Not connecting to dji go app
2388 14 2016-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kalel2825
New

Italy

Aircraft connected to RC is good but no camera view on my dji go app .using iPhone 6s I upgraded iOS 9.3.1 , before the upgrade it's working,,, any issues
2016-5-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Does your status bar say no signal or disconnected?
If disconnected that means the device is not communicating with the RC. Either different USB cable or possibly you need to restore your iPhone.
First try to log out of iTunes then log back in and see if you can connect. If not then you may have to restore your phone through iTunes by connecting up to the computer but syncing all your data first.
Also, try another device to see if you get connected.
2016-5-1
Use props
jj5
New

South Korea

I am having the same problem. My Iphone is not charging, but it was charging before I did firmware upgrade for AC not RC.

Your Iphone was being charged when USB connected?

Hope to find way out
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

jj5 Posted at 2016-5-8 23:44
I am having the same problem. My Iphone is not charging, but it was charging before I did firmware u ...

The RC  does not charge your device.
Can you explain exactly the issue you are having and you can can you also post some screenshots of what you were seeing.
2016-5-8
Use props
ramrivera79
New

Puerto Rico

Hi,

I'm having the same issue since I updated the new firmware. I was using my Ipad mini 2 without any issues and now I cant connect the camera. As jj5, when my Ipad was connected to the RC it always shows as it was charging. Now when the cable is plugged in, the charging icon is not showing and the screen shows "how to connect".  I can still turn on the the AC but no camera is available through the DJI App.

I changed the cable and also restore my Ipad mini but still not able to connect my Ipad with the RC. I dont have this problem when I connect my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge.

Any help regarding this issue will be very appreciated. I'ts better flying with the Ipad since it has a bigger screen.

Thanks!!
2016-5-8
Use props
stanfran97
lvl.1

I am having same problem. Replaced my iPhone 6s Plus . Can not get p4 or P3 to connect. Re installed djigo app. Tried 4 different cables.I get "how to connect" on main screen.i have connected and disconnected from iTunes. I can connect to my android device.
2016-5-8
Use props
ramrivera79
New

Puerto Rico

stanfran97@aol. Posted at 2016-5-8 18:07
I am having same problem. Replaced my iPhone 6s Plus . Can not get p4 or P3 to connect. Re installed ...

hi,

As I commented earlier, I was having the same issue and I was able to fix it by restoring my Ipad from Itunes and then reinstall the DJI App.

Hope this helps..
2016-5-8
Use props
peter16
New

I have the same problem. With Samsung S5, the connection between the app and the remote control can be made. App goes on mode Camera.
I bought an Ipad mini 4 (9.3.1). App installed. Tried connection between app and remote control make not. I also used different USB cable. App is not in the mode Camera.
Have then the iPad the computer is connected and performed a restore to factory settings when I Tunes. Then in the I Tunes DJI Go app on the I pad mini installed. Have the I pad going down. Then I tried to connect between the APP and the Fersteuerung. The app is not in the mode Camera !!! Stand last night.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

peter16 Posted at 2016-5-10 01:02
I have the same problem. With Samsung S5, the connection between the app and the remote control can ...

Peter, I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties. So you restored your iPad via connected to the computer and using iTunes ? What iPad do you have, you have to have at least and iPad Air or iPad Mini2

And on your Samsung, if you have updated to Marshmallow, after connected your RC to the phone via the USB cable and RC powered on, you have to swipe down and change the USB from charging to Software Installation.
2016-5-9
Use props
peter16
New

Hi Ken. I have a I Pad Mini 4 ( 9.3.1). With Samsung S5, the connection between the app and the remote control can be made. App goes on mode Camera.
I bought an Ipad mini 4 (9.3.1). App installed. Tried connection between app and remote control make not. I also used different USB cable. App is not in the mode Camera.
Have then the iPad the computer is connected and performed a restore to factory settings when I Tunes. Then in the I Tunes DJI Go app on the I pad mini installed. Have the I pad going down. Then I tried to connect between the APP and the Fersteuerung. The app is not in the mode Camera !!! Stand last night.
2016-5-9
Use props
peter16
New

Now i test the I pad 3 mini.....the same s.....!!!
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

peter16 Posted at 2016-5-10 13:22
Hi Ken. I have a I Pad Mini 4 ( 9.3.1). With Samsung S5, the connection between the app and the remo ...

Peter, there is a new app 2.8.1, download that and see if you are able to connect. If after restoring your iPad to new again and It's not connecting to the app I do not know.
So your Samsung now works fine now correct?
2016-5-10
Use props
dglass2
New
United States

Ken,

Thank you for offering suggestions.  I too am having the same issues.  My brand new DJI P4 arrived last night.  I have spent the better part of this day reading reviews, posts, and complaints about compatibility issues with Apple products.

A DJI Go app update was issued on or near May 9.  Customers who previously had no problems are now experiencing similar connectivity issues.  You don’t have to be a software engineer to make the connection that something is amiss with the latest app update.

I have tried all your suggestions in this thread.  My screen will not allow me pass the “How to Connect” page.   I am stuck.  And before you offer, I have restored my unit completely, running IOS 9.3.1, and made no progress.  I have tried both an iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6+.

My very large investment has been reduced to a fancy iPad holder.  If you do not know how to fix this, please bring it to the attention of someone that does.  Please help us.

I have yet to have my first flight.  Very disheartening.
Its now past 10pm east coast time.  I have spoken to the folks at Drone World who sold me the drone and they are equally perplexed with this failure.  I installed Mac Assistant to upgrade the firmware and my computer does not recognize the drone.  Yes I installed the driver.  Yes I rebooted to activate the driver.  Yes my batteries are charged.  DJI is humming away.  MAC Assit will boot, allows me to log in, but will not recognize that my drone is attached via the USB cable.

This is a nightmere.

2016-5-12
Use props
Paul86
lvl.2

France

Still unable to use my iPad Air 2 without getting not connected all works fine but no video feed. Done all updates still the same over a month has gone by and this pad is a paper weight. Works fine with Samsung s5 but too small to use. I only bought and use this pad with phantom having tried with three samsung pads last year and none would work. Now the pad is useless. You said you were working with Apple to fix it. It's a disgrace to still be waiting for this fix none of the updates work and your suggestions useless. Get your act together please, I am disabled and have to organize help to fly it so I am just sat here looking at my drone useless.
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Paul86 Posted at 2016-5-30 23:16
Still unable to use my iPad Air 2 without getting not connected all works fine but no video feed. Do ...

Just to clarify, have you updated your iPad Air 2 to 9.3.2? Ken also provided further visuals on the subject on the following thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52174-1-1.html

In addition, could you please confirm which aircraft you have and what firmware is currently on it?
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules