Micro SD Cards
3177 12 2016-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chipwood1
New

United States

I purchased two new larger Micro SD cards 64GB and 32GB.  My P3S will not format either of these cards. The 64 GB ix a SanDisk Ultra Micro SD XC1.  The 32GB is a Toshiba HC1.
Each time I load these cards in the camera, I get the message:  Invalid SD Card.  Also could not format either card.  Do I need another type of Micro SD card?
2016-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need a SD card with these specs: Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.
This is what most use and they work great.
http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-mi ... reme+pro+micro+32gb
2016-1-25
Use props
chipwood1
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-25 15:56
You need a SD card with these specs: Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.
This is ...

Thank you very much.  Ordered the 32GB as you indicated.
2016-1-25
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

chipwood1,
I believe that Sandisk now sells their Ultra for very, very low end devices and that it may not actually meet those specs. They introduced the Ultra Plus as its replacement, which better meets the standard. I recently came across this feedback on Amazon for the Ultra: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2R ... 541966&store=pc.
As Ken points out, get cards that meet the WRITE requirements for your P3. PhantomHelp provides links for compatible memory devices for your P3S.

2016-1-25
Use props
pantera989
lvl.3

New Zealand

San Disk Extreme Pro's are the way to go, reliable and fast.

Also have you tried the cards in your computer or other device that takes microSD cards, they could be rubbish fakes?
2016-1-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I've solved issues such as this by formatting in the PC and then formatting in the P3.
2016-1-25
Use props
brian.thekoster
lvl.1

United States

Hello.  I just purchased a Silicon Power (SP) 64GB card.  SDXC, UHS 1.  Read speed rated 85mbs.  Just tried it in the camera and works fine.   It came formatted.  I will do some more testing in fight, but looks good and only $14.75 on Amazon!
2016-2-1
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2
United States

Hey brian.thekoster, thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the same card online. I was ok with the 16GB that came with my P3 Adv but never hurts to have a backup card right? :-)
2016-2-1
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

my inspire vendor sent me a 64 gb card due to problems with my unit.  it won't format.  i don't recommend that vendor any more.
2016-2-1
Use props
Jdoyle
lvl.2

United States

Anyone have a comment about this card.Want to use with P3P
Amazon has it for $13.99

PNY U3 Turbo Performance 32GB High Speed MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-I, up to 90MB/sec Flash Card (P-SDU32GU390G-GE)
  • Up to 90MB/sec speed for lightning transfer rates
  • Faster transfer of digital content on Android Smartphones & Tablets. Enables high performance, action-capturing photography from Action Cameras
  • Class 10 UHS-I, U3 performance allows burst-mode shooting, Full HD and 4K Ultra HD video recording
  • Great for storing and transferring more videos, movies and photos to and from your smartphone and tablet
  • Stores approximately 10,826 photos so you don't have to worry about running out of space
  • Reliable & Durable: Magnet Proof, Shock Proof, Temperature Proof, Waterproof
  • Compatible with Micro SDHC and micro SDXC devices
  • Backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty

2016-2-4
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Jdoyle Posted at 2016-2-5 01:27
Anyone have a comment about this card.Want to use with P3P
Amazon has it for $13.99

90mb/s is likly read, not right speed. It says class 10 so meets minimum specs for the phantom.

Personally I'd spend a bit more and get a card from a reputable brand and dealer (high end san disk/lexar/samsung card)
2016-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-5 06:53
90mb/s is likly read, not right speed. It says class 10 so meets minimum specs for the phantom.

Agreed. I guess it is tempting to try and find a 'cheap' card that does the job, but do you want to buy the SD card twice? Because that's what you will end up doing, buy the cheap one to throw it away because it does not work then have to buy a better one to replace it.

A genuine Sandisk Extreme series will be guaranteed to work, save time and buy well.
2016-2-4
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-5 03:53

This^

It's been my experience that when a card manufacture brags about high speeds but neglects to inform you exactly what their talking about, read or write, it generally means read.
2016-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules