Yikes
1080 9 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

Almost cut off 3 of my fingers today... well only 1 was really 'that bad'... ill explain more when i can type better...

good news:  one broken prop but motor works and test flight (after bandages) went fine

im assuming that if the motor and esc 'worked' on a 5 min flight then i should be ok to not expect a failure later?
2015-1-24
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Ouch, at least after 44 years of glow fuel engines I still have all my fingers.
2015-1-24
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

44 years ago.  Did you know James Watt ?  
2015-1-24
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

2015-1-24
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.  I SHOULD HAVE JUST KILLED IT, I WAS ONLY 2 FT OFF THE GROUND BUT INSTEAD I PINNED IT DOWN TO WHAT IT WAS ABOUT TO HIT... AND PAID THE PRICE... but i was making sure others around didnt get hurt so i kind of took one for the team... itll be a few weeks before im without a bandage tho, but thatll be the last time i reach towards it... ill kill the engines and spend cash on repairs versus what im feeling right now haha...
2015-1-24
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Sorry to here that, but glad you will be okay.  Things can happen very quickly with powered flight aircraft models.

A few weeks ago, I had a helicopter spinning up on my patio.  I let go of the throttle and looked down at my transmitter to adjust the rudder trim.  I reckon the ESC has a soft start function as default, so the rotor speed will slowly spin up.  The next thing I know the craft is in the air a few inches and drifting to me, and I was pinned between a chair and a wall, and got my shin nicked.  I did not know a shin could bleed like that!  Should have gotten a stitch or two, but it is healing well.

We have got to be careful.  And you are correct, your safety and that of others comes first.  Let it drop in a case like that.  And don't take your eyes off of an aircraft that has spinning props or rotors.  They bite.
2015-1-25
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

A few years ago here in Houston a man was teaching someone to fly a helicopter. Someone waked up and the instructor started talking to him and didn't pay attention to his student. The student lost control of the helicopter and it came back and the blades hit the instructor in the throat and killed him. I am sure a Phantom with out prop guards could do the same damage.
2015-1-25
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yes it could the only reason i have a pinky is that it had a bone in it...soft tissue stands no chance...i knew this but frankly was still surprised w/ the forces when it struck me
2015-1-25
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Plastic stock props should be fine, If you wanna lose a finger, try the carbon props.
2015-1-26
Use props
Humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

Pics or it didn't happen... Jk. glad you're ok.
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules