Battery
1708 6 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alessio.Alessi.
lvl.1

Italy

i want to buy some extra battery. Is much better 5.700 mAh ?
when will be available?
thank you

2015-2-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The 5700 will give you more flight time. As to when you will see them I have no idea. I ordered two last November and nothing yet. One must understand that the Batteries are not an ordinary Battery.
2015-2-2
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

The TB48 5700 gets you an extra four minutes, I think. I'm still trying to determine if four minutes is worth it.
2015-2-2
Use props
bdmartens
lvl.2

Saint Martin

My understanding is that an important distinction is that you can't fly in a commercial airplane with the 5700 battery, according to current regulations.  If you had a knowledgeable person check your luggage, you could be denied the battery.  You can, however, fly with the normal battery.  This is discussed more extensively by more knowledgeable people elsewhere on this forum.
2015-2-2
Use props
lcoleman
lvl.2

United States

bdmartens Posted at 2015-2-3 06:41
My understanding is that an important distinction is that you can't fly in a commercial airplane wit ...

My understanding (and hope) after checking an official FAA document is that you can carry on as many of the lower capacity TB47 batteries as you would like and a maximum of 2 of the larger TB48 batteries. The following quote is from the FAA document:

"Passengers can also bring two (2) larger lithium-ion batteries (more than 8 less than 25 grams of equivalent lithium content per battery or about 100-300 watt hours per battery) in their carry-on. This size covers the largest aftermarket extended-life laptop batteries and most lithium-ion batteries for professional-grade audio/visual equipment. Most lithium-ion batteries are below this size."

I plan on flying with 1 or 2 of the larger batteries in a couple of weeks. If anyone can confirm that they are allowed on a commercial flight I would appreciate it.
2015-2-2
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

lcoleman Posted at 2015-2-3 07:06
My understanding (and hope) after checking an official FAA document is that you can carry on as ma ...

There was post a couple of days ago, from a guy showing pics of his inspire onboard a commercial airliner. He said he flew from Austin, TX to puerto Rico?? Or something like that. Said he had no problems. I'm planning on going overseas with my inspire soon. I've read up, from what it seems, we can have them as a carry-on.

Good Luck!!!
2015-2-2
Use props
joekeantang.ema
lvl.4

United States

lcoleman Posted at 2015-2-3 07:06
My understanding (and hope) after checking an official FAA document is that you can carry on as ma ...

actually you can carry 3 TB48 if one of them is Inside your insoure 1 and unlimited on the TB47
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules