[Official] Mavic shipping issues
142636 1488 2016-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

usercd4297da46 Posted at 2016-10-19 09:11
Some countries have more reasonable regulations than others. If you are unaware of the regulations  ...

Lack of information that is it! Short and straight to the point, as most of us said we dont mind waiting, all we ask (not from forum mod) but some one official who can just state a date even a week of oct or nov just to be on a safe side in case transportation delays. Thats all we ask. Get your finger out of ur ar*** and speak to us dji on customers level,
2016-10-19
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

ed_windham@yaho Posted at 2016-10-18 15:31
I see everyone is having fun.  Can I dispel some rumors?  You can believe me or not.  What I am tryi ...

That seems like fluff.Even if DJI only had 100 units ready by now then 100 should have shipped. Yet as far as we know ZERO have shipped to retail customers.

Come on and give us the truth.  "Overwhelmimg demand" is no reason at all to not have shipped ANY.
2016-10-19
Use props
VoWCD34CPa7k
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423740 ft
United Kingdom

kevinelliott Posted at 2016-10-19 04:22
OK, so here's the deal. There is likely a trademark issue and DJI can't talk about it until they hav ...

Would DJI not file the Trademark as MAVIC PRO?

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/015905938
2016-10-19
Use props
hashtag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1716 ft
United Kingdom

Message Body

On live chat yesterday I was told delivery soon. I answered, tomorrow, next month, next year or soon when. I didn't receive a reply. Quite obviously the launce of the Mavic was brought forward to take orders from DJis competitors even they there was no honest date for delivery. I sold my Phantom 4  last week expecting my Mavic to arrive about now. It is becoming issue of can you trust DJi. They know what the problem is, if they wont tell you it must be a major problem. If I don't get an honest answer I will cancel the Mavic and look elsewhere.  All I want is the truth and a delivery date.
2016-10-19
Use props
GREY C
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

usercd4297da46 Posted at 2016-10-19 16:11
Some countries have more reasonable regulations than others. If you are unaware of the regulations  ...

I totally agree with you lack of information and lack of knowing your the supply and demand this would of taken, if you have a date specify that means you have in the warehouse an amount to cover those sales, but I am guessing that they did not have neither the stock or the time to predict this erroneous and misleading a public who has own drones and those who were expecting to get new amount of consumers in their pre orders. This is how many corporations are heading they don't want to lose money in investing something that could go wrong and if it does they don't lose money, but if it goes right they cannot supply the demand... Now they are stuck with a huge amount of orders and they have not even cover for that demand. Also the price is lower than the Karma if you think about it so people that would research would invest in something that has more technology in it than something that does not, and its beginning in the drone business example GoPro. DJI fear that most people would buy the Karma let them buy the Karma but don't go ahead of them thinking your going to have to manufacture an amount of drones that your manufacture requires as a minimum, to even start manufacturing... Afraid of start the production and not sell and get stuck with a bunch of drones that you think Go Pro came out first. Please if your is way better it will sell itself, and if not look how much you guys have moved in just a short amount of days all the sales in just one short period not only that the campaign marketing they did for the you tubers who got one for free and those who test them in the demo spots in different locations through out the world.... But don't act like you had the units to cover the demand that you were not expecting... Its called first manufacture stock up and then sell. Stop doing what Apple does that they bring out a new device and then tell you a date and then not meet the demand and push the waiting period with no expected specific date. Look what happen to apple overtime they change or come up with a new design for their devices they have not manufacture for the expected demand but yet go on sale with no risk in losing money.... Stop thinking about money business is business you stock up and sell if you sell but don't stock up then your in trouble because this will always happen no matter what happen and believe me you know this would happen because i bet your DJI clients were claiming this kind of new drone for many years and now they act like they did not know they would sell like hot cakes.
2016-10-19
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

I kinda feel sorry for the DJI  tech and forum support people trying to hold back the crowds while the people who have the knowledge and aren't sharing it with anyone aren't feeling the customer wrath first hand.  

It's a pretty crappy feeling to be tossed under the bus by upper management.
2016-10-19
Use props
pdbim25eeT7h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Agree, hope they are paying these guys well. Fighting an army by themselves. The Sh#t seems to have hit the propeller hard this time.
2016-10-19
Use props
Richis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24925 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 23:02
That's totally understandable and your are fully entitled to cancel and get a refund.
Again, I can ...

I think everyone understand that it's high demand product. But where is any number of it? They said they will start shipping on 15th without having a single one made? Weird... and annoying....
2016-10-19
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

Richis Posted at 2016-10-19 10:47
I think everyone understand that it's high demand product. But where is any number of it? They sai ...

Who said that they did not start shipping at all? Of course you will only see those people complaining who did not receive their Mavic yet, but that doesn't mean that they did not start shipping at all. That email that they sent yesterday might have only been sent to people whose drone wasn't shipped yet!

Just calm down guys!
2016-10-19
Use props
lclerc69
lvl.2

i hope it's not the same issu than the samsung galaxy note 7
2016-10-19
Use props
terminat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

i'm really looking forward t buy my first drone.. and this Mavic pro is really what i'm looking for ! In middle of november i'll go in holiday in Thailand and i'd LOVE to have something like this to get some aerial footage...
THANK GOD i did NOT pre-order... i'm reading everyday on the forum what is going on and is so frustrating !!! The biggest thing is the lack of information.. if you'd say " guys shipping will be delayed of ONE month " at the begin.. then people would wait.. be patient.. but excuses like " ehem.. today is raining.. .. tomorrow is saturday... maybe is getting cold.. school is starting next week " those sort of excuses make people SICK .. cause let's be clear lots of us are saving money to buy such an expensive " toy " and none wants to be riddled about it !
I really want to buy it .. i hope it goes out soon especially for those who gave u trust to PRE order it !
good luck guys
2016-10-19
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-18 22:51
Who said that they did not start shipping at all? Of course you will only see those people complai ...

If they had shipped any real number at all someone in this forum/reddit/youtube would be saying something.  Many of the people complaining ordered within hours of the announcement.

No, i do not beleive any retial order has been shipped yet.  Someone - either customer or DJI would have said something.
2016-10-19
Use props
Richis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24925 ft
United Kingdom

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 09:51
Who said that they did not start shipping at all? Of course you will only see those people complai ...

Well with the product that good i strongly believe that you would see some videos on youtube or in here that people started to receive it. I can't say that they didn't send any but i believe thats how it is. And if they sent some they would say that "we started deliveries" not "we will ship as soon as we can". When i spoke on live chat the guy said that my order is no. 139., i ordered on 27th of October, if it's first come first serve that means they don't even have 140 units made?
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

I find it very strange that both the Mavic and Karma are both now delayed without a shipping date, sounds like both companies are playing devils advocate!
2016-10-19
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>

The question now is when start waranty when it will be deliverd or from data order, for other more wait you can resell it dobuble price ehehe
2016-10-19
Use props
taneks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205771 ft
Singapore

Was in Shanghai yesterday and thought I could pick up a mavic for myself from a dealer or the dji store.. No such luck. Told me to come back end of the month!
2016-10-19
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Germany

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 11:05
I find it very strange that both the Mavic and Karma are both now delayed without a shipping date, s ...

Where is that rumor coming from the the Karma was delayed? I did not see any official communication on this.
2016-10-19
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 10:08
Where is that rumor coming from the the Karma was delayed? I did not see any official communicatio ...

I haven't seen any official announcement either buddy, but I just so happen to be in talks with a gopro tech as my hero 4 is going in for warranty, he told me that there is now NO release date for the karma in europe...mental!
2016-10-19
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 199475 ft
Germany

Has DJI closed their Pre-Sales Chat Service? I cant find it anymore
2016-10-19
Use props
npole
lvl.1

Italy

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 10:51

Considering the number of people (including me) that have bought it within the first minutes (thousands?) of when the site have been launched, and considering the fact that none have given any evidence of a issued tracking number, the logic says that they aren't shipping anything at all, so we struggle to understand where this "full production" force is going.
What you suggest, is that they are shipping the product only to "silent" people who doesn't know about internet, this forum, reddit or that are not sharing their enthusiasm on the net... something hard to believe, considering that the persons who are supposed to receive it for first are those ones who run on their website, so you think it's about people who really know about internet, this forum, reddit and whatever.
As you see, the logic and the common sense says, with a 99.9% accuracy, that they are not shipping anything, probably because they haven't anything to ship at all.
2016-10-19
Use props
i3fEHmHyAZjU
lvl.1

Hey everybody

What i find weird is that Dji not even shipped one mavic ?

I read a reply of Dji saying that they are producing mavic 24 hours a day ?

Where are all those mavic's ?

It can't be that hard to tell your customers, when the product will be shipped

Dji did a presentation in the Apple style, but i wished they also shipped in the Apple way
2016-10-19
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I think if we push hard enough especially with youtube media they surley cant ignore this much longer, i understand chat support gets limited info and if they dont know they dont simple as that.

Its them up the top who needs to realise all this same talk over and over again just put differently is agitating people and DJI is making themselves look bad. And its not going to stop untill we get some proper info on what is happening with our products.
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

Maverikster Posted at 2016-10-19 15:34
Of course, there are other ways to make money with money. Btw, you'll have to teach me how to make ...

I'll teach you everything you need to know about day trading (and trading stocks or alt coins in general):

BUY LOW, SELL HIGH.

No really, that's all you need to know. Too many people get so wrapped up in all the details that they violate this. I see people on StockTwits all the time talk about how they sold a stock for a loss... and of course, only for it to go back up a few days later. WHAT?! Never, never, never sell a stock for a loss. Sit on it if you must, but don't sell it. There are a few circumstances that selling for a loss is fine though (such as something you wish to exit from entirely and want the capital loss tax write off, or perhaps you need emergency surgery or have to pay an urgent bill (rent)).

As for trading strategies beyond that, it definitely can get complicated, but most of the practices are kind of like religion -- it's based on belief and some loose facts.
2016-10-19
Use props
U7pe6v6ud9EZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

npole Posted at 2016-10-19 10:13
Considering the number of people (including me) that have bought it within the first minutes (thous ...

I agree, it would only take one vital component that DJI has problems obtaining to stop the entire production.
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2016-10-19 16:16
Tahoe Ed is North America Forum Support and is responsible for many of the reps who post on here,  ...

No, the guy I'm talking about was ed_windham and at the time of the posts he had no DJI avatar and no indicator on his profile that he was related to DJI at all. Once someone mentioned who he was (i.e. Tahoe Ed), then yeah, it started to make sense.

I'm noticing now he has a DJI avatar (didn't before).
2016-10-19
Use props
Jungleboy
lvl.1
Germany

Travis199 Posted at 2016-10-19 11:10
I haven't seen any official announcement either buddy, but I just so happen to be in talks with a  ...

I just noticed that the release date on their homepage has been removed! Might be a hint!
2016-10-19
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Jungleboy Posted at 2016-10-19 10:21
I just noticed that the release date on their homepage has been removed! Might be a hint!

Its been removed about 12 hours ago i think as some one mention in other thread that dji forum mod closed/deleted
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

VoWCD34CPa7k Posted at 2016-10-19 16:27
Would DJI not file the Trademark as MAVIC PRO?

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademar ...

Except that they also filed for MAVIC in the EU:

https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/015750128

No oppositions filed (you'd expect one from MAVIC SAS), but that doesn't mean it's not being handled "off system" privately.
2016-10-19
Use props
U7pe6v6ud9EZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Would be interesting to see what Chinese Mavic customers are saying on their websites.
2016-10-19
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

So how about that Chinese dude who did an unboxing? I'm guessing his Mavic was shipped to him, yeah?
2016-10-19
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4

VoWCD34CPa7k Posted at 2016-10-19 15:20
Does anybody in the 'know', know roughly how long it can take to complete a Trademark Application?

Yes.

It took me 8 months from application to being awarded the trademark/wordmark. More complicated trademarks can take even longer (when you are applying for more categories than I did).

https://trademarks.justia.com/865/10/welike-86510470.html

Also, during the opposition period (from 1 to 2 months depending on which country) another company can oppose your application and present proof of their ownership, or identify other issues.
2016-10-19
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Hong Kong

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-19 05:27
So how about that Chinese dude who did an unboxing? I'm guessing his Mavic was shipped to him, yeah?

http://bbs.dji.com/forum.php?mod ... peid&typeid=208

Use Google Translate.
2016-10-19
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Germany

I still hope that dji is doing a big joke to us and started shipping without a tracking info :-D
So that we all get it and we are confused and happy :-P
2016-10-19
Use props
sergey.fedak
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dji Mavic production is in full swing {:4_157:}
image.jpeg
2016-10-19
Use props
gK2xY4YBfh64
lvl.2

United States

==============================================================================

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for emailing DJI online store.

Due to great amount of emails, we may not be able to respond your email very soon. We would appreciate your kind patience.
Any urgent request, please visit the following URL to chat with us online. store.dji.com

For your questions mentioned above, here are the answers for your reference.
1. Do you intend to compensate valued customers for the inconvenience? (e.g. discount, free gift/merchandise, DJI credit,...)
Sorry to say we are unable to offer any compensation for the delay of first branch order.

2. Have there been shipped any Mavic's at all, or not even one?
Due to unexpectedly strong global demand, Mavic Pro pre-order shipments have unfortunately been delayed. So far we haven't started the shipping for Mavic orders.

2016-10-19
Use props
Linsenfest
lvl.3
Germany

gK2xY4YBfh64 Posted at 2016-10-19 11:38

Dear valued customer ...

hmmm what do you mean by that?

Edit: Ahh ok sry
2016-10-19
Use props
df4CZECQEhKc
New

United States

Ordered mine on 14th of Oct. I wonder if mine will be here by Jan of next year LMAO!!!
2016-10-19
Use props
conrad.civils
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15331 ft
South Africa

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-19
Use props
aaronspence
lvl.2

United Kingdom

UK reseller Jessops still saying first batch on for delivery tomorrow. Im beginning to think they haven't been informed... We will see tomorrow I guess.
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules