Battery Green LED NO3 blinks after charging
12280 17 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lucian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49334 ft
Romania

Hi, after a complete charge my green led 3 battery blinks two or three times. In the manual it says:
LED3 blinks twice per second: Over charge detected
LED3 blinks three times per second: Over-voltage charger detected

What should i do?
2016-5-8
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

You could try cycling the battery. Drain it until it turns itself off then fully recharge it. Not sure if this will work but maybe worth a try.

Regards
Mark G.
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

did you preform the discharge, is the battery working correctly now?
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stock or aftermarket charger?
2016-5-10
Use props
lucian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49334 ft
Romania

I use the original charger.
I have 2 batteries, and only one acts like this, so i supose the charger is ok.
I used the batteries corectly, and they have somthing like 70 charge discharge cycles. Are they old? What is their lifespan?

I had one event right before this error starts happening. I used the inspire on hight altitude and in strong wind. I had an error on screen, somthing like the propelers speed is limited to protect the battery. I supose the wind was wery strong and the Inspire had to fight back, and this stressed the battery. This is the only explanation i have. But is this normal?

I used the inspire two times since then and it has no problem, but the error is still there when i recharge the batteries. What should i do? Should i buy a new battery?
2016-5-14
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hey I have the same problem and I believe a cell is unbalanced. My assumption is that the cell will eventually give out so I don't use the battery for flight.... I take it to charge the radio on long shoot days. Ive tried to discharge and charge but there is one cell clearly not even. It's the beginning of the end for the battery --- unfortunately its time to replace. I think batteries over 70 cylces are old and prone to 'surprises'. I fly in dense population areas so I have to be extra careful.  Im no expert so take my input with a grain of salt. Cheers from Argentina!
2016-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

FlyingSquirrel Posted at 2016-6-15 20:08
Hey I have the same problem and I believe a cell is unbalanced. My assumption is that the cell will  ...

Have you tried fully discharging the battery and recharging it in order to refresh the cells? Do you notice any reports of the battery experiencing broken cells via the DJI Go app? Do you notice any swelling or if the side of the LiPo is malleable? If you could post a screenshot of your battery info page from the Go app with it's history, that would be appreciated.
2016-6-17
Use props
caranod
lvl.1

United States

So I have a similar issue.  led 3 blinks 3 times on charger.  Indicating bad charger....  charger has been used 10 times, and 2 batteries each charged 4-6 times.  I tried discharging, waiting, etc as described, nothing worked.  Today 3 days after issue started, one of the batteries appears to be charging properly. waiting for it to finish before I try the next one.  Seems odd they would fail this quickly.
Does anyone know what changes were made in the new battery?  I see 2 different model numbers of batteries for sale on multiple sites, just wondering if this was one issue that got addressed.
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

caranod Posted at 2016-8-9 22:39
So I have a similar issue.  led 3 blinks 3 times on charger.  Indicating bad charger....  charger ha ...

To clarify, have you tried a different charger as well?
2016-8-9
Use props
caranod
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-9 18:47
To clarify, have you tried a different charger as well?

I purchased a new charger, but original one started working normally again.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

caranod Posted at 2016-8-11 02:15
I purchased a new charger, but original one started working normally again.

How long have you had this unit? How long ago was the last time it was used?
2016-8-10
Use props
ben_r_
New
Flight distance : 55036 ft
United States

Sorry to bump an "old" thread, but I just charged one of my Phantom 3 batteries only to get the twice blinking 3rd LED indicated an "Over charge detected" error. Probably used that battery twice. Ive maybe flown my Phantom 3 Advanced a total of a dozen times. Have four batteries and none of them have been charged more than maybe a half dozen times.

Did the health/life check on the battery and it shows its still 100% life. DJI Go app says it has a bad cell and one of the four cells shows a lower voltage (4.02v vs the others at around 4.28v, something like that). Firmware is up to date on the drone, gimbal, controller and battery. Doesnt make any sense that a battery this new would have any issues.

Im going to try discharging it and then recharging it and see if that fixes it. Otherwise Im going to see what I can do to get DJI to replace it. These things cost way too much and this one is way too new to die on me already.
2017-5-26
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

I have similar experience with tb48 the no of charges on the battery is about 30 times. What you need to do is:1 check the voltage of each cells on the dji go app. You will have this issue when 1 of 6 cells is out of balance. 1 is probably way too low by 0.2 volt. In that case the app will also pronounce it a bad cell and tell you to replace the battery. If you only discharge and recharge the battery, it will not help. You should claim your warranty if it is still within 6 months. It does not worth while to mess with it. However, if it is out of warranty and in such case no replacement will be offered by dji, you would have to manually charge up the one cell that is out of balance. It works for me, I have saved myself A$300.
2017-5-26
Use props
ben_r_
New
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-5-26 20:35
I have similar experience with tb48 the no of charges on the battery is about 30 times. What you need to do is:1 check the voltage of each cells on the dji go app. You will have this issue when 1 of 6 cells is out of balance. 1 is probably way too low by 0.2 volt. In that case the app will also pronounce it a bad cell and tell you to replace the battery. If you only discharge and recharge the battery, it will not help. You should claim your warranty if it is still within 6 months. It does not worth while to mess with it. However, if it is out of warranty and in such case no replacement will be offered by dji, you would have to manually charge up the one cell that is out of balance. It works for me, I have saved myself A$300.

How does one go about recharging just one cell? The Phantom 3 batteries have 4 cells in them.
2017-5-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

There are youtube  video showing how this is done. Do your own research. However, please do it with caution and at your own risk. You will still be better to see if you are entitled to warranty claim to start with. I am setting up a log on my DJI batteries now. Before warranty expires, I shall decided whether I should claim warranty on the batteries.
2017-5-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

ben_r_ Posted at 2017-5-29 15:11
How does one go about recharging just one cell? The Phantom 3 batteries have 4 cells in them.

Take a look at this link, some great info here . If you do not have another charger, it is possible to drain the cells with more charge rather than charge the others. I hope this helps you out.
Mark G.
2017-5-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Untargeted discharge will not help. It has been advised a lot times to discharge/re cycle the battery that brings no difference at all. Only if you can target the cells that are of higher voltage. So at the end, it will be easier to charge the one that is lower than discharge the other 2 or 3 that are higher.
2017-5-30
Use props
ben_r_
New
United States

Cool, thanks for the info guys. Ill look into it.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules