2206 22 2016-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Hi!

I wonder if one for the two batteries I got is possibly problematic?

Now, I do not know what to look for in the DJI GO app, so I am attaching some snaps from Healthy Drone. It is Battery 2 that I am concerned about.

Thoughts?

My original post on the forume is also here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=50445&fromuid=277621, and I have attached additional images to the current most here as well.

My window for return to Amazon is nearing the end, so I would appreciate a quick analysis, or if it turns out that my dealings should continue with DJI, I'd appreciate a quick info on the process and potential cost as well!

Thx!

GT

Problem battery deviations

Problem battery deviations

Problem battery details

Problem battery details

Good battery deviations

Good battery deviations

Good battery detail

Good battery detail
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have a battery history report in the advanced page of the aircraft battery.
If there is any issue, it would be in the logs there.
Healthy Drones is a 3rd party app and not used by DJI.Plus, the app will warn you of any cell deviations.

2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-27 11:35
You have a battery history report in the advanced page of the aircraft battery.
If there is any issu ...

Can I look at it only while I am connected to the drone, with that battery present, or can I look it up right now, with just my phone handy? And yes, I realize HelthyDrones is a 3rd party, but it does provide a quick look into things, that is not as straight forward with DJI, for us, mere mortals ;)))
So if you could tell me exactly where to look I will certainly look into it. If I need to replace I want to do it ASAP.. no sense in risking my aircraft in the air....
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-28 02:57
Can I look at it only while I am connected to the drone, with that battery present, or can I look  ...

You do not need to be connected to see the battery log. BUT, I do want to see a screen shot of the battery page with everything powered up. I don't think there is anything wrong with the battery and I want to see the battery page to verify.
To see the log, power the app and go to the general settings or tap the battery icon. The go to advanced settings, then history.
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-27 13:29
You do not need to be connected to see the battery log. BUT, I do want to see a screen shot of the ...

I'll get me some snapshots later today. I will be flying after work, so i'll probably get some on the used battery, and then another set fresh after charging.
Thx!
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-28 05:14
I'll get me some snapshots later today. I will be flying after work, so i'll probably get some on  ...

No problem, it's good to be overly cautious.
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-27 15:20
No problem, it's good to be overly cautious.

Yes, the most expensive piece of RC equipment I ever had was about $300.... So this thing does make me a bit.. well.. paranoid ;) I am working on that fear though ;)
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-28 06:01
Yes, the most expensive piece of RC equipment I ever had was about $300.... So this thing does mak ...

Read the manual cover to cover and also watch the tutorial videos and play with the flight simulator.
All are in the Academy section of the app. From the home page, tap the graduation hat icon.
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-27 16:11
Read the manual cover to cover and also watch the tutorial videos and play with the flight simulat ...

Oh, I've done a lot of that even before the 1st flight outside. The functionality on this aircraft is quite advanced and feature rich! It should not be flown without good understanding, and some thought about emergencies!  And I do like the tutorials, watched many, but certainly not all yet...
BTW the forums here are by far not useless either, and I would say they actually gave me more than the ones on rcgroups.com, which I did not expect.
Can you think of a specific tutorial that covers either flying in somewhat of a confined area, or filming something like a tree, where you really need to be aware of proximity, altitude and so on? If there's a specific you would suggest, I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'll snoop around later tonight, assuming the kids will not hijack my free time, again ;)

GT
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-28 06:16
Oh, I've done a lot of that even before the 1st flight outside. The functionality on this aircraft ...

Just search the internet for filming techniques and close proximity flying.
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-27 19:54
Just search the internet for filming techniques and close proximity flying.

See? It's the keywords in my searches that suck! Thank you! Close proximity flying ;) will do!
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-28 10:27
See? It's the keywords in my searches that suck! Thank you! Close proximity flying ;) will do!

Also, search the internet as well.
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Looks like the topics got a bit messed up ;) Anyhow, I checked the battery, and I agree that it looks fine in DJI app (attached). But then again, I just got an email from the Amazon seller, and he is willing to replace it.. So I see no reason not to...
I am still puzzled, but whatever.. I have had bad experiences with lipos before, so might as well be careful... In case I ever have any issues with the batteries from DJI, what sort of warranty do they carry?End no, I found no errors in the logs either.... In general everything looks clean! Wild!
GT

2016_04_27_19.22.11 (Medium).jpg
2016-4-27
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

BTW, when I go to advanced and history, that is history ONLY for that battery? And also, the "Time to discharge" - is that a global setting or per battery? When i played yesterday, it almost looked like it was per battery?

Thx!
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-28 14:28
Looks like the topics got a bit messed up ;) Anyhow, I checked the battery, and I agree that it look ...

If you look at your cell voltages they are near perfect. There is nothing wrong with the battery.
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-28 21:54
BTW, when I go to advanced and history, that is history ONLY for that battery? And also, the "Time t ...

Yes, the history data if for whatever battery you have in the aircraft.
And you have to set each battery for whatever time to discharge you like.
2016-4-28
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

ok, good to know. Yes, weird, why would healthydrones complain... they call it deviations, and they count them in "Deviations per minute". The deviation is set to .01 volt, that seems a bit low perhaps? Weird! The bottom line is that this one battery dopes have it happen a lot more often than others, but I agree with you, that's not a big deal.. if it was constantly showing one cell under or overcharged, then I'd worry.
Well, thx for playing, feel free to close this service ticket. I have learned things, and that is the point here ;)
For the sake of the forum, if you could get your hands on screen shots of a bad battery, including history, it'd be interesting to see what a real bad battery looks like, or perhaps a battery that's questionable, so we, as users, understand what to look out for?

2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-29 06:16
ok, good to know. Yes, weird, why would healthydrones complain... they call it deviations, and they  ...

From what I remember you have several tickets open. If you can respond to each of those emails and say you no longer need assistance that would be great.
2016-4-28
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

I will check. Part of the problem is that sometimes they all endup  as one chain.. I think I'll just find the web links and use web to  close...
Is there like a main page to lookup all tickets associated with me? That would be nice if you guys had that.
Anyhow, will do.
GT
2016-4-29
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

https://djitechnologyllc.freshde ... 0&wf_filter=all
This link shows me all of the tickets related to me, so you DO have that functionality. That's good.
GT
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-29 22:58
I will check. Part of the problem is that sometimes they all endup  as one chain.. I think I'll just ...

Yes, but my position here is to answer technical questions and not to close out tickets.
2016-4-29
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-29 09:06
Yes, but my position here is to answer technical questions and not to close out tickets.

Oh, I was not talking clearly ;) Sorry, I mean that I found that functionality.. Not sure why my brain said "you" it meant to say " a user"...  The point was that you or I, as a user, can easily see all of their tickets in one place, without screwing around with email!
Thx ;)
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-4-29 23:54
Oh, I was not talking clearly ;) Sorry, I mean that I found that functionality.. Not sure why my b ...

No problem.
2016-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules