Purple artefacts in RAW images (but not JPG) on P3Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
max
lvl.1

South Africa

I was shooting some sunrise images (lowish light) and when I opend the pics on my Mac I noticed a lot of purple chromatic abberations in the DNG files. When I compared the JPG files they are not there.

Even when I open the DNG's in Photoshop or Lightroom I can not get rid of them but why would they be in the DNG but not the JPG's? I have included a Dropbox link to both files (the RAW is 25MB so might take a bit of time to load). Any advice / assistance would be appreciated.

PS : I have the Firmware prior to the latest one from about 3 weeks ago. I did't do that upgrade as i was out in the field.
PPS : A strage one - when you compare the image size of the RAW Vs JPG, the JPG is 4,000 x 3,000 pixels and the RAW is 3,992 x 2,992 - any ideas why this would be the case?

Dropbox Images (RAW and JPG)

2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Max, I'd suggest you to use the DNG cleaner to deal with the DNG files before editing. You can download the tool here :
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#downloads
2016-7-11
Use props
max
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-12 09:10
Hello Max, I'd suggest you to use the DNG cleaner to deal with the DNG files before editing. You can ...

Thanks for the suggestion but it seems to have made no difference...

2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

max@sfactory.co Posted at 2016-7-12 17:08
Thanks for the suggestion but it seems to have made no difference...

Is it a phantom 3 or phantom 4?
2016-7-12
Use props
guns&cameras
lvl.2

United States

I would believe it's the fault of the lens quality. You will also find this in interchangeable lenses for DSLR's. High grade quality lenses don't have much CA if any..
2016-7-12
Use props
max
lvl.1

South Africa

guns&cameras Posted at 2016-7-13 01:32
I would believe it's the fault of the lens quality. You will also find this in interchangeable lense ...

No i don't believe this is related to the lens because it only affect the RAW files and not the the JPG's.

I have a P3 Pro.
2016-7-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

max@sfactory.co Posted at 2016-7-15 05:12
No i don't believe this is related to the lens because it only affect the RAW files and not the th ...

Part of the in-camera RAW processing to produce a jpg includes removing purple fringing caused by less-than-perfect lenses (most lenses).  You can also do it yourself in Photoshop/Lightroom etc.
2016-7-15
Use props
New

United States

I am having the same issue.
I have a Phantom 3 Professional and shot Raw+Jpeg.  I did the 1.10 firmware update today and starting having this issue.  I was not having this issue previously to upgrading my firmware.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
2017-2-23
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

RAW files are just the data which is captured by the sensor. They are not images yet. They have to be processed to extract an image from that data.

The Jpeg is processed and compressed. While this is happening there are various things done and one can be to correct for known aberrations and distortions. It would seem that the CA has been corrected in this case. You will have to do that yourself in the workflow when using the RAW data.
2017-2-23
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-12 01:10
Is it a phantom 3 or phantom 4?

He said Phantom 3 Professional.
2017-2-23
Use props
MassDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

Dropbox is empty.
2017-2-23
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

The OP was from July last year. It has popped up again due to someone else having the same issue.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules