Mute Fan Option
4300 34 2016-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

Hi everyone,

I started up my OSMO today and to by surpise there is a Mute Fan option in the Audio Control section of the App, But then I can't turn it on, as everytime I press the Mute Fan switch, it just automaticly turns back off, Anyone else see this and was able to make it work? Is it new or has it been in the app for a while now(1 month?)?

Thanks!!!

2016-2-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Need to wait a little longer ;)
2016-2-3
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

Ooh, I wonder if they are going to actually allow you to turn off the fan or if it is just some type of halfbaked noise reduction on the recorded audio.
2016-2-3
Use props
alvintoro
lvl.2
United States

Need to wait a little longer for the fan to turn off or wait a little longer for the next firmware update?
2016-2-3
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

Oh gosh, if it is the ability to turn off the fan this is gonna be so good! But ok let's see when the next firmware update is.
2016-2-3
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2016-2-3 17:27
Need to wait a little longer ;)

spoodge whats your crystal ball saying.A mute option to me seems more likely how would it be able dissipate the heat generated if the fan was disabled.
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, the latest DJI GO App is added the new feature, it let the user to control the Fan while recording for the audio of a better quality. I think you must have just updated the DJI GO App to the latest one, while you're still using the old FW version, that's why you can't turn the Mute Fan on.
2016-2-3
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-4 15:13
Hi, the latest DJI GO App is added the new feature, it let the user to control the Fan while recordi ...

Adela what is the FW version and its update number and what is the new update number to enable the fan to be silenced?

Rod and the cat
2016-2-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-2-4 11:35
Adela what is the FW version and its update number and what is the new update number to enable the ...

Hi, rod AndTheCat, as you can see in DJI official website, the latest FW version is 1.4.1.80, and the latest App version is 2.6.0.
2016-2-4
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

@DJI-Adela Is that Firmware out yet? I latest one I see and have right now is the 1.4 version, which was the one during December.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-2-4 18:20
@DJI-Adela Is that Firmware out yet? I latest one I see and have right now is the 1.4 version, which ...

Hi, The latest released official FW version for Osmo is 1.4.1.80. The Beta version has not released, I'm sorry for the confusing message.
2016-2-4
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

@DJI-Adela Ahh I see, may I ask if the mute mic option actually makes the mic completely silent when pressed or does it just reduces the noise? Thanks!!! Looking forward to the next update then : )
2016-2-4
Use props
nickage
lvl.2

United States

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-2-4 20:02
@DJI-Adela Ahh I see, may I ask if the mute mic option actually makes the mic completely silent when ...

you mentioned "mute fan" in the first post, did you mean option to mute mic? Or there is separate control for the FAN ? Mute mic completely turns off the mic.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nickage Posted at 2016-2-5 05:44
you mentioned "mute fan" in the first post, did you mean option to mute mic? Or there is separate  ...

The optional function of "mute fan" in new DJI GO App means you can turn off the Fan, in that way the fan is supposed to stop twirling while recording video or audio.
2016-2-4
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-5 14:58
The optional function of "mute fan" in new DJI GO App means you can turn off the Fan, in that way  ...

Adela,  
if you can shut the fan down when recording,  what is the purpose of the fan? (after all this is a video camera designed to record- it doesn't have any other use, so when would the fan come into play?
Rod and the cat
2016-2-4
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

@nickage ah my mistake , I meant to say mute fan XD
2016-2-4
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

Being able to turn the fan off is going to make the Osmo so much more useful.  My guess is that it will act like other video cameras.  The fan will remain off until the temperature gets too hot at which point either the recording stops or the fan is forced to turn back on.  The X3 gets quite hot, so I am guessing the window to be able to use it will be limited.  Also, I hope the image quality does not noticeably suffer.  Even so, I'm glad that controlling the fan is going to  be possible.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-2-5 10:21
Being able to turn the fan off is going to make the Osmo so much more useful.  My guess is that it w ...

Hi, there, you get the point! You can select to turn off the fan while recording to reduce the noise caused the fan twirling, when the temperature rises to high, say about 80 degree Celsius, the fan will start to work.
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-2-5 10:08
Adela,  
if you can shut the fan down when recording,  what is the purpose of the fan? (after all  ...

Hi,
It's supposed to reduce the noise of the fan so that the users can have a audio of better quality. When the Osmo feels it's too hot, the fan will begin its work automatically.
2016-2-4
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-5 15:32
Hi,
It's supposed to reduce the noise of the fan so that the users can have a audio of better qual ...

Thanks Adela, so it has a built in heat overload protection- that's good to hear!
Rod and the cat
2016-2-4
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

Hi, Sorry but so will the mute fan option be there to actually turn of the fan while recording or just reduce the speed of the fan so that it won't be as loud? Thanks
2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-2-5 15:51
Hi, Sorry but so will the mute fan option be there to actually turn of the fan while recording or ju ...

Hi, the fan will be stopped if you toggle off the "Mute Fan" bar. Thanks!
2016-2-5
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Indonesia

Ah awesome now my audio of the video mic go would sound10x better now thanks
2016-2-5
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-5 16:04
Hi, the fan will be stopped if you toggle off the "Mute Fan" bar. Thanks!

Is this working now or in the next update??

Jack
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jackiedh Posted at 2016-2-5 23:58
Is this working now or in the next update??

Jack

Please wait for the next update. Thanks!
2016-2-5
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

Is it safe to say that any firmware update that brings the Osmo inline with the DJIGO app is going to take until after Chinese New Years to appear?
2016-2-6
Use props
d.tattini
New

Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-6 03:23
Please wait for the next update. Thanks!

Hello Adela, I have the osmo with the last firmware update and the app too. but I cannot be able to use the function mute fan.

what happened?
2016-2-16
Use props
nickage
lvl.2

United States

In the DJI Osmo 2 please make bigger radiator/heatsink and remove the fan completely.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-2-7 02:21
Is it safe to say that any firmware update that brings the Osmo inline with the DJIGO app is going t ...

Yes, the new firmware update is going to be released after the CNY, but about the exact time, please pay attention to the DJI official website.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

d.tattini@gmail Posted at 2016-2-17 05:50
Hello Adela, I have the osmo with the last firmware update and the app too. but I cannot be able t ...

The new function of muting fan in the DJI GO App will be compatible with the next firmware update which is going to be released very soon. But up to now, with the firmware 1.4.1.80, we still can not mute the fan in the DJI GO App.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nickage Posted at 2016-2-17 08:03
In the DJI Osmo 2 please make bigger radiator/heatsink and remove the fan completely.

Thanks for your suggestion! Our engineers are working on optimizing the performance of the fan and trying to avoid the noise. Whether the fan will be removed or not? it may not happen very soon. Anyway, thanks for your concern!
2016-2-16
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

Based on the reports from some of Sony's and Nikon's DSLRs and the fact that most camcorders have fans, I doubt that there is much of a chance of these light weight gimbal cameras ever getting away without some sort of fan.
2016-2-16
Use props
d.tattini
New

Italy

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-17 03:24
The new function of muting fan in the DJI GO App will be compatible with the next firmware update  ...

but it's normal this "high level" of noise that comes from the fan? when you turn on the osmo the fan seems slow, after few seconds became super fast.
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

d.tattini@gmail Posted at 2016-2-17 23:31
but it's normal this "high level" of noise that comes from the fan? when you turn on the osmo the  ...

When the fan is turned on, it's noticeable to hear of the sound. We understand it frustrates some of our clients when recording the audio, so in next firmware update the "mute fan" function will be added to the DJI GO App.
2016-2-17
Use props
enzoadv48
lvl.1

Italy

d.tattini@gmail Posted at 2016-2-17 16:31
but it's normal this "high level" of noise that comes from the fan? when you turn on the osmo the  ...

Ciao Tattini, ti scrivo in italiano così ci capiamo meglio e forse facciamo capire che esistono anche degli acquirenti italiani (esiste l'app DJI GO solo in inglese e i siti sono esclusivamente in inglese).
Mi sono avventurato anch'io nella Osmo e ti posso assicurare che l'audio, usando il microfono incorporato, è PESSIMO!  Tutto è cominciato con l'aggiornamento al firmware 1.4.1.80 e se vai sul sito di DJI nell'HELP troverai, in data 2016-02-06, i miei problemi rimasti ancora senza risposta.
La DJI penso non sappia cosa fare e per ovviare al problema, in occasione dei 10 anni, ha deciso di regalare un microfono esterno a chi ha acquistato Osmo prima di gennaio 2016. Non mi è ancora arrivato quindi non so come funziona.
Loro dicono che interrompendo il funzionamento della ventola si migliora il tutto ma su l'app DJI GO, ad esempio,  non si può interrompere la ventola perchè il cursore non funziona.
Secondo me il problema è nel supporto del gimbal e nel microfono mal posizionato al suo interno.
Spero che prossimamente alcuni problemi possano essere risolti anche perchè è una bella telecamera e il suo costo non è indifferente.
Ciao Enzo
2016-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules