Downloading video files from SD card
4419 10 2016-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeroenkoolen
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello,

When trying to download videos from the SD card to the library in the GO App I get the following message:

'Only 720P, 1080P and JPEG files will be downloaded, others will be ignored.'

Video size is set to 1080P 25 fps, format is set to MP4. I can view the videos in the DJI App and I can copy them to my computer, but I cannot download them into the library and hence cannot edit them..

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeroen.
2016-1-22
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

OK so if you are trying to view 2K or 4K video on your computer, you must have a very good video card and software that handles higher end videos.
Ipads, iPhones, etc are just now able to play 2K and 4K but older models might never be able to.
As a (*Cough) PC user, I use Sony Vegas Pro 13, but there are many others much cheaper.
For a video cards, Nvidia has a great line up (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/4k/supported-gpus).
So in short, 2K and 4K are new codecs to the video block, and the technology/software is just now catching up.
2016-1-22
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I have a P3S, so my experience might be different than yours.

But,  why not just pop the SD card out, and pop it into your computer?

I do this after every flight.

sid
2016-1-22
Use props
hangingkayaker
New

Canada

sidtx Posted at 2016-1-23 01:00

But,  why not just pop the SD card ou ...

I'm new to this. First flight today. Once I put my SD card in the computer, I was able to edit it in iMovie but could not upload the finished movie to YouTube.  Trying to upload on my iPhone after editing it on the phone. I don't really want to use my phone to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks.
2016-1-23
Use props
hangingkayaker
New

Canada

sidtx Posted at 2016-1-23 01:00

But,  why not just pop the SD card ou ...

I'm new to this. First flight today. Once I put my SD card in the computer, I was able to edit it in iMovie but could not upload the finished movie to YouTube. Any suggestions? Thanks.
2016-1-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

hangingkayaker Posted at 2016-1-24 13:22
I'm new to this. First flight today. Once I put my SD card in the computer, I was able to edit it  ...

Yes, edit them on your computer, you phone is probably not up to the job of editing, particularly if you are using 4K. And I am not sure if Youtube allows you to upload 4K anyway.
2016-1-23
Use props
Jeroen Koolen
lvl.1

Netherlands

Microsyb and Sidtx, thanks for the suggestions.

I have a DJI P3 Advanced, so not 4K, I run the GO App on my HTC One. When I playback captured images and video via the playback button I can see the recorderd videos and play them. When I put the SD card in my computer I can download the videos and play them. But when I want to download the video into the library of the GO App when I am in the library, the app just shuts down. When I play a video in play back mode and try to download it I get the message 'Only 720P files etcetc'. So must be a glitch in the GO App. I tried changing format to MOV in stead of MP but that did not matter.

2016-1-26
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

This might be a wild card, but out of interest what FPS are you shooting at? If it's high, like 60, maybe the app can't handle that kind of data size, even though it says 720/1080 is accepted.

Just a thought..........
2016-1-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jeroen Koolen Posted at 2016-1-26 22:30
Microsyb and Sidtx, thanks for the suggestions.

I have a DJI P3 Advanced, so not 4K, I run the GO  ...

I presume you are shooting in 2.7K, in which case the app is trying to tell you the file size will probably be too large for your HTC one. The files that do appear on the HTC One are reduced resolution files for preview purposes only, You are meant to use the real ones from the SD card. And the app also cleans out older files to replace them with newer ones on your phone. The reasoning behind this is to avoid filling your phone with large files.
2016-1-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

to reach 4k, 2.7K and DNG files you have to copy them from SD card straight to your computer
2016-1-28
Use props
Jeroen Koolen
lvl.1

Netherlands

Anderjon Posted at 2016-1-28 06:38
This might be a wild card, but out of interest what FPS are you shooting at? If it's high, like 60,  ...

Hello Anderjon,

Shooting in 25 FPS...
2016-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules