RC power button stuck in down position when pressed, caused RTH
2240 8 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevehartman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246811 ft
United States

first day with the p4 and i noticed that the power button would get stuck i press it just right, usually if I press on the edge of the RC power button it gets stuck pressed... i have to then press the other edge a few times to have it pop back up into normal position.   I figured it would work itsefl out maybe the rubber under it was just new and needed to soften up.

During my first flight, somehow my left thumb pressed the edge of the power button, while holding the control and it got stuck! So i pressed it again to unstuck it, and what do you know- the RC shut off....!!  The RC registered a long then short press, and shut off, but then then app crashed on my iphone5s.   It all happened so fast, the P4 did a return to home, so once i realized the RTH was clear and safe, i just let it finish before i tried restarting the app and trying to connect to it again.   It all happend so fast, very scary feeling when you see the p4 rise up to do the RTH, i always think its going to just fly straight up and never come back. i am glad RTH worked.

I got an RMA and sent it in, but they said upto 3 weeks to get it back.   So now I can't fly for 3 weeks, and they said "no" to an advanced RMA, that sucks.

Anyone else have this hardware issue with the power button on the p4 RC?

2016-3-23
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

i have an issue with my power button.  mine doesn't stick, but requires a bit of force to make it engage.  have to push it much harder than i ever did with my p3.     still works but i need to push it 3 times to get it to turn on,  once to realize i have to push it much harder then the normal 2 to get it to go  

good luck with your remote,   hope it comes back soon
2016-3-23
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

quickpoint Posted at 2016-3-24 06:42
i have an issue with my power button.  mine doesn't stick, but requires a bit of force to make it en ...

The same for me.
2016-3-23
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

its not necessarily a bad thing having to push harder.  i highly doubt  i stand any chance of turning the remote off by mistake.   
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

quickpoint Posted at 2016-3-24 15:01
its not necessarily a bad thing having to push harder.  i highly doubt  i stand any chance of turn ...

It coulf be a little tight cause it's new. I'm pretty sure it won't be that hard to press after 2-3 weeks of usage
2016-3-24
Use props
flying-w-james
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246811 ft
United States

when you say hard to press, that could mean two things?

1. it wont pop down until you press very hard (this should be a good thing)
2. it pops down physically, but doesn't electronically register as a press, so you have to press it again. now you have to do a tap dance to get it to turn on.

2016-3-24
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-24 05:01
It coulf be a little tight cause it's new. I'm pretty sure it won't be that hard to press after 2- ...

will be getting in alot of flight time over next week in Hilton Head Island, SC.   will see if it gets easier to push.    I'm kinda hoping it doesn't.  its smooth pushing just hard,  i kind of like it because no chance of accidentally turning it off.
2016-3-24
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

flying-w-james Posted at 2016-3-24 09:30
when you say hard to press, that could mean two things?

1. it wont pop down until you press very ha ...

it moves freely,  but when it hits bottom where my p3 remote turns on at i have to push a little extra to get it to make contact.   nothing excessive by any means and not enough for me to remotely be concerned with.     just noticeably different from my p3 standard(I had for 2 days, realized how insanely amazing it was , so i upgraded) and my P3 Pro.     both the P3's were both the same with light pressure and when you bottomed the switch to power up it activated.  

Was concerned at first with the pressure the P4 remote needed but i love it now.   

Is anyone elses P4 power button require more pressure than P3's?  or does it just feel the same?
2016-3-24
Use props
will.sherman
New
Flight distance : 44121 ft
United States

Hey there! just stumbled upon this when doing a google search....my power button is stuck in the down position on my remote controller of my phantom 4. The white lights are blinking continuously and I dont know how to fix it. I have lightly pressed and tapped on the button and moved it from side to side to try to free it but nothing works.....I have heard horror stories of the service DJI has....I am hoping I dont become one of those stories. I use this thing almost daily and need to be up and running fairly quickly....anyone got any suggestions??

2016-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules