confused - phantom 3 PRO vs 3 PRO 4k? (dji rep please chime in!)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

I don't quite get the difference here. Could a DJI rep chime in?

a) Doesn't the Phantom Pro ALREADY have 4K?
b) And if so - then - the "PRO 4k" - appears to be a 'stripped' down version of the PRO? (I.e., reduced horizontal transmission distance to 500m instead of 2000m), and 'wi-fi' instead of the lightbridge, etc, etc
c) Finally - what are 'price' differences? Don't see anything in terms of a price difference, but assuming it would be less than the PRO. (But it is confusing - because "PRO 4k" sounds "better" than just "PRO", yet - it seems the "PRO" is better than the "PRO 4k").

Thanks

2016-1-4
Use props
tdrussell1
lvl.1

United States

The new model is not called the "Pro 4k."
2016-1-4
Use props
OmniView Tech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67953 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There is only one Model of the DJI Phantom 3 Professional 4k. The professional comes with a 4k camera all other models do not. Here is a great comparison chart that can show you the difference in each model.
https://store.dji.com/compare-phantom-3

Regards,
-OVT
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think your talking about the new Phantom3 4k announced today. You can do a comparison on DJI to see the difference.
Basically it's a Pro but with the Standard WiFi instead of Lightbridge. And it's range is 200m more than the Standard (1,200m)
Don't know what the price would be, I'm guessing it's going to be close to the Advanced.
2016-1-4
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

@dji-ken ah, kk. Although I guess you've called it what you've called it - I think " Phantom PRO 4k " versus " Phantom PRO " is going to be confusing to potential new buyers. (Because I would initially think the " PRO 4K " sounds more sophistticated than simply a " PRO " version). If it's not too late, I might call it the " Phantom Standard 4K ", or something like that. Avoids confusion - and in that case, I would (correctly) believe that the " Phantom Standard 4K " is better than simply a " Phantom Standard ".

ANyways, lol - as it is - I STILL want to buy a new phantom PRO - but just realized, since it's so cold here (-10 celcius at the moment) probably couldn't use it outside anyways! But....... still open to it!
2016-1-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiphantom3xx Posted at 2016-1-5 07:59
@dji-ken ah, kk. Although I guess you've called it what you've called it - I think " Phantom PRO 4k  ...

I took a look at the web site and it is not called a 'Phantom 3 Pro 4K', it is just 'Phantom 3 4K', so it is not necessarily confusing.
2016-1-4
Use props
fbradd
New

United States

I have been flamboozled!  On the 10th anniversary, I saw a GOLD banded (Just like the Phantom 3 Pro) Phantom 4K.  The DJI ad (which I got through the email) led me to believe I was going to get a Phantom 3 Pro quadcopter. The shipping EMAIL mentions, interestingly, this is NOT the Phantom 3 PRO (Interesting, why would they even state that?!?)/ In looking at what I got , it appears to be, indeed, a stripped down version of the Phantom 3 Pro.  

I have asked for a refund and will promptly ship this back.   I have an Phantom 3 Advanced and liked it so much I was going to get the Phantom 3 Professional.  Buyer beware!

I also would be concerned that some of the APPs out there would NOT recognize this quadcopter as the "professional" or "advanced" and so those apps I've purchased, like Airnest and AutoPilot would not work.

My suggestion to DJI would be to have disclaimers on the website that the 4K is NOT the PROFESSIONAL and change the banding to another color so as not to mislead anyone else.
2016-1-8
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

fbradd Posted at 2016-1-8 18:33
I have been flamboozled!  On the 10th anniversary, I saw a GOLD banded (Just like the Phantom 3 Pro) ...

No where have I seen the new P3 4K called a P3 pro or any suggewstions it is a pro.

I got the email as well.
I saw the adds.

I am unsure what was unclear. It is a new model
Phantom 3 Standard    wifi 2.7 K
Phantom 3 4K.            same wifi technology as Phantom 3 standard 2.7K--just better camera and range
Phantom 3 A               Lightbridge equipped 2.7 K     2 mbs stream
Phantom 3 Pro            Lightbridge equipped 4K         4 - 10 mbs stream

In all honesty I have a P3pro and had a p3A and never once looked at or noticed COLOR of the labels. I prefer to read them.

good luck and have fun flying!

Nothing was hidden or misleading,
However I did read and research about it when I saw the add so I would know exactly what the difference was/is
2016-1-8
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Yea different colors on different models would be good.
2016-1-8
Use props
aaron6070
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259042 ft
United States

Phantom 4k is like the standard but with a 4k camera
2016-1-8
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.2

United States

phantom 4K can not fly near as far as a Phantom Professional , and it costs a lot less than the Pro
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fbradd Posted at 2016-1-9 07:33
I have been flamboozled!  On the 10th anniversary, I saw a GOLD banded (Just like the Phantom 3 Pro) ...

Before you purchase, you read to read everything, it's clearly stated what you are buying. Saying buyer beware is not correct at all.
2016-1-8
Use props
medijaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83960 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Phantom 3 Standard  wifi 2.7 K
Phantom 3 A   Lightbridge equipped 2.7 K     2 mbs stream is small.Stream should be at least 5mbs  if not the same.
Price P3A $ 999 the price P3P $ 1250 little difference and you said that this was just a difference 4k camera and HD camera.
Advanced Charger 57W why ??? Maybe it's 100W lot of money to come to the P3A .It sucks
Is it possible to go back  2.7 camera and add another 4k camera and receive a pro version?
This I changed just for stream 10Mbs because it is important for the live broadcast of a lot better.
2016-1-9
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

The only confusion I see is how you

RENAMED -- the "Phantom 3 4K"  to the "Phantom 3 PRO 4 K"!   

YOU inserted a word 'PRO" that is NOT part of the name.
Thus you caused your own confusion by misreading.
2016-1-9
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

The only confusion I see is how you

RENAMED -- the "Phantom 3 4K"  to the "Phantom 3 PRO 4 K"!   

YOU inserted a word 'PRO" that is NOT part of the name.
Thus you caused your own confusion by misreading.
2016-1-9
Use props
fansf96f54dc
lvl.1

Canada

I purchased the wrong drone due to this exact same confusion.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules