I just ordered the phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 off Amazon
3128 16 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

Friday the 23rd and am having it overnighted to me as I post this.  The seller/ dealer was listed as Drones etc. .  After spending 1400.00 of my hard
Earned money, I suddenly started reading about this whole ESC issue.  This has me worried.   Drones Etc. Is closed til Monday I think too.   I'm worried
That I might have an ESC issue and it's not even here yet.  Sigh....  Anyone have anything positive to say that will calm me? Thank you!
2015-1-26
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Many sellers (even DJI themselves) have been shipping units with old ESCs. A lot of people don't know about this issue, fly their new Phantoms, and have absolutely no trouble. That said, this issue does not affect every Phantom.
2015-1-26
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

Here is the email I sent and the reply I recieved to drones etc...

James,

DJI has told us that all the new Phantom 2 Vision Plus 3.0's have the correct ESC.  However, like the forums have mentioned, there is talk that some units that have been manufactured by DJI with the incorrect ESC.  Unfortunately, there is no way to know for sure about the ESC unless you open up the drone and check out the ESC board inside.  Our units are fairly new units from DJI and we have yet to have anyone complain or report bad ESC's, but in the event that this were to occur, DJI would definitely replace the ESC's at no cost.

Sincerely,

Becca
Drones Etc.

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 8:04 PM, Shopify Notification <mailer@shopify.com> wrote:
Contact Form Submission:

Name: James
  Email: w......@yahoo.com
  Phone: 864.......
  Body: I purchased the Dji phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 quad copter from Amazon on Friday , Jan 23rd.   It's being shipped at the time of this note.  Drones etc is listed as the seller/vender.  After purchasing this unit, it was brought to my attention via the Dji forum community that some of the upgraded v3.0 phantoms are equipped with an ESC part that is incompatible in some cases with the motor units and can cause crashes or fire. Has the phantom I have ordered been upgraded properly?  Incompatible parts would be disasterous with such an expensive investment.

Please let me know, thank you kindly.

James
2015-1-26
Use props
johnwarr.email
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Honestly if you believe all the rumour and speculation about these "issues" then nothing anyone can say will calm you down.
If you really think that DJI could design and manufacture a new version of there most popular product and not fit the correct parts during assembly then cancel your order now.
2015-1-26
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE*******

I did receive the unit it good working order. Everything looked good. I thoroughly updated everything and charged everything and
I read the manual completely.

After watching countless videos and reading tons, I decided to trust Dji and I chose not to open the phantom
So I would not inadvertently void its warranty.  I took it flying in a huge open area. I made sure to set both my home position and
Calibrate the compass before even attaching the propellers. I had over ten satellites.  
My flight went perfectly with no issues and worked amazing .
2015-1-26
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Warbishop, that email is accurate. You can only tell by opening the Phantom.
2015-1-26
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

I did have two issues to note so far.

1. In phantom mode, when u flip the v1 switch repeatedly to make sure the home point is set,
It failed to work for twenty minutes of trying.  I then decided to power up the motors briefly and then
Shut them down and try it. For some reason this worked.  Not sure why.

2. The dynamic home position set itself in the settings without my knowledge even after I turned this feature off.
3.  I experienced barrel images with some photos but was able to correct this with gimp( free software).
2015-1-26
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

Warbishop Posted at 2015-1-27 06:56
I did have two issues to note so far.

1. In phantom mode, when u flip the v1 switch repeatedly to  ...

I meant v2. Mistype
2015-1-26
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

johnwarr.email Posted at 2015-1-27 06:39
Honestly if you believe all the rumour and speculation about these "issues" then nothing anyone can  ...

You are a joke pal there have been several people show pictures of their units brand new phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 including mine pictures of the wrong version esc's in them from the factory get your facts straight before saying 'the rumors'. It cost me 80 dollars to make dam sure mine doesn't cut out and hit some kid and you can bet when that one happens people from every where will be banning these things. The wrong version esc's can work just fine until? And YES dji did sell a lot of units with the wrong version esc's look at their site it clearly states for the new v3.0 motors you must have v2.1 esc's.
2015-1-26
Use props
cshudson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-27 07:11
You are a joke pal there have been several people show pictures of their units brand new phantom 2 ...

Was there not a DJI rep on here who stated that even if the esc's in the V3 phantoms had no label, they were indeed V2? Was not the confusion caused by the instructions in the upgrade kit, stating unlabeled esc's were ver1? Which of course would make sense in an upgrade kit as people would not be upgrading a ver 3 to a ver 3. In an upgrade kit , one would be upgrading a ver 2 or earlier, so those instructions make sense. If a DJI rep states that no label esc's in ver 3 P2V+'s are indeed v2 esc's, why would we doubt that?
Seems phone staff knee-jerk reaction to unknown questions, is send your quad back.
2015-1-26
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

I would like to say that I am very impressed with the phantom 2 plus so far.   It seems to be worth every penny. Of course this is not to say that problems won't arise but so far, it's an outstanding machine.  The smoothness and fluidness in which it moves is nothing short of a modern miracle.   I have no doubt that there are issues and problems with customer service , however I would like to say that drones etc were very forthright about the information. I still have no idea about the ESC 's but I'm trusting DJI .   I was very worried for a bit but the advantages and benefits seem to outweigh the negatives so far.  I would recommend this purchase with cautious optimism in all areas of Dji customer support.  

Quadcopters and drones are really starting to make an imprint into society at a rate uncommon imo since the automobile .

Until I experience a reason to state otherwise, I'd rate this experience as 5 stars so far.
2015-1-26
Use props
SavannahQuad
lvl.2

United States

I was able to shine a flashlight through the air ports on the arms of the phantom and use a magnifying glass through the  ports on the other side of that arm and read the V number on my ESCs.  Mine read V2.  It was printed on the circuit board itself not the paper label.

Is this a positive ID of V2.? ESCs?

I'm glad you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine.  
2015-1-26
Use props
Warbishop
lvl.1

United States

SavannahQuad Posted at 2015-1-27 07:49
I was able to shine a flashlight through the air ports on the arms of the phantom and use a magnifyi ...

It is my understanding that is the wrong end and is not what u need.  If I understand what I've read, you will need the info from the label with the white background on the other end.  You will see one of three versions I think...
1. ESC
2. V2.0
3. V2.1

It is my understanding that the first is incompatible and the second isn't ideal but the third is what you want. Of course this is my limited understanding and needs someone of superior knowledge to confirm .
2015-1-26
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

Warbishop Posted at 2015-1-27 07:56
It is my understanding that is the wrong end and is not what u need.  If I understand what I've rea ...

Very close the first without any version on it is the original the second that has a v2.0 on the white label was the secong build but had issues so they added a version 2.1 on the white label to fix the issues and it is the only one that is for the v3.0 motors.
2015-1-26
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

You are correct the label is near the motor. My P2V+ (v3) was purchased before Christmas and it has the v2.1 ESCs.

2015-1-26
Use props
johnwarr.email
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-27 07:11
You are a joke pal there have been several people show pictures of their units brand new phantom 2 ...

I think you will find the joke is on you for spending $80 on replacing perfectly good ESC's, but if it makes you happy then that's fine.
I admire you being so concerned about other peoples safety, but surely flying over or near people is a bad idea whatever you are flying.
2015-1-26
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

johnwarr.email Posted at 2015-1-27 09:59
I think you will find the joke is on you for spending $80 on replacing perfectly good ESC's, but i ...

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=phantom%202%20esc&sm=3

You really dont understand that there are three different versions? If it has nothing on the white label then it is the first version NOT the one you want with the new motors. Yeah people's safety comes first. Have you watch any of the esc failures on youtube yet?

2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules