How to direct the antenna to the Drone, even without vision
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Israel

Sometimes we are flying without vision of the Drone, how to know if we are pointing the RC antenna directly to the Drone? Can we got this information by telemetry?

2016-4-6
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The map/radar should cover this as it shows the craft position & orientation relative to the pilot at all times.
2016-4-6
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may not always be able to "see" your drone, but you should ALWAYS know where it is in relation to where you are....
2016-4-6
Use props
gmezg
lvl.3

United States

Agreed. All the info on the screen is useless if you can't read it and even more so if you don't keep up with where your quad is at all times. That being said, Helidan is right. The arrow on the GPS Map is the front of the bird.
2016-4-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Also, make sure the long side of the antennas are pointing at the aircraft, not the tip.  This can change depending on whether the aircraft is flying overhead or off to the side.

2016-4-6
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-4-7 02:44
Also, make sure the long side of the antennas are pointing at the aircraft, not the tip.  This can c ...

Good post. I did not realize this the first time out so I kept getting weak signal when hovering above me during landing. Second flight out I was ready!
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

endotherm Posted at 2016-4-7 02:44
Also, make sure the long side of the antennas are pointing at the aircraft, not the tip.  This can c ...

Good post. It could be also referred in the user manual: 天线位置.JPG
2016-4-6
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Israel

Unfortunately I use a tablet Samsung S10 and it´s not compatible with DJI GO, them the radar does not work properly, I already calibrated the compass, but it did not work
There is here a topic talking about it, and everyone has the same problem
2016-4-7
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you are losing FPV, try using windsurfers to increase penetration and signal reliability. These are parabolic reflectors that can double your distance by focusing the signal.

2016-4-7
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Israel

Dears, I´m not losing the signal and I´m using the antenna correctly (learned after seeing some post)
But I have a Sansung Tablet and the radar doesn´t work properly with this tablet, I have already calibrate the tablet, but nothing work,  Then when I´m flying and I can´t see the Bird, I do not know where to point the antenna, since the radar does not work properly
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules