Phantoms and ND Filters, finally a proper guide!
3078 10 2016-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All,

Having watched many videos about ND Filters and using them with the Phantom, I was a little frustrated by people suggesting that you just bolt on an ND Filter and away you go, it simply isn't as simple as that and there are settings which must be set correctly to achieve decent results.

Hopefully this video is useful, be sure to share and subscribe:

...and Part 2 which includes fitting and video comparison:

2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good and useful tutorials
2016-8-17
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-18 03:36
Good and useful tutorials

Thanks Paladin! I was hoping for a little more feedback from others but I guess that ND Filters just aren't cool enough
2016-9-2
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 2016-9-2 11:17
Thanks Paladin! I was hoping for a little more feedback from others but I guess that ND Filters ju ...

ND filters seem to have taken on god like status and there are so many conflicting tutorials and guides. I think most people are just fed up with hearing about them.

I think some of you comparisons are biased towards the filter, they're not quite fair.

2016-9-2
Use props
peter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks, haven't got time (working) to view them right now but I will do!
2016-9-2
Use props
dak162
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use ND filters only to slow my shutter speed. This reduces rolling shutter and any jello effects on my P3P. Different ND filters are necessary for different lighting.
2016-9-2
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Very Good, Thanks
2016-9-2
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I'll experiment some more with ND's tomorrow at the car show.  Should be nice and sunny, not sure about any clouds.  I have not used the FPS / shutter speed formula yet will try to pay attention to what the exp values show me tomorrow.
2016-9-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 2016-9-2 11:17
Thanks Paladin! I was hoping for a little more feedback from others but I guess that ND Filters ju ...

Really good tutorials for understanding why and how they should be used, have helped me produce some nice video recently
2016-10-16
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-16 09:24
Really good tutorials for understanding why and how they should be used, have helped me produce som ...

Thanks Aardvark, great to hear! Be sure to subscribe and also to share to DJI groups!
2016-10-31
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Excellent! Having bought some filters recently, this has given me a good understanding of how (and when) to use them. Thanks.
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules