Updating
980 8 2015-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukeklaas123.em
lvl.1

United States

i bought dji vision!!!!! I'm scared to update it to the newest version,It seems like new updates cause issues. Should I just fly it out of the box or???....
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

A few weeks ago, the 3.8 update messed things up. but now they went back to 3.06 update and everything works now.
2015-1-22
Use props
stans.email
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-23 11:53
A few weeks ago, the 3.8 update messed things up. but now they went back to 3.06 update and everythi ...

Gerry, I have a new Phantom 2 Vision that I updated to ver 3.08....it's an old model but I have not flown it yet.  Are you suggesting that I overwrite to upgrade back to ver. 3.06?

Or is 3.08 working fine in older models (non-plus)? Anyone else have an older Phantom 2 Vision flying OK with ver. 3.08?

Thanks,
Rick
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

stans.email Posted at 2015-1-23 12:09
Gerry, I have a new Phantom 2 Vision that I updated to ver 3.08....it's an old model but I have no ...

I have 2 vision +'s. I think that is the ones that 3.08 was messing them up.  Haven't heard much on the older models.  3.08 essentially messed up the batteries.
2015-1-22
Use props
lukeklaas123.em
lvl.1

United States

So keep it at 3.6?
2015-1-22
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

lukelass123, let me chime in here!   Welcome to the club. I got a Vision 2+ (Ver1) a couple of months ago and asked pretty much the same question: What do I gain from upgrading firmware and calibrating it when it flies like a dream? I got a mixed assortment of replies and it kinda boiled down to this. There's the old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". That said, I think there is some more functionality in newer versions of firmware and/or SW, so check to be sure you get all the functionality that you want (that is available), and upgrade to do so if needed. You might not care about enhancements they have made, however.
The bottom line is: How well does it fly, and does it behave the way it is supposed to?
A good test to see if everything is calibrated properly (should you not care so much about the SW enhancements) is to hover your Phantom about 15-20' above you (or close enough that you can see it real well), and while hovering, use the left stick to produce yaw in either direction and see if it spins w/o drifting out of position. If it spins on a dime, I'd leave it as is. If it starts to drift when it starts to spin, I would definitely calibrate it.
I am not trying to talk you out of upgrading firmware/SW, but be sure you're doing it for the right reason.
Mine drifted a little bit out of the box, so I upgraded and calibrated it, and it still drifts a little.   I saw a fix for it, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
I'd say if it works fine and you have all the functionality you want, just fly it out of the box, but practice, practice, practice! That's just my thought on the subject.

Barney
2015-1-22
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

They retracted 3.08, it's not available now.  Barney is right, read and understand what the  upgrades will accomplish, if it's not something you want now, just do the calibrations and not the upgrades.
2015-1-22
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-23 12:49
They retracted 3.08, it's not available now.  Barney is right, read and understand what the  upgra ...

Oops thats a worry for us 3.08 operators.

Do we ground our birds until a new update??????
2015-1-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-23 18:45
Oops thats a worry for us 3.08 operators.

Do we ground our birds until a new update??????

Check what updates you have when you connect to the computer.
2015-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules