Camera not Centered Brand new Phantom Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tangytang86
lvl.1

United States

My brand new Phantom cameras off center its sligtly pointed to left, i dont think this is normal? It just bugs me because the left arm keeps poping intoframe when i go full forward. My Phantom Standard i had before the camera was straight forward/center and the arms didnt show when going full forward. I Know the Arms show somtimes when you do quick turns and stops but my left arm shows in frame most of the time. Did all the calibrations IMU/Gimble a fewtimes with same results. Is there a "TRIM" setting for the horsontal pan for the gimble?  
IMG_20160410_124708.jpg
2016-4-10
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

If you look around this forum, you'll find it to be a pretty common occurrence. Is it right?  No!  But there are a lot of them out there, including mine.  First, do a proper IMU and gimbal calibration.  If you can, do the IMU calibration when the temperature is cold.  It won't effect this problem, but will speed up the warmup time when you start the drone.  Be sure the gimbal calibration is done on a perfectly level surface.  Use a level to be sure.    After that, see if the problem still exists.  I'm guessing it will be, but hopefully not.  If it is still off center, look at the azimuth arm and see if the set screw (allen head) is tightened properly on the flat surface of the shaft.  If it is still off when the screw is confirmed tightened on the flat side, you might try what I did and loosen the screw and rotate the camera on the shaft, slightly to counter the error.  If you can get the screw to hold in the right position, you're good.  You might even check the set screw first.  More than one has been newly acquired and loose.  -----------  Or, you can just send it to DJI and see if they can make it right.  I'm not willing to part with mine that long, so it is the way it is-not quite right, but working.
2016-4-10
Use props
tangytang86
lvl.1

United States

Yea i have tried the cold imu calibration yesterday with the same results.  I purchased it last week from amazon so everything is nice and tight. I check the Allen screw on the yaw part of the arm and  its on tight.  im gonna keep tinkering before i call DJI.
2016-4-10
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

tangytang86@gma Posted at 2016-4-10 17:20
Yea i have tried the cold imu calibration yesterday with the same results.  I purchased it last week ...

Tangy,

If you did all that Gary said, get a replacement. I live in the boonies and with Amazon Prime it's super easy. UPS will come pick it up at your door. You'll probably have the replacement before they even pick it up.

Jerry
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

If you have calibrated the IMU and gimbal for several times and the calibrations doesn't help, I'd suggest you to contact our NA office as below:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-10
Use props
I just opened my brand new Phantom 4 and I have the same issue. The camera is not centered. It points to the right about 20 or 30 degrees.
2016-5-20
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

I have the exact same issue as the OP with my new P3P. Pointing to the left. Have done the usual calibrations. There's far more horizontal range in the gimbal than is ever used due to the legs. I'm surprised there isn't a manual adjustment for this in the settings.
2016-5-20
Use props
fans41b74357
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261526 ft
United States

Has anybody figured out a fix for this? Mine is the same.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans8dca2e0a
New
Flight distance : 48898 ft
United States

My phantom 4 pro+ is brand new just got if from DJI 3 weeks ago and it has the exact same problem. You would think a company this large leading in arial drones there would be better quality inspections before products were put into inventory. I spoke with support and they were very unhelpful to my surprise. They would not accept any accountability. They could use a lesson from Apple in the customer service department. So frustrated!
IMG_0764.JPG
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules