P3P RC suddenly won't turn on unless plugged in.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ugleeee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213212 ft
United States

So I went to take the drone out for a flight today and I tapped the battery indicator (on/off button) on the RC and nothing happens.  No lights, nothing.  I then try to turn it on tap and hold and still nothing happens.  Not even a flicker of an LED.  I assume maybe the battery drained somehow so I plug it in and 1 LED flashed briefly, then all 4, then the lights go off.  Now when I tap the on/off I see all 4 lights come on briefly indicating that it is fully charged.  I then try to turn it on, and it turns on just fine.  I connect my cell phone and start the Litchi app and it shows me that there is 100% battery life.  While it is still on, I unplug the power cord and the RC immediately shuts down.

Anyone have any clue?  I have a job this week and I don't want to have to send it in if I don't have to.  I've tried everything.  The plug is in all the way, I've tried updating the firmware (that worked but didn't help), I tried letting it sit plugged in just in case it wasn't really charged and the app/indicator lights were wrong.  That didn't work either.  It just won't turn on unless it's plugged in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as I haven't found anyone else with this issue so I have no leads.

Thanks in advance.
2016-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Leave it charging for a couple of hours then try again,  could be a dud battery. Just make sure the charging plug is firmly pushed into RC as it is a tight fit.
2016-4-24
Use props
ugleeee
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-25 01:45
Leave it charging for a couple of hours then try again,  could be a dud battery. Just make sure the  ...

I'll try that, and yeah, it's definitely in all the way.  I've had it for several months now..  It's been working fine and charging fine for months though, so unless the battery went dud suddenly, it should be fine.  It's a strange problem.  And also, I think the battery is fully charged (as indicated by the app showing 100% for the RC battery power and the LEDs while it's plugged in), so I'm not sure what charging it more might help but I'll try anyway.
2016-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well the battery pack connects to the main board inside the unit using a 4 (or is it 2 pin ?) pin power connector. If it were out of warranty it would take 5 minutes with a screwdriver to check. Might be worth a look if all else fails
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello ugleeee, it is not normal when the rc could be only powered on with charger. It is recommended to contact our NA office for the RMA:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-25
Use props
ugleeee
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 06:41
Hello ugleeee, it is not normal when the rc could be only powered on with charger. It is recommended ...

Thanks, yeah they are processing an RMA and I should get that soon.  Hopefully it won't be gone long.  I wish it were something easier or an issue I have seen anyone else having but nope.  Oh well.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

ugleeee@gmail.c Posted at 2016-4-26 02:37
Thanks, yeah they are processing an RMA and I should get that soon.  Hopefully it won't be gone lo ...

Thanks for your understanding and we will do our best to solve it.
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules