Warrant registration
2290 3 2016-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8reSrX3zRC48
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Guys has anybody been refused warranty on a brand new P4. A buddy of mine recently was in Hong Kong For Buisness and on his return had purchassed two of the Phantom 4 we ll to my suprise he came over to my office on friday carrying a Brown box with My name on it. once I opened it I was very excited to see a brand new phatom 4 he smilled and said thanks for your help on a recent project we managed for him. On staturday morning I unpacked charged the battery's and then started to follow the video tutorial on how to operate and set up. Once I set it up registered my DJI Go App and then down loaded and installed the new firmware I was ready for my first flight but before I did anything I wanted to register the product for warranty purposes, i looged on and spoke to one of the tech guys that pop up and after i gave him my story he said no problems contact EE Hobbies in Australia they are the DJI importers and repaire centre and they will register your P4. Well after some email today back and forth they made a statement stating that becuase we did not buy them from Australia DJI distributor or re seller we are not eligable for warranty, I then luckily had a scree shot from the tech guy on DJI web page they changed their tune and said you can register your Phantom 4 with DJI direct in the US..
my point is my buddy gave me this as a gift, no I dont have the receipt nor do I want to ask him for it its a gift it is not stollen and its Brand new and registered on the DJi GO App on staurday afternoon 10/09/2016 and had its first flight yesterday. So that said warranty should be international as this is not your typical $500 item but a AU$2200 craft that should carry an international warranty.

your assistance would be much appreciated

i have attached a screen shot from the last email i received from EE hobbies

email from EE Hobbies.pdf

94.81 KB, Down times: 4

2016-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello George, may I know you bought it from HongKong airport or other retailer? it would be best to get receipt which is the most important proof. We could check the warranty peroid throgh your receipt or the date you activated aircraft. That means there is no need to register warranty.
Beside, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge. You could check details on our website: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
w.png
2016-9-11
Use props
George Pap
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-12 16:17
Hello George, may I know you bought it from HongKong airport or other retailer? it would be best to  ...

Thank You
Alice has sorted it out for me from DJI China.
2016-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

George Pap Posted at 2016-9-13 07:03
Thank You
Alice has sorted it out for me from DJI China.

Hi George, glad to hear that, please enjoy your aircraft and wish you have nice flight experiences.
2016-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules