Memory Card is Invalid
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
notputty
New

United States

I've been using the 8GB micro SD card that came with my Phantom 3 Standard and decided to upgrade it recently. I bought a 64GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD XC I (10) card [http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010Q588D4/] and when I insert it into my Phantom, it constantly tells me that the memory card is invalid. I've formatted the card on my PC using windows and the tool from sdcard.org and it still persists. My card format is exFAT.

How do I make my DJI read the card?
2016-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As far as formatting is concerned, the best place to format the card is in the aircraft. There is nothing to be gained by doing it on a computer. With regard to the 'card invalid' message, the Phantom is trying to tell you it does not recognise the card, and it may be due to your previous attempt at formatting it. Try formatting in the aircraft.
2016-1-9
Use props
notputty
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-9 20:51
As far as formatting is concerned, the best place to format the card is in the aircraft. There is no ...

It does not allow me to format it on the aircraft, it responds with formatting failed.
2016-1-9
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

notputty Posted at 2016-1-10 10:57
It does not allow me to format it on the aircraft, it responds with formatting failed.

We just went through the very same issue with another member over on this thread: SD Card Invalid

As I said in the other thread, I have one 64GB Ultra myself and it works, although I rarely use it. I prefer the Extreme or Exterme Pro for the P3P because of the 4K video throughput.

We simply couldn't get his P3 to recognize his 64GB Sandisk Ultra card. The spec calls for Micro SD with max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required. This card meets the class 10 spec.

We concluded that for whatever reason, his Ultra must not be compatible.... If you got it from Amazon, you should be able to exchange it as not compatible...
2016-1-9
Use props
notputty
New

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-9 23:03
We just went through the very same issue with another member over on this thread: SD Card Invalid

Yeah, it seems like the exact same issue. I'll exchange the card and see if its that.
Thanks
2016-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules