Upgrading to new remote controller
1082 6 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert Moran
lvl.1

United States

I've just received the new version contoller with the scroll wheel and want to use it with my previously purchased Vision+ that had come with the old controller. What are all the procedures i must take to assure a trouble-free transition to the new controller? (That is trouble-free with the exception of my flying errors). Thank you -
2015-1-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Just bind the new controller to the Phantom and do all the calibrations, including the X1 (camera control wheel) and an initial IMU calibration.
2015-1-25
Use props
Robert Moran
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-26 02:24
Just bind the new controller to the Phantom and do all the calibrations, including the X1 (camera co ...

Thanks for your help
2015-1-25
Use props
perdidoflyer
lvl.2

United States

And don't forget to connect to Phantom with the Assistant software and change to the new controller, under Basic, choose RC, select "Upgrade Version".
2015-1-25
Use props
Robert Moran
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, I think I've done it all but why wouldn't the RC application show stick movement during calibration? I bound the new controller. selected upgrade version, calibrated the sticks and the X1 in the PT2 app. On my desk without propellors the controller starts the motors and the X1 controls the camera but the position indicators don't respond on the RC application. I have the feeling I'm missing something simple but don't know what it is.
2015-1-25
Use props
Robert Moran
lvl.1

United States

Robert Moran Posted at 2015-1-26 06:19
Thanks, I think I've done it all but why wouldn't the RC application show stick movement during cali ...

Forget my last query. As I suspected it was a simple error on my part. I neglected to connect the controller to my Mac. Embarrassing.
2015-1-25
Use props
Robert Moran
lvl.1

United States

Embarrassed to admit I neglected to connect the controller to my Mac. Forget last reply.
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules