What IOS apps Will Support Osmo Mobile?
18085 15 2016-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I know Filmic will support the Osmo Mobile, but are there any others that you know of that will support the hardware? In Filmic, you can use the buttons/joystick on the Osmo to control certain features so it seems to have good intigration.

Also - what app do you recommend using on the iPhone 6+ for shooting video (other than DJI Go and Filmic)?

Thanks,

John
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Well, any apps that you can use on iPhone can work, you don't need to connect to DJI Go for the stabilization function of Osmo Mobile.
2016-9-7
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-7 04:56
Well, any apps that you can use on iPhone can work, you don't need to connect to DJI Go for the stab ...

Thank you. I was mainly asking about apps that allow you to control their app using the Osmo hardware. for example - panning, start/stop record, etc. Filmic Pro supports the hardware just as the DJI Go app would.

Thanks for your reply!

John
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-7 22:25
Thank you. I was mainly asking about apps that allow you to control their app using the Osmo hardw ...

As of now, only the GO app will give you pan/tilt/motion timepapse/Active Track functions.
Start/Stop will work with any app since you are using your own phone's camera.
2016-9-7
Use props
aagard
New
United States

I just received the Mobile, and the start/stop does not appear to be supported in the IOS camera app or any app that doesn't use the SDK.

Pressing the record video button was unresponsive with the iOS camera app.
2016-9-26
Use props
Alberto Pasian
lvl.2

Italy

It seems that Filmic Pro (probably the best video app for IOS) is now supporting the Osmo:

http://www.filmicpro.com/news-vi ... v5-3-filmic-remote/
2016-9-26
Use props
robind_r
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Alberto Pasian Posted at 2016-9-26 15:00
It seems that Filmic Pro (probably the best video app for IOS) is now supporting the Osmo:

http://w ...

In my experience, the most professional video app is MAVIS. Total manual control of functions, including peaking for focus as well as waveform monitor...
2016-9-26
Use props
aagard
New
United States

I agree that MAVIS is amazing, especially from a UX point of view.

It would be nice though if the Bluetooth record button on the Mobile supported the iOS "volume up" method to start/stop. There are many Bluetooth buttons which support this functionality.
2016-9-26
Use props
lukas3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

I just tried Filmic Pro with Android (Samsung Galaxy S7) and hardware buttons on Osmo (start/stop) are NOT supported neither with FilmicPro nor built-in camera app.
2016-9-27
Use props
KAT4sB3au96K
New
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-7 08:37
As of now, only the GO app will give you pan/tilt/motion timepapse/Active Track functions.
Start/S ...

Could you elaborate on this:
Start/Stop will work with any app since you are using your own phone's camera.

When I try to use the Start/Stop button with the default iOS Camera app, it does not work. It appears the start/stop button only works when the app supports the device SDK... I would love to be wrong about this.

If the hardware (the record button) doesn't support the "volume up" trigger to control the shutter, it would be great if the feedback/feature request could be sent to the appropriate team.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

KAT4sB3au96K Posted at 2016-9-28 03:44
Could you elaborate on this:
Start/Stop will work with any app since you are using your own phone' ...

I meant start/stop form the phone in whatever app you use.
Only with the GO app will the handle video/shutter buttons work.
2016-9-27
Use props
eliotbaring
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492 ft
Australia

lukas3 Posted at 2016-9-27 21:50
I just tried Filmic Pro with Android (Samsung Galaxy S7) and hardware buttons on Osmo (start/stop) a ...

The OSMO integration is only currently supported on FiLMiC Pro for iOS. It can be enabled under the Hardware Setting Menu.
2016-9-27
Use props
Steve2620
New

Australia

eliotbaring Posted at 2016-9-28 09:02
The OSMO integration is only currently supported on FiLMiC Pro for iOS. It can be enabled under th ...

Does anyone know if panorama is supported with pan and tilt on Facebook?
2016-9-28
Use props
Hagen
New
Flight distance : 402359 ft
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

eliotbaring Posted at 2016-9-28 09:02
The OSMO integration is only currently supported on FiLMiC Pro for iOS. It can be enabled under th ...

switched Osmo mobile support on inside filmic Pro app, but the Osmo buttons don't do anything in the filmic app.. too bad! I'm on an iPhone 6s+
2016-10-25
Use props
syafeerul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540902 ft
  • >>>

Hi.. there's a forum talking on this with filmic pro. Change your device name to "Osmo". do note on the capital "O".
I'm on 6s and its working as updated by filmic pro.
2016-10-26
Use props
ComPH
lvl.3

United States

Filmic Pro is supporting the Osmo Mobile controls, the Mavis support page claims that they will support it soon.
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules