Service/Repair and the Online Chat!
12Next >
2885 62 2016-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vstarpilot1
lvl.1

Extremely satisfied!
I wanted to be sure an post my experience with a Service/Repair for my P4. I have seen several posts of unhappy people and their perception of the "poor" service from DJI. Well I wanted to be sure and say that I have nothing but good things to say about my experience.
I had flown my P4 since early May, and in July was becoming disappointed with the poor Roll Response during Turning or Yawing of the aircraft. I reached out to Customer Support on the DJI Website via Chat, and within minutes they were helping me diagnose the issue. In less than an hour, they had discussed possible issues and review a few short clips demonstrating the exact issues. They knew exactly what was wrong and process and Repair Ticket for me complete with RMA and Shipping Label. the very next day, my P4 was on it's way to Cerritos, CA.
It was Tracked on their web page after arrival, and I was updated every time my aircraft was touched throughout the process.
In just 3 Business Days my aircraft was repaired and tested, and on Day 4, it was shipped back to me. I have had it back for a couple of days and have logged another 4 flights and about an hour and twenty minutes of flying. I have put it through it's paces and it is flying like new again.

Everyone along the way was very helpful and they responded quickly and turned the unit around extremely quickly.

I simply wanted to make sure that people give DJI a fair shake.
2016-8-22
Use props
clickclickw00t
New

United States

Thanks for the nice review. What did you ship it in and where did you ship from?
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much for posting your experience, we really appreciate it.
2016-8-22
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

It's great that you have taken the time to post your positive experience.

I wish more people would "post positive" in these forums.
A friend of mine who was looking at buying a drone decided on a Yuneec Typhoon H 4K RTF Hexacopter because of all the negative things found about Phantoms on these forums. He was unaware that I owned a P4 ( I didn't know he was interested in such things). He then showed of his new toy and the results. I then showed him some of my frottage and he was a gasp and inquired "what drone do you have?". Needless to say his new toy is now on e-bay and he has a new shiny p4.

My point is that if we have asked for help and we get the result we wanted we should feedback that as it does impact on the company and it's product.
2016-8-22
Use props
vanjones37
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1652674 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-22 09:15

Hi Ken I have a DJI ND 08 lenses stuck on my phantom 4 any ideas on how to get it off!!!!
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-8-23 00:57
It's great that you have taken the time to post your positive experience.

I wish more people would  ...

And also the reason is DJI is the largest drone manufacture in the world and sells tend of thousands more that Yuneec so of course there's more post out there about DJI.
Glad he's happy with his new P4.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vanjones37@yaho Posted at 2016-8-23 04:42
Hi Ken I have a DJI ND 08 lenses stuck on my phantom 4 any ideas on how to get it off!!!!

Untwist evenly around the diameter of the lens cover. Maybe a zip tie will help.
Trick is to not squeeze too hard.
2016-8-22
Use props
MarcoX5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1196778 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's refreshing to hear positive feedback.  Thanks Vstarpilot1 for taking time to do this.  It means 10x more to the user community than the spate of negative reviews we see most often.
2016-8-22
Use props
jhopper9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381355 ft
United States

It's refreshing that you took the time to elaborate on your positive experience.  Thanks.  I've had my P3A since March and love it....and it's worked flawlessly, but it is good to hear that DJI has such a through repair process.
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing positive experience. We'll do our best to improve our service.
2016-8-22
Use props
vstarpilot1
lvl.1

clickclickw00t Posted at 2016-8-22 21:44
Thanks for the nice review. What did you ship it in and where did you ship from?

Clickclickw00t, I happen to be one of those strange folks that has the room to hang onto boxes and shipping containers until my Warranty is up. Just in case.
So I still had the original shipping box and Retail Packaging. I just boxed it all back up the same way. Just the Drone and the Remote, nothing else went back.
I shipped it from Atlanta, GA. UPS both ways and I got it back safe.
2016-8-23
Use props
vstarpilot1
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-23 09:33
Thanks for sharing positive experience. We'll do our best to improve our service.

You guys earned it. I think the most important thing that DJI can do, is always communicate. DJI gave me Chat feedback, great e-mail follow-up and wonderful Web Tracking all along the way. It made me feel like I knew what was going on.
Also, as MarcoX5 said, "It means 10x more to the user community than the spate of negative reviews we see most often." I agree with him, and all too often, it is only when our ire is up and we feel we must act, that we post. Something nasty and full of spite.
Well I wanted to give you guys your due, as you had done everything right and needed to know that too.
Thanks again.
2016-8-23
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Glad to hear you received good service.

Hope they can expand that level of service to more and more customers until everyone receives acceptable service.

Some companies have excellent customer service and you rarely read about negative outlier cases, but on here the stories never end.
2016-8-31
Use props
comradesonia
New

United States

just had the worst and best dji customer/tech service.

bit of background, just got my inspire x5 back from dji after a 1 month turnaround repair, which by the way cost me an arm and a leg.
new issue: can’t fly due to firmware contradictions. need to update aircraft. update not responding/failing.

used dji chat service: talked to a robot, a very stupid robot.

called support: spent over an hour on the phone doing trial & error troubleshooting with the tech.
(had to hang up before they turn my thousand-dollar equipment into frankenstein.)
called again: if you think people can't get any dumber, give it about five minutes, they'll surprise ya.
*oh and guess what: i need to send back the drone for yet another repair.

next day…
(about to pack drone and head out to the post office)

went to online chat again to follow up my “free” UPS label and give it another go with support.
Tech seems human this time. did troubleshooting steps, walked me through the process and asked me for a screen grab photo of the contents of my sd folder. i told him everything looks good but still insisted for a screen grab, which I would have to do on my laptop then send via email to myself, open and save it on my phone and send it through the same chat window on the dji app (like are you srs?)
he sent me back the screen grab w/ paint marks on it and told me to rename the bin file by deleting the “2” he encircled (which I thought was ridiculous and that he was just trying to stall).
*please see photo (this might also save you a lot of trouble in the future)

I did it anyway (with very little hope)
It started beeping (omg). I had to ask and confirm that it was actually happening and not some sort of allergy medication induced hallucination.  He said “the gimbal led light should look like Christmas (green and red) lol” (lol). It did! and it felt like it too!
It was as simple as it could be. Took us 10mins. plus me trying to send the screenshot (hardest part). Imagine the time and money that would’ve cost me if I had to go through the same horrible process of sending it back in (which I almost did)

Credit goes to dji Robbie for the fast and efficient support. Thanks again man!

Screenshot.jpg
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

comradesonia Posted at 2016-10-16 02:20
just had the worst and best dji customer/tech service.

bit of background, just got my inspire x5 ba ...

It's good to hear that everything worked out in the end. Happy flying!
2016-10-15
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm planning to post a positive experience too once I received my battery replacement. I just hope they will do the right thing this time and give me a brand new battery and not a used damaged one. I'm glad it took you less than a week for that. I'm currently on my 38 days of missing 1 battery. 20 mins of time flying lost every free time
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

keiser08 Posted at 2016-10-16 13:00
I'm planning to post a positive experience too once I received my battery replacement. I just hope t ...

Please keep us posted, glad to hear that it's getting addressed.
2016-10-15
Use props
keiser08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 446355 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-15 22:31
Please keep us posted, glad to hear that it's getting addressed.

I'll keep you posted!
2016-10-16
Use props
Jmangum
lvl.1

United States

My very first phantom 3 4K and I sent it in to be repaired. I had so much advice from so many people that I really screwed it up and never got it off the ground. It refuses to take the update firmware and it shows a barometer  Error and, although I calculated IMU four times, it still showed an error in calculation. After a week of frustration, I talked to an associate of DJI and I sent it back to be repaired. It took eight days to get there, but now, I want to know what would the usual turnaround time be for this type of repair, if there is anything to repair?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jmangum Posted at 2017-4-17 12:31
My very first phantom 3 4K and I sent it in to be repaired. I had so much advice from so many people that I really screwed it up and never got it off the ground. It refuses to take the update firmware and it shows a barometer  Error and, although I calculated IMU four times, it still showed an error in calculation. After a week of frustration, I talked to an associate of DJI and I sent it back to be repaired. It took eight days to get there, but now, I want to know what would the usual turnaround time be for this type of repair, if there is anything to repair?

Depending on what needs to be repaired, it can take about a week or two. If you want to provide your case number, I can look into where you are thus far.
2017-4-17
Use props
Jmangum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-22 08:15

Ken, I sent in for repair my P3 4K that I have owned for 3 weeks. It is probably my fault I had to send it. DJI received it on the 17th. Is there a way to estimate the usual turnaround time with an IMU and barometer error?
2017-4-18
Use props
Jmangum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-17 14:33
Depending on what needs to be repaired, it can take about a week or two. If you want to provide your case number, I can look into where you are thus far.

I apologize. I cannot find my case number. All I find is the tracking number. I don't have it, just the tracking number. I could not download the update and it showed a barometer error and IMU error.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jmangum Posted at 2017-4-18 11:41
I apologize. I cannot find my case number. All I find is the tracking number. I don't have it, just the tracking number. I could not download the update and it showed a barometer error and IMU error.

If your unit arrived yesterday, per post #21, then it will take a day or so for it to be checked into the facility. Once it's been checked in, the time frame I provided on post #20 would go into affect.
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jmangum Posted at 2017-4-18 11:27
Ken, I sent in for repair my P3 4K that I have owned for 3 weeks. It is probably my fault I had to send it. DJI received it on the 17th. Is there a way to estimate the usual turnaround time with an IMU and barometer error?

I'd say 5-10 business days from when it's received in until it leaves the repair center.
2017-4-18
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

I will happily give credit where it is do, and I will give credit to DJI not censoring bad reviews or complaints when they happen.  I will also add that my experience with the service center has also been excellent (I even have my own thread on it), however as good as the service center is, sales is the opposite.  The customer "support" from the sales department (and bear in mind, they want tou to buy something) is atrocious, some of the worst I have seen.  No one is available to answer the phone, at all, you just get a recording telling you use the website.

If you send an Email it takes about 3 days at a minimum to get a response, if they respond at all, and then it is a form response having nothing to do with the question asked.  Replying to that message will result in ansother 3 days for a reply back, this one will have at least read the question (unlike the first one), but they will completely misunderstand it or otherwise do a horrible job answering it, often in machine translated English.  Another response will take 3 more says, this one will be better, and maybe even be coherent, but no guarantees it will answer the question.  Getting the actual answer to the question will take another 1 or 2 emails, each taking another 3 days.

The live chat is almost as bad, I am not entirely convinced it is not at least partially an AI.  It can take me upwards of an hour to get a rep to even UNDERSTAND the question (which will be a simple one), let alone get a coherent response back, they just like to keep repeating answers to questions I did not ask, it is extremely frustrating, it also crashes constantly requiring me to start over.  I'll give you an example, I was asking about the education discount and I could not get the rep to understand that I was not asking something about citizenship and kept insisting that I email citizenship@dji.com.  Some reps are better than others though.

My suggestions?

Get someone who can actually answer the phone, even if they only can answer basic questions, I much preffer actually talking to someone.
Do not use machine translators, get some native speakers, or at least a fluent speaker to handle customer service, if you can't find a native speaker than just default to English, it's the international language, just don't use a machine translator, they don't work well and the ones that try to translate to/from Chinese are the worst, it's just too complicated.
Give your sales reps some actual latitude, even if it's minimal, to make the customers happy, for example: changing shipping methods, knocking a few dollars off the price or adding a small item to compensate for any issues, or the ability to combine some items for small discounts on the package, nothing major, just something they can use to help please the customer or encourage the sale.
Give your sales reps at least some basic product knowledge so they can answer simple technical questions without telling you to send an email to a different department.
2017-4-18
Use props
Jmangum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-18 12:13
I'd say 5-10 business days from when it's received in until it leaves the repair center.

Thanks.. I hope to fly it sometime in my lifetime. I am an old guy and I don't have as much time to wait like most guys.
2017-4-19
Use props
Jmangum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 12:06
If your unit arrived yesterday, per post #21, then it will take a day or so for it to be checked into the facility. Once it's been checked in, the time frame I provided on post #20 would go into affect.

How can I get the correct connection cord that  fits both the controller and the monitor without having to use an adaptor? My controller does not have the standard size USB connection and I can't find the proper cord anywhere.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jmangum Posted at 2017-4-19 08:38
How can I get the correct connection cord that  fits both the controller and the monitor without having to use an adaptor? My controller does not have the standard size USB connection and I can't find the proper cord anywhere.

Since you have a P3 4K, you would not have the option to connect to the Go app via USB. It will only connect via WiFi. As far as the P3 series goes, only the P3 Pro and the P3 Adv can connect to the Go app via USB because they use Lighbridge instead of WiFi.

The only purpose the micro USB serves on the P34K RC is to be able to extract information from the RC via a computer, such as the firmware .bin file that's downloaded during the update process with the success/fail .txt file etc. It's not something you would use regularly.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jmangum Posted at 2017-4-19 08:32
Thanks.. I hope to fly it sometime in my lifetime. I am an old guy and I don't have as much time to wait like most guys.

Sounds good.
2017-4-19
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

9245 Posted at 2017-4-18 13:25
I will happily give credit where it is do, and I will give credit to DJI not censoring bad reviews or complaints when they happen.  I will also add that my experience with the service center has also been excellent (I even have my own thread on it), however as good as the service center is, sales is the opposite.  The customer "support" from the sales department (and bear in mind, they want tou to buy something) is atrocious, some of the worst I have seen.  No one is available to answer the phone, at all, you just get a recording telling you use the website.

If you send an Email it takes about 3 days at a minimum to get a response, if they respond at all, and then it is a form response having nothing to do with the question asked.  Replying to that message will result in ansother 3 days for a reply back, this one will have at least read the question (unlike the first one), but they will completely misunderstand it or otherwise do a horrible job answering it, often in machine translated English.  Another response will take 3 more says, this one will be better, and maybe even be coherent, but no guarantees it will answer the question.  Getting the actual answer to the question will take another 1 or 2 emails, each taking another 3 days.

I tried to live chat about a problem a couple of days ago. In my opening post to the chat representative, I described the problem and also stated that I had tried both a forward sensor calibration with DJI Assistant and a factory reset and neither worked.

What do you think we're the first suggestions  from the chat person ? Yep, "Please try recalibrating the forward sensor with DJI assistant". I responded that I had already told her that I had done that and she replied "Sorry, how about trying a factory reset".
Chat sessions like that, with any supplier, are extremely frustrating. What's worse is that I had to interject with several "are you still there?" posts  because she didn't even start typing responses until 3-4 minutes after my posts.
I concluded that the "live" chat person was either an idiot or that she was, indeed, just an automated AI system. Another possibility is that the chat folk manage  3-4 chats at the same time and simply forget which owner told them what.  Either way, I received no help at all. I then forwarded the transcript to one of the DJI reps in this forum and asked if they had heard of the problem. I received no reply at all.
I'm hoping that any new firmware will solve the "Forward sensor calibration error". Failing that, I'm not sure what I can do.
2017-4-19
Use props
Nautical Image
New
Australia

OMG im at a complete loss,,, i cant get any response they have had my drone for 25 Days and still no response on my many questions on returning the drone, how long do i have to wait to class it as stolen?  it would have been cheaper for me to buy a new drone with the income i have lost without the drone. i made the clear mistake of believing others when they say it was a very quick turn around, this was a $60 warranty repair which the process started now 36 Days ago... this forum is my last resort... case number :Cas-509839-R5T6L1
2017-4-20
Use props
Jmangum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 08:48
Since you have a P3 4K, you would not have the option to connect to the Go app via USB. It will only connect via WiFi. As far as the P3 series goes, only the P3 Pro and the P3 Adv can connect to the Go app via USB because they use Lighbridge instead of WiFi.

The only purpose the micro USB serves on the P34K RC is to be able to extract information from the RC via a computer, such as the firmware .bin file that's downloaded during the update process with the success/fail .txt file etc. It's not something you would use regularly.

You see?That's a big problem with people like us who do not have any experience with drones and no clear communication is included with the drone  that spell out in plain instruction. I know I am kinda slow and thinking, but I think I could have figured that out if it'd been laid out plainly in front of my eyes. I just think about the three weeks I wasted trying to get some kind of communication cable attached  to this thing plus the money I spent and all I had to do with  pair it with my iPad and controller? Ready to fly out of the box? What a laugh! That might be true with people who have had experience with these before, but not with morons like me. I just think about all the time I wasted and all the money I wasted and I could be outside flying this thing right now if I had the sense God gave a Billy goat.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jmangum Posted at 2017-4-20 05:50
You see?That's a big problem with people like us who do not have any experience with drones and no clear communication is included with the drone  that spell out in plain instruction. I know I am kinda slow and thinking, but I think I could have figured that out if it'd been laid out plainly in front of my eyes. I just think about the three weeks I wasted trying to get some kind of communication cable attached  to this thing plus the money I spent and all I had to do with  pair it with my iPad and controller? Ready to fly out of the box? What a laugh! That might be true with people who have had experience with these before, but not with morons like me. I just think about all the time I wasted and all the money I wasted and I could be outside flying this thing right now if I had the sense God gave a Billy goat.

On both page 27 of the P3 4K manual and step 5 of the quick start guide, it does indicate that you would connect to the Go app via a built in WiFi signal.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _en_V1.2_160523.pdf

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... rt_Guide_en_1.8.pdf
2017-4-20
Use props
Jmangum
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 09:59
On both page 27 of the P3 4K manual and step 5 of the quick start guide, it does indicate that you would connect to the Go app via a built in WiFi signal.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_4k/en/Phantom_3_4K_User_Manual_en_V1.2_160523.pdf

Thank you, Jamie
2017-4-20
Use props
fans85699821
New
Flight distance : 228809 ft
Czechia

It has been 10 days since I applied for online repair. Our drone turned off in the middle of flight after abour 11 minutes and felt down from sky 3 weeks after purchase.  Just like this, from nothing. Fortunately it didn't hurt anybody or broke anything. It has been nightmare since then. DJI online support is totally useless crap and people there don't know anything. I've been told 4 times in row to kindly wait 24-48 for shipping label and nothing happened every single time until today. After 10 day, when i was reachinf online support again that they cannot send me shipping label because there is no repair center in my country (Czech republic). Unproffesional, with no help, about 6 hours spent by texting useless suport!!!  And drone i still sitting under my table, totally wrecked.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans85699821 Posted at 2017-4-20 12:09
It has been 10 days since I applied for online repair. Our drone turned off in the middle of flight after abour 11 minutes and felt down from sky 3 weeks after purchase.  Just like this, from nothing. Fortunately it didn't hurt anybody or broke anything. It has been nightmare since then. DJI online support is totally useless crap and people there don't know anything. I've been told 4 times in row to kindly wait 24-48 for shipping label and nothing happened every single time until today. After 10 day, when i was reachinf online support again that they cannot send me shipping label because there is no repair center in my country (Czech republic). Unproffesional, with no help, about 6 hours spent by texting useless suport!!!  And drone i still sitting under my table, totally wrecked.

I would feel the same as you do if I were in your position, sincerely apologize for the trouble you've been caused.
I failed to track your case number with the e-mail address you use for forum, please provide me your case number and the e-mail address you used to contact our online chat support, we'd like to look into it and help you handle it soon, thanks.
2017-4-20
Use props
Jmangum
lvl.1

United States

Hello Jamie,
I am very anxious to know where my Phantom 3 is. If there is going to be a long wait before I can have a very minor problem solved, why don't you all just send it back to me now and I'll try something else. I do not like to be on pins and needles not knowing anything. If I could get some definite timetable or any kind of repair schedule and I don't mean estimates, at least I would know something. Maybe spending all this time on this Forum is  Just a colossal waste of time. I feel like I'm beating my head against the stone wall here. I am not used to this. I just spent $700 on a drone that I had in my possession three weeks and now it's gone. I tell you the truth, I would get faster service if I had sent it back to Amazon.com and asked for a refund and bought another. I would have it in less than 10 days.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jmangum Posted at 2017-4-20 19:39
Hello Jamie,
I am very anxious to know where my Phantom 3 is. If there is going to be a long wait before I can have a very minor problem solved, why don't you all just send it back to me now and I'll try something else. I do not like to be on pins and needles not knowing anything. If I could get some definite timetable or any kind of repair schedule and I don't mean estimates, at least I would know something. Maybe spending all this time on this Forum is  Just a colossal waste of time. I feel like I'm beating my head against the stone wall here. I am not used to this. I just spent $700 on a drone that I had in my possession three weeks and now it's gone. I tell you the truth, I would get faster service if I had sent it back to Amazon.com and asked for a refund and bought another. I would have it in less than 10 days.

Just to clarify, have you yet to receive a notification that it has been checked in? If you want to PM me the email address you used to contact Support with, I can try to look your case up from there.
2017-4-20
Use props
fans85699821
New
Flight distance : 228809 ft
Czechia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-20 18:43
I would feel the same as you do if I were in your position, sincerely apologize for the trouble you've been caused.
I failed to track your case number with the e-mail address you use for forum, please provide me your case number and the e-mail address you used to contact our online chat support, we'd like to look into it and help you handle it soon, thanks.

My case number is CAS-563668-L5X7D5
for chat i've use email info@realness.cz and filip.velc@realness.cz
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans85699821 Posted at 2017-4-20 23:50
My case number is CAS-563668-L5X7D5
for chat i've use email  and

Thanks, I've reported your case to the management, will look into it and help you take care of it soon.
2017-4-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules