Prop Gaurds
1384 9 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

just put the prop guards on my Phantom 2 and mad everything messed up.
seams to not be able to fly level, tilts to the back, and moves all over the place.
Do i need to reset or re-calibrate something?  flow great before i put them on.

2015-1-24
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

There is no need to callibrate anything after attaching prop guard. It's the first time I'm hearing this kind of behaviour. If you detach them again does your phantom fly normally?
2015-1-24
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

markus2015 Posted at 2015-1-25 05:01
There is no need to callibrate anything after attaching prop guard. It's the first time I'm hearing  ...

in the process of taking them off now, it was so unstable it couldn't stand still, and had GPS on as well.
2015-1-24
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi, Have you tried taking the props off again? (and remembering to use the shorter screws , because the long ones will cause motor damage.)
I have prop guards and my bird has had no problems. (In fact it flies so text book that it is scary!)  I would suggest going through the recalibration of your RC and IMU (but not advanced- that seems to cause more trouble than it solves unless you are very experienced- there is a long technical thread on this site- well worth a read).

I would add that when taking off, I have to give full throttle for lift off , otherwise it will tip back. Then I let it hover at a couple of metres to stabilize itself-(and me!.) It should sit there as if on a pole, so if you have it wandering, it sounds like it could be  the RC.  Let us know how you get on and what you have tried to fix it.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-24
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

I have read before someone who put prop guards on and did not tighten correctly and causing one of the motors to be slightly off.
2015-1-24
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

Still having the same problem.
took the guards off and Phantom is all over the please.
Reset controller, calibrated compass but it just won't stay in place.
If I hover about 4' off the ground it will move around 10' to 12' of space , use to sit steady, small movements side to side.
It show's GPS lock is on.

At a lose on what to do?
I'll check to see if any of the motor have shifted and try again.

2015-1-26
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

took awhile but I have figured it out.
IMU was out, not sure how but did a Advanced Calibration and fly's like a dream again!
Next test I'll put the Guards back on.
Thanks for all the help.

2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

stac57 Posted at 2015-1-26 22:17
took awhile but I have figured it out.
IMU was out, not sure how but did a Advanced Calibration and  ...

Recalibrate the IMU after you put the prop guards back on before you fly.
2015-1-26
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 00:12
Recalibrate the IMU after you put the prop guards back on before you fly.

Gerry, when the IMU is callibrated, the phantom has no clue if prop guard are attached ot not, this would not make any difference. I don't see any connection with the prop guards and the IMU.
2015-1-26
Use props
stac57
lvl.2

Canada

WILL DO THANKS
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules