Phantom 3 Professional: Black screen on camera view in phone
23465 32 2016-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vicuani
New

Ukraine

Hello.

After not using my DJI Phantom 3 Professional during winter I have updated firmware to latest (v. 1.8.80) on both devices - RC, aircraft. DJI Pilot version for Android is also the latest - 2.8.1.

And now entering to camera view I see only black screen. But camera is recording the pictures and video - problem is only that I don't see it on my phone.

How I tried to solve:
- rebooting RC and aircraft;
- reinstalling Android app;
- rebind RC and aircraft.

And still no result.

2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try this:
Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.
2016-6-5
Use props
3mpty
lvl.2

Netherlands

Same issue here on IOS. Latest firmware and no video feed.
2016-6-5
Use props
Vic UA
New

Ukraine

Hi, Tim!

Unfortunately your solution didn't help although I tried it many times.

But I made an investigation. Although camera view on phone remains black all the time, but during making photo/video cache is saved on phone. While images are not so bad, but video cache has a lot of noise.
Also even looking at black screen on phone, histogram shows that picture is changing.

You can look at attached screenshots.
AircraftScreen.jpg
PhoneScreen.jpg
Screenshot_20160606-191937.png
Screenshot_20160606-191943.png
Screenshot_20160606-191949.png
Screenshot_20160606-192027.png
Screenshot_20160606-192043.png
Screenshot_20160606-192058.png
Screenshot_20160606-192115.png
Screenshot_20160606-192530.png
Screenshot_20160606-192551.png
2016-6-6
Use props
Vic UA
New

Ukraine

So, should I downgrade firmware or may be put here some logs?
P.S. If it's not obvious, I'm a topic starter (for some reason after changing nickname in settings old posts are remaining with the old nickname. Think, it's a bug).
2016-6-8
Use props
t3jg
New

Germany

Same problem here:
After updating to the newest version (Android App 2.8.2 / Aircraft 1.9.60 / RC 1.6.0) I have no loger live View on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (here I updated from the old Version of the app) although the histogram shows change and seems to work.
When I use my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone live-view works just fine (first installation of the current app Version)
It seems to be a software update Problem.

I tried to reinstall the app on the Galaxy Tab by 1. uninstall app  2. delete app folder  3. restart Galaxy Tab  4. install newest Version of the app
But this didn`t help.

When I record a Video or take a picture I have only a black screen when playing back the preview via app. However the footage from the SD-Card of the Aircraft look fine.

Is there any solution to get live-view to work again?
Pressing the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) and rebboot the controller as described by DJI-Tim had no effect.
2016-7-22
Use props
t3jg
New

Germany

Ok, so after a litlle bit of trial and error I found a solution that works for me:

It seems to be a problem with the android OS version on my phone/tablet.

While my Galxaxy S4 (Android 5.0.1) has no problems, the Galaxy Tab 3 (latest official Android Version is 4.4.2) wouldn't show a live-stream.

After installing different older versions of the dji go app the latest working Version for me is 2.6.1but only after Pressing the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) and rebooting the controller as described by DJI-Tim. So, thank you DJI-Tim!

2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

t3jg Posted at 2016-7-23 00:47
Ok, so after a litlle bit of trial and error I found a solution that works for me:

It seems to be a ...

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear you got yourself up and running.
2016-7-22
Use props
SergioSmvc
New

Portugal

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-23 05:26
Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear you got yourself up and running.

I have the same problem but mine is a Phantom 4 and that app version doesn't support it.

Are there any solution?
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SergioSmvc Posted at 2016-12-14 19:48
I have the same problem but mine is a Phantom 4 and that app version doesn't support it.

Are there any solution?

Just to clarify, you're using the original P4, correct? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you're able to connect to the Go app but getting a black screen, or it does not connect to the drone at all? Which Go app version do you have and what mobile device are you using?
2016-12-14
Use props
SergioSmvc
New

Portugal

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 19:04
Just to clarify, you're using the original P4, correct? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you're able to connect to the Go app but getting a black screen, or it does not connect to the drone at all? Which Go app version do you have and what mobile device are you using?

Its the Phantom 4 Original.

The Dji Go gets connected, i get all the info but no camera view.

I tried Litchi with the same result.

That is appening only on my tablet Samsung Tab 3

My Phone Samsung A5 is working properly...
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SergioSmvc Posted at 2016-12-15 03:23
Its the Phantom 4 Original.

The Dji Go gets connected, i get all the info but no camera view.

Based on the specs I see online for this one, it may not be fast enough to completely run the Go app. The minimum requirement is at least 2GB of RAM, where the Tab 3 only has 1GB. The A5 has 2GB of RAM, so that's why it's working fine. I'm not sure if Lichi has the same requirement, though.
2016-12-14
Use props
SergioSmvc
New

Portugal

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 23:07
Based on the specs I see online for this one, it may not be fast enough to completely run the Go app. The minimum requirement is at least 2GB of RAM, where the Tab 3 only has 1GB. The A5 has 2GB of RAM, so that's why it's working fine. I'm not sure if Lichi has the same requirement, though.

OK thanks.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

You're welcome.
2016-12-15
Use props
Hung Pham
New

Vietnam

I had the same issue before. The screen of my tablet is going to be black when connecting to remote of Phantom 3 Pro. I found out that the tablet is not powerful enough to run the current version of DJI Go App version 3.1.4. So I downgrade the version to 2.0.0. The video transmission works well again.  Hope it is helpful for you.
2017-3-23
Use props
Hung Pham
New

Vietnam

I had the same issue before. The screen of my tablet is going to be black when connecting to remote of Phantom 3 Pro. I found out that the tablet is not powerful enough to run the current version of DJI Go App version 3.1.4. So I downgrade the version to 2.0.0. The video transmission works well again.  Hope it is helpful for you.
2017-3-23
Use props
fans9e37eec0
New

United States

Same problem so I cleared apps off my phone and then I got my video feed back, thus no space on device no video
2017-6-3
Use props
Prinzfree
New

Ghana

Pls I have a problem on my dji phantom 3 pro and is giving me black screen and I see the dji logo on the screen any help
2017-9-10
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Prinzfree Posted at 2017-9-10 00:01
Pls I have a problem on my dji phantom 3 pro and is giving me black screen and I see the dji logo on the screen any help

What phone/tablet are you using?  Are yoon the latest firmware and App?  When was the last time that it worked and what changed since then?
2017-9-10
Use props
jchsl
New
South Africa

i have an Phantom 3 Pro and after the latest firmware my display screen shows black it shows the GPS and everything around it , but not what the camera is seeing.
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jchsl Posted at 1-10 05:35
i have an Phantom 3 Pro and after the latest firmware my display screen shows black it shows the GPS and everything around it , but not what the camera is seeing.

Hi jchsl, may I know what's the current firmware and is there any error message in App? Please kindly upload a screenshot for better assistance, we'd like to check, thank you!
2019-1-11
Use props
Oldone
lvl.1

United States

Have a PPro 3 saw it work with Android but when I put my Ipad Mini on it has a blck screen also.  Mini 5
2019-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oldone Posted at 7-31 10:07
Have a PPro 3 saw it work with Android but when I put my Ipad Mini on it has a blck screen also.  Mini 5

Hi Oldone, is there any error message when connected the remote controller with iPad Mini 5? If you re-plug or change to another working cable to verify.
2019-8-1
Use props
Oldone
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-1 00:39
Hi Oldone, is there any error message when connected the remote controller with iPad Mini 5? If you re-plug or change to another working cable to verify.

No error message,  I will have to get another cable.  Has GPS map showing.

2019-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oldone Posted at 8-1 14:18
No error message,  I will have to get another cable.  Has GPS map showing.

That's OK. Please keep us updated on the latest progress.
2019-8-2
Use props
Oldone
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-2 01:25
That's OK. Please keep us updated on the latest progress.

Put new Apple cable on machine with same problem.  Changed to my android phone and same problem.  Went to reload DJI go and read review after review that this was the case with this software.  Do I have a very expensive brick?  Was told DJI was the best.  Help me out please.
2019-8-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oldone Posted at 8-2 18:27
Put new Apple cable on machine with same problem.  Changed to my android phone and same problem.  Went to reload DJI go and read review after review that this was the case with this software.  Do I have a very expensive brick?  Was told DJI was the best.  Help me out please.

May I have a short video of your operation for better assistance? We'd like to check the exact status.
2019-8-4
Use props
Oldone
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-4 01:03
May I have a short video of your operation for better assistance? We'd like to check the exact status.

Short Video?  I am a 70 year old farmer and need this to find calves.  Have never made a video and now I am getting bad battery on top of black screen.  Half the time battery read good then bad.
2019-8-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Oldone Posted at 8-8 20:30
Short Video?  I am a 70 year old farmer and need this to find calves.  Have never made a video and now I am getting bad battery on top of black screen.  Half the time battery read good then bad.

As you mentioned, the P3P work with Android, but not work with iPad Mini 5 before, then the drone does not work with Android or iOS, that's the reason why we need a short operation video for better assistance. As for the bad battery, may we have the screenshot of the error message? You may check whether your family or friends can help, thanks!
2019-8-8
Use props
djiuser_PNWAuyJ7N5hw
New

Pakistan

Hi every1
I have phantom 3 pro, it was working fine but after a minor crash now whenever I want to take picture or record video it show just black screen with DJI logo and then again normal preview. But there is no recording on sd card.
2020-4-22
Use props
djiuser_PNWAuyJ7N5hw
New

Pakistan

Hi every1
I have phantom 3 pro, it was working fine but after a minor crash now whenever I want to take picture or record video it show just black screen with DJI logo and then again normal preview. But there is no recording on sd card.
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_PNWAuyJ7N5hw Posted at 4-22 10:03
Hi every1
I have phantom 3 pro, it was working fine but after a minor crash now whenever I want to take picture or record video it show just black screen with DJI logo and then again normal preview. But there is no recording on sd card.

Sorry for the crash accident, does this SD card work before? Is there any error message or will the SD card be recognized? Please format it or test with other devices to see whether it works.
You may also try with another one, if it still cannot store the footage, we recommend to send in the drone for diagnosis since it was crashed after all, the performance cannot be ensured.
2020-4-22
Use props
Diluk Photo
New

Sri Lanka

Hey! Please help me...  How to find downgrade dji phantom 3 professional firmware. There is only showing latest firmware. How to find it? Where is it? Help me... I need upgrade firmware in my drone. Still I can't find it.
2021-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules