Two Middle Lights on Phantom 3 battery - Batt Won't turn off
9561 15 2016-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
studio1551
lvl.1
United States

Dunno...need help. THe battery won't update, it won't turn off, it powers the Phantom, but won't allow flight, two middle lights stay on all the time...a few days now. HELP!!!
2016-2-22
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Check the manual, there is a page that states battery error codes based on lite LEDs.  Might also try put it on the charger just to see if the LEDs start blinking indicating its taking a charge.
2016-2-22
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

I've read that some people had this problem with their P2's. It was caused by a malfunction while updating. If it said no updates they would click it any way and it would reinstall.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What happens when you put the battery on a charge?
2016-2-23
Use props
studio1551
lvl.1
United States

Nothing happens. It doesn't start to charge or the lights change
2016-2-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

studio1551@yaho Posted at 2016-2-26 07:22
Nothing happens. It doesn't start to charge or the lights change

I would not bother any more with it, return it as faulty.
2016-2-25
Use props
greyphantom2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 787474 ft
New Zealand

Same issue here. The manual does not say anything about two middle lights being on.
Putting on the charger does not change the lights.
Putting it back in the Phantom, turns the Phantom on immediately as the battery is constantly on.
I was updating to firmware 1.8, two of my batteries did just fine and this one did not.

Could it be that this batteries firmware was older than the other two and could not make the jump to 1.8?

Cheers
2016-5-2
Use props
videoart222
New

Ha! I might have figured it out

Same error.  New Phantom 4 purchased and used month old battery which worked yesterday in other Phantom 4.  When I placed battery in new Phantom 4, I received a "critically low battery" warning when it was fully charged.  Then middle two green LEDs stayed on for hours.  Google searched and found nothing.  I figured I would try something within the DJI Go app for a possible solution vs. trecking back to Best Buy to exchange.

THE SOLUTION (for my case anyway)
1. place the battery back into the Phantom 4.
2. Open "DJI Go" app.
3. My battery indicator read "0%", I clicked on the battery level indicator (top-middle icon DJI App) which brought me to the battery menu. I selected on "show voltage on display" and it corrected the issue!  Not sure if the app needed to gain access to battery to reconnect or something of the sort, but it did work.  Let me know if this works for anyone else so I can post it as an official solution.
2016-7-12
Use props
shane56
New
Australia

I had the same thing. Actually contacted support and they suggested I switch mobile devices. I did so, turning off my iPad and connecting my iPhone. DJIGo on the iPhone directed me to upgrade the firmware, did so, waited, all good. Apparently, once you've had un unsuccesful attempt on a mobile device, it may not enable you to try again.
2016-8-13
Use props
martin
lvl.1
Peru

videoart222 Posted at 2016-7-12 19:43
Ha! I might have figured it out

Same error.  New Phantom 4 purchased and used month old battery  ...

Hi,

That solution worked perfectly for my P3 Pro! Thanks for your help, I thought I'd lost a battery.
2016-8-16
Use props
fansa0919075
New

Mexico

Hi, today i had the same problem with a battery for dji matrice 600 the 2 middle leds on and won't turn off, after looking around on the internet i found out that the battery has 2 middle leds on because it's in upgrade mode and did not finish the process!; the solution is very easy for the matrice 600 since it has 6 batteries I only plugged in batteries 1 and 2 (battery 2 had the problem) Then I proceeded to run the upgrade again (with dji assistant 2) and it started to do the process and failed but at the same time changed the battery 2 state from upgrade mode to normal operating mode (meaning it turned off the 2 led's and i was able to see it under battery management again) an important note would be that I used a different laptop for the second upgrade procedure of course same software and driver only difference was windows 7 64 bit on the first attempt (which caused the problem in the first place "2 middle led's on and won't turn off" and the second laptop had windows 10 64 bit.
2017-5-19
Use props
fansa0919075
New

Mexico

I hope this information helps.
2017-5-19
Use props
fans7901141b
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi,  I got this after SW update.... Seems it failed.... I tried again and it work OK......      https://www.drone-world.com/how- ... sional-and-advanced
2017-11-12
Use props
fans7901141b
lvl.1
Indonesia

fans7901141b Posted at 2017-11-12 00:42
Hi,  I got this after SW update.... Seems it failed.... I tried again and it work OK......      https://www.drone-world.com/how-to-update-firmware-for-the-dji-phantom-3-professional-and-advanced

SW Update finish after solid LED Green on Gimbal and sound like d---dd
2017-11-12
Use props
fans7901141b
lvl.1
Indonesia

fans7901141b Posted at 2017-11-12 00:42
Hi,  I got this after SW update.... Seems it failed.... I tried again and it work OK......      https://www.drone-world.com/how-to-update-firmware-for-the-dji-phantom-3-professional-and-advanced

SW Update finish after solid LED Green on Gimbal and sound like d---dd
2017-11-12
Use props
Drone Age
New
Flight distance : 710351 ft
United States

Problem Fixed for me. Same issue, the two center LEDs were solid green. Phantom showing battery error. Won’t charge, won’t respind and will stay on for days.

This all happened whilst doing a firmware update. I wanted to roll back my firmware and accidentally hit the same firmware version twice. It updated same version again and bam! It tossed the intelligent flight battery into wacko mode. And wouldn’t respond and showed low. It wasn’t it was at 92% when starting firmware update.

Granted mine is a standard 4K. Doubt his matters.

To repair this issue I did the following.

1. Took the SD card out and did a full format. Not a quick format. A full format. Wiped the card completely.

2. Inserted newly formatted SD card into the camera.

2. Put battery back in. Yes all 4 red lights were on the drone and yes the battery still showed two center lights on still.... until I did step 3

3.  Did the same firmware update again with new SD card inserted.

After it was complete the battery lit up all 4 lights. I turned off. Restarted and all was well.
Whew! These things are scary at times. But a little patience is needed with any DJI product.
2018-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules