Google Pixel
9125 22 2016-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bradleyrogers23
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Will Mavic Pro be compatible with Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL?
2016-10-16
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Are you referring to the size of the phone or the software?
2016-10-16
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

pixel uses usb c. the mavic will NOT SHIP with a usb c cable. you will have to purchase an accessory cable avail for order in the dji store.
2016-10-16
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2016-10-16 16:53
pixel uses usb c. the mavic will NOT SHIP with a usb c cable. you will have to purchase an accessory ...

OR, use any usb-c cable. You CAN connect your phone via the std usb-a on the bottom, onstead of thw oem cable in the micro-usb port, until your oem usb-c arrives.
I would hope the pixel would be compatible. I used android devices with my P4, using the same DJI GO app. The phone software is for all DJI drones, not just the Mavic.
It's easy tp get confused on this... There are probably 100 videos on youtube, and dozens of online reviews, yet none of them show anyone using anything but an iPhone. I don't like iPhone, I no longer own an iPhone, and I will never get another iPhone, so I don't care if it works with iPhone or not. I DO care that it works well with LG, Nexus and Pixel phones. But not to worry... Any Android phone with 4.1 or higher works, but if you are still runnung anything less than Android Lollipop, you are probably due for a newer device, running Marshmellow or better.
2016-10-16
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Software wise the pixel is compatible, as well as the connecting port. My point is there is no usb c cable to ship with the drone so one would need to order from DJI or , yes you shoudl be able to use any off the shelf USB c cable.

There is nothing special about DJIs cable  other than perhaps its a custom size to integrate clean with the drones connecting points
2016-10-17
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft
United States

Dana5, you say, "Any Android phone with 4.1 or higher works," but that is not true.
Ask anyone using a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, running Marshmallow.
The specs are more than sufficient. The OS is recent. Yet it shuts down.
I will be trading in my S5 shortly and am planning on getting the Pixel XL. However, not until I know for sure that it will work.
2016-11-1
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-11-2 09:07
Dana5, you say, "Any Android phone with 4.1 or higher works," but that is not true.
Ask anyone using ...

I am using the Pixel XL. The home button pops up when trying to press the left menu items sometimes, but it has turned out to be a non issue. No other problems so far.
2016-11-1
Use props
fansf906a12b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-11-2 09:07
Ask anyone using ...

I wouldn't assume this. The Sony X performance didn't work with the Phantom 4.
2016-11-1
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
United States

CivEngPE Posted at 2016-11-1 21:40
I am using the Pixel XL. The home button pops up when trying to press the left menu items sometime ...

Thanks. That's good to know.
2016-11-3
Use props
fansa1f0ea71
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

I heard a USB cable is included now. Can anyone confirm?
2016-11-3
Use props
fansa1f0ea71
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

USB C I mean.
2016-11-3
Use props
Sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes it is included..
2016-11-3
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
United States

Just traded in my Galaxy S5 on a Google Pixel.
I was going to get the Pixel XL, but Verizon had a great special going on the iPad 2 mini.
For the price of the XL, I got both the Pixel 128gb and the iPad mini.
Flew with the iPad for the first time this morning.
MUCH nicer experience than flying with my phone.
2016-11-24
Use props
fansabb54d03
New
Flight distance : 879 ft
Argentina

marctronixx Posted at 2016-10-16 13:53
pixel uses usb c. the mavic will NOT SHIP with a usb c cable. you will have to purchase an accessory cable avail for order in the dji store.

actualmente lo han incluido el cable
2017-2-27
Use props
fansabb54d03
New
Flight distance : 879 ft
Argentina

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-11-3 04:31
Thanks. That's good to know.

yo tengo el pixel xl y ni la actualizacion del firmware del mavic no me tomaba y la comunicacion se corta con frecuencia.
2017-2-27
Use props
fans565183da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109150 ft
United Kingdom

The Go 4 app crashes randomly on my Pixel XL. Some flights its perfect, and doesn't crash once. Then on a different flight, it will crash 2 or more times.
I can't reproduce the behavior - it's seems random to me.
2017-2-27
Use props
derekcentrico
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23625 ft
United States

I am having a horrible experience with the Pixel.  It disconnects all the dang time, and now it won't even connect.
2017-3-29
Use props
kaeyalin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153665 ft
United States

Using a Pixel XL.  Early versions of DJI GO 4 would crash often, but the most recent version is more stable (still crashes, but much less often).

All  in all, I'm happy with it and the Mavic.  Can also confirm Mavic included usb-c cable.
2017-3-29
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

my october built mavic came with a usb c cable idk why everyone says it doesnt. but im looking to purchase a pixel xl soon as my nexus 5x is getting outdated and only a matter of time before it gets the infamous boot loop of death. hopefully by then software will be sorted out and working better on the pixel. especially when the pixel 2 comes out which i might just wait for that since its 6 months away from release
2017-3-29
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2016-10-17 05:27
Software wise the pixel is compatible, as well as the connecting port. My point is there is no usb c cable to ship with the drone so one would need to order from DJI or , yes you shoudl be able to use any off the shelf USB c cable.

There is nothing special about DJIs cable  other than perhaps its a custom size to integrate clean with the drones connecting points

Software wise, IT IS NOT compatible with the Google Pixel.  The DJI GO 4 app takes over your phone and will no allow you to exit the program or switch to another app.  Your only solution is to REBOOT your phone.  The app removes all the usual Android icons that are supposed to appear on the bottom of every page, Back, Home, Recent. So you cannot escape the black hole this app puts you in. This is NOT acceptable.  It is 100% repeatable.  Just open the app and click Enter Device and then you are doomed.
2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

BouldersDad Posted at 2016-11-1 17:07
Ask anyone using a Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, running Marshmallow.
The specs are more than sufficient. The OS is recent. Yet it shuts down.

Better not!  Read my post on this topic.  
2017-4-23
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

DonFrench Posted at 2017-4-23 14:28
Software wise, IT IS NOT compatible with the Google Pixel.  The DJI GO 4 app takes over your phone and will no allow you to exit the program or switch to another app.  Your only solution is to REBOOT your phone.  The app removes all the usual Android icons that are supposed to appear on the bottom of every page, Back, Home, Recent. So you cannot escape the black hole this app puts you in. This is NOT acceptable.  It is 100% repeatable.  Just open the app and click Enter Device and then you are doomed.

Just swipe from the bottom of the screen (or right/left side, depending how you orient ypur phone in landscape) and you'll get your back-home-multitask buttons back.

That being said, I still wouldn't recommend flying with Pixel XL, because DJI Go4 charshes like hell on it.
2017-4-23
Use props
DonFrench
lvl.1
United States

AndrewF403 Posted at 2017-4-23 14:39
Just swipe from the bottom of the screen (or right/left side, depending how you orient ypur phone in landscape) and you'll get your back-home-multitask buttons back.

That being said, I still wouldn't recommend flying with Pixel XL, because DJI Go4 charshes like hell on it.

Yeah, I just found that out.  Sorry for the mis-information.  
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules