Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just a safe reminder for everyone here...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shrekpower
lvl.1

Canada

New owner of a P3P here, and while waiting for my aircraft to arrive, I'm just reading everything I can about it.  

In the section of "Phantom 3" Intelligent Flight Battery - Safety Guidelines[Page 2]
Do NOT put batteries in a microwave oven or in a pressurized container.

I was making sure everyone got that one because I think it's really important to remind you all.
2016-1-10
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Oh man, I am so glad you pointed that out.  

It gets pretty cold in my secret underwater dome since it's about 120 feet deep and almost 4 atmospheres pressure and after hearing about the battery efficiency dropping in cold environments I thought I could do a pre-flight warm up by popping them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.  

I am so glad I scanned the forum -- WHEW!  Disaster averted, huh?
2016-1-11
Use props
ChrisC
lvl.3

United States

Do not put battery's in Microwave oven?
Anyone that would put a $140 dollar battery or any battery in any kind of oven , I feel
There not intelligent enough to even be flying a Phantom 3
2016-1-11
Use props
shrekpower
lvl.1

Canada

gil Posted at 2016-1-11 16:04
Oh man, I am so glad you pointed that out.  

It gets pretty cold in my secret underwater dome since ...

I'm really glad I could help!
2016-1-11
Use props
shrekpower
lvl.1

Canada

ChrisC Posted at 2016-1-11 17:03
Do not put battery's in Microwave oven?
Anyone that would put a $140 dollar battery or any battery ...

here, take an upvote!
2016-1-11
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

But I thought these "intelligent" batteries knew when they are being misused and "self harden" to avoid danger?
2016-1-11
Use props
DRONEFREAK55
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

I'm glad I don't have to worry about cold weather. 73 deg F (22C) in the island now
2016-1-11
Use props
dji-p3p1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

You would be surprised what Crazy things some people do!

I was told of a guy who put his shoes in the Microwave in the morning because they had been left out in the snow overnight ! His soles melted to a puddle of rubber and plastic,
2016-1-11
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

In all probability  there were at least a couple of brain dead idiots that did exactly those things.  

Then they found some ruthless litigation lawyers to try sue one or all of the companies making components for the batteries.  It is more than likely that the settlement offer included the provision that a warning label would now include the admonishment against microwaves and  pressure vessels.  

Care to guess what's next?  A Phantom battery will end up in one of those bizarre stories about the strange objects emergency rooms have to remove from peoples uhhh... "orifices"?

So kiddies, just remember, you can't charge the battery by sticking it up your whazoo!
2016-1-11
Use props
Hawks100
Second Officer
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Thats nothing.. About 15years ago, some guy ripped his nose off with an electric Drill.His nose was itchy, so he put the drill bit into his nose to itch it.Yep. you guessed it. He pulled the trigger and it ripped his face and nose off.
He sued the drill maker because it didn't state not to do this with this equipment.He was awarded a Mega pay out.
Thats the world we live in..
2016-1-11
Use props
jobem
lvl.2

United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-1-12 03:52
Thats nothing.. About 15years ago, some guy ripped his nose off with an electric Drill.His nose was  ...

Is heating it in a wok OK?
2016-1-11
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Bugger...now I can't take my P3 deep sea diving.
2016-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules