IOS DJI Go v3.0 Waypoint problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davepompea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 514934 ft
United States

Using the latest IOS app (v3.0.0) on an iPhone there are many issues when using  Waypoints,. This is with a P3S:

1.       1. When recording waypoints, the distance from home is messed up. I can be 10 ft from Home and when I press Record (the point) I’ll get the message “Waypoint to far Form the home point (max distance 500m) - See the attached picture.

2.       2. When starting execution of a waypoint mission I’ll be 5 ft from the 1st waypoint and I’ll get the message that I’m too far away from the 1st point.

3.      3.  When executing a waypoint mission, directly after recording it, you have a selection of “Recorded Heading” or “Forward” or “free”.  “Recording Heading” does not work, it executes with the Phantom always flying facing forward and turning at each waypoint to keep the same facing, ie, camera forward. Using "Forward" sometimes (1st time only?) keeps the orientation of Recorded Heading, i.e. camera stays in the recorded compas setting. Thinking the two types may be backwards since they don't work right.  I did not get a chance to try the "Free" setting.

4.     4. When bringing up the list of previous Waypoint missions, it is almost impossible to see what you select as the highlighting of the one you tap is very light. Additionally, the font size is so small it’s very hard to read.

5. When the Flight Mode icon is pressed on the main screen, it used to (IIRC) just overlay the different modes on the screen. Now it takes the whole screen. Depending on what Flight Mode is selected and used, when that mode is ended, sometimes it comes back to the full screen Flight Mode selection, sometimes to the normal screen.

And since I’m writing about Waypoints, please make the camera Pitch recorded and used.  Almost useless to record waypoints and fly them unless the pitch is also used.

6. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought previously that there was a Pause button when executing waypoints (Inspire as one). Also, at the end of the waypoint sequence it did not automatically clear out and end, you could still pull the stick back and have it fly the waypoints in reverse. You would have to manually exit the mission. I just flew an Inspire last week and could do this. And the only way I knew how to do this is from learning on my P3S.

Does DJI read and reply here? Where are the release notes?

IMG_6688.PNG
2016-10-3
Use props
JustDaveMamm
lvl.1
United States

So more info about this. I loaded up the v2.9.1 GO app on an Android phone and also saw that I have the 2.9.1 on a iPad (A/C is 1.6.80). Unfortunately I have been unable to re-load  2.9.1 on my iPhone.

Using version 2.9.1 for Waypoints is 100% perfect. The birds heading matches the recorded heading when flying the mission. No bogus message about distance from home when recording a point and no bogus message about not being close enough to the Start Point when initiating the playback / flight of recorded waypoints. The Pause function is there; the mission does not clear itself out at the end thus allowing flying the waypoints in reverse by pulling back on the fwd/back stick. The selection of Flight Modes is at the bottom of the screen not obscuring everything.

Next I went back to the v3.00 version on the iPhone for more testing. The Pause button is gone. At the end of the playback of the mission, the screen clears out so you cannot reverse path it back. Selecting Flight modes takes the whole screen.

Selecting "“Recorded Heading” upon playback actually gives you "Forward" flight for all segments. Keeping the camera facing  forward.

Selecting "Forward" upon playback actually locks the bird into one heading for the entire flight. I'm not sure where it got the heading from, maybe the initial heading or the last point heading.

I get the bogus warnings about the current location being to far from the home point when pressing the Record (the point) button. Still the same bogus warning about not being close enough to the Start Point when executing the mission even though the bird is 3 feet away from it.

So ...... Please Please Please go back to the way it used to be. Things are terribly terribly broke for Waypoints. And of course, make Pitch record / playback.

{edit} I was able to download the previous IOS version thanks to droneshop in the phantompilots board: http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... on-of-dji-go.79579/
2016-10-6
Use props
terrence.mccork
New

Australia

JustDaveMamm Posted at 2016-10-6 23:44
So more info about this. I loaded up the v2.9.1 GO app on an Android phone and also saw that I have  ...

I have also had this problem.  I contacted DJI regarding this.  One consultant indicated it would be corrected in a forthcoming release of the GO App, but didn't have a date.  Another said I should try refreshing the firmware on my P4.  I haven't done that yet but will do it tonight.  I have considered using a different App in the meantime, but am unsure what this does to my warranty.  From all reports, it might make a claim difficult.
2016-10-6
Use props
justinhowell88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1217480 ft
United States

I am both estatic and elated that I am not the only one having these issues.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-64998-1-1.html also describes these very same issues with additional videos and representations. All in all, between the two pages, the issues and broken functionality is described perfectly to a T and presented very well.

This SHOULD be considered an EMERGENCY and corrected as soon as humanly possible.

While I pride myself on my "free" flight skills with my DJI equipment, having these functions broken has rendered an entire part of my flying experience mute.

DJI -- IF YOU ARE READING THIS, PLEASE HELP, FAST, QUICKLY, EXPONENTIALLY SOONER THAN LATER ----  PLEASE
2016-10-7
Use props
justinhowell88
lvl.1
United States

Update --- Not much to it, but I have verified and spoke with 2 different DJI rep's today and they said their R&D is aware of the issue but no ETA on a fix.
2016-10-7
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

the sooner you move to Litchi the more fun you will have!! I had a number of missions that somehow disappeared from my GO FAV missions and ruined a sizable project. So just being able to save missions is a huge on it's own!! cheers Darrin
2016-10-7
Use props
justinhowell88
lvl.1

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-10-8 05:19
the sooner you move to Litchi the more fun you will have!! I had a number of missions that somehow d ...

but within litchi do you have the ability to manually fly a mission and set way points from within the air? or only before you even take off?

I'm flying in between 40 ft of tree lines @ 20 ft high with limbs and obstructions that can not be accounted for before the flight starts.
2016-10-8
Use props
JustDaveMamm
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know if the mentioned problems have been fixed in Go 3.x? All that was needed was to roll back the code.
2016-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules