Inspire 1 camera compatible?
1847 14 2016-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1338891 ft
United States

Hello, I purchased my inspire 1 about 6 months ago, it's got the white camera, if I buy the Osmo handle will it work with my camera? I've seen different answers to this question posted so I thought I would get any clarification on that.

Thanks for any suggestions.
2016-2-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello, wes! The Inspire 1 X3 camera is compatible with Osmo, but before you mount the X3 white camera on the Osmo, please update the FW of the camera to the latest version mounting on Inspire 1. If you have any problem, please post here so that we can help you out.
BTW, just a kind reminder: the black X3 camera originally for Osmo can not be used in Inspire 1.
Thanks!
2016-2-5
Use props
wes
lvl.2
United States

Thanks very much for your reply. And the x3 camera is the white camera? Thanks for the confirmation....
2016-2-6
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

Wes,

It is the white camera ! I bought the Osmo with the black camera. Unfortunately the black can't be used with the Inspire 1. Shame because it looks pretty damn nice on the Inspire (and I would have a back in case something went wrong)
But as mentioned before the white camere from the Inspire 1 can be used (after firmware update !) with the Osmo handle.
Enjoy !
2016-2-6
Use props
wes
lvl.2
United States

Thanks so much!
2016-2-7
Use props
ace1
New

Australia

Hi , just wondering how you went with you DJI inspire camera on the OSMO.  I've got the same setup , bought the OSMO handle only , upgraded the Inspire 1 software , but when I actually used it on the OSMO handle it bricked itself. The camera does a few rotations , fan comes on and the camera points forward. No LEDs on the handle , DJI app connects but no photo , then it just beeps .  I tried to update the OSMO software but that wouldn't take either. Any ideas ?. Thanks Adam  
2016-2-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

wes@pillarmarke Posted at 2016-2-6 17:50
Thanks very much for your reply. And the x3 camera is the white camera? Thanks for the confirmation. ...

Hi, wes. The X3 white camera is originally for Inspire 1, while the X3 black camera is only for the Osmo. Both are X3 camera, but they are not exact the same.
You can upgrade the X3 white camera first and then use it with Osmo.
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

FlyGuy Posted at 2016-2-7 15:44
Wes,

It is the white camera ! I bought the Osmo with the black camera. Unfortunately the black can' ...

You're right! Enjoy!
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ace1 Posted at 2016-2-11 13:09
Hi , just wondering how you went with you DJI inspire camera on the OSMO.  I've got the same setup , ...

Hi, I'm afraid you encounter this situation because you have not upgraded the X3 white camera and the Osmo successfully.
Before mounting your white camera to the Osmo, you need to mount the white camera on Inspire 1 and upgrade the FW with the latest assistant software for Inspire I.
Then, if your Osmo is already with the latest FW version, you can use the upgraded camera with the Osmo directly if everything goes correctly.
If it doesn't work, please try these steps: download the latest Osmo assistant software from DJI official website and extract it to the root directory of the SD card. Holding the Trigger button + Record button, Slide down the Power switch for a while until the indicator blinks red and green alternately. After that the Osmo will upgrade itself, please wait for around 25 minutes.
Please tell us the result. Thanks!
2016-2-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you buy the white camera second hand and don't own an inspire 1 your pretty much screwed if camera has an older firmware version.
2016-2-15
Use props
ICU
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-15 11:56
Hi, I'm afraid you encounter this situation because you have not upgraded the X3 white camera and  ...

Hello Adela,

With regards to your comment to use the latest Osmo software assistant, shall we leave the FW v1.6.0.40 inside the Sd and add the Osmo FW V01.04.01.80 and then do the combo trigger+record plus slide power, or shall we delete the FW from inspire 1 and just add the FW for Osmo? Thank you for your help.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ICU Posted at 2016-2-17 10:38
Hello Adela,

With regards to your comment to use the latest Osmo software assistant, shall we lea ...

Hello ICU,

After you've upgrade the white camera with the latest Inspire 1 FW, please delete the FW from the SD card, and then extract the *.bin of the latest Osmo FW to the root directory of that SD card.

Any further information will be appreciated!

Thanks!
DJI-Adela
2016-2-16
Use props
ICU
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-17 11:17
Hello ICU,

After you've upgrade the white camera with the latest Inspire 1 FW, please delete the  ...

Hi Adela,

I did as you instructed and it worked. I had to wait the 10-15mn for the handheld upgrade, then the app allowed me to register my device. I had my phone set on switching automatically for 2.4 or 5 ghz, I had to disable this function for the OSMO wifi to work. pretty straight forward after I learned to do the combo trigger + record + slide power. Thank you for your assistance.
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

ICU Posted at 2016-2-17 21:50
Hi Adela,

I did as you instructed and it worked. I had to wait the 10-15mn for the handheld upgrad ...

It's my pleasure. Hope you will work with the Osmo happily! For any other problem, we'll try our best to help out. Thanks for your support!
2016-2-17
Use props
copterstudios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21847 ft
United States

Just bought a new osmo hadle for my X3 gimbal.  When I got it, it never powered up which I thought was strange.  The gimbal never powered up but the handle did...  Reviewed some forums and they told me to update the x3 to the latest osmo firmware which I did. The inspire had the latest firmware.  I also got a "successful" result after the update of the Osmo.  However, the gimbal never powered up...  It still works on my X3.  Has anyone had any of the same issues using their X3 gimbal?  Any help would be appreciated.
2016-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules