Hi would be good to know what dji did to it, if they modified the circuit board slightly to fit past the original screws or changed the 4 screws in the handle,or maybe some other problem it may have had,anyway good luck with it
2016-3-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules