New firmware for Mavic Pro has been released(04/05/2017)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans88cb2143
New

Germany

update failed with code 0x02010003
2017-2-16
Use props
Bradz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I think my RTH height was reset in this update.  Can this be confirmed?  Its pretty dangerous if so.
2017-2-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bradz Posted at 2017-2-16 03:49
Not sure if this has been mentioned but I think my RTH height was reset in this update.  Can this be confirmed?  Its pretty dangerous if so.

Yes it has been reset along with multi flight modes and several other settings, this has happened many times before, just go back through all your settings.
2017-2-16
Use props
keith55
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is there information anywhere on the size of the download?
2017-2-16
Use props
Bradz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-16 04:12
Yes it has been reset along with multi flight modes and several other settings, this has happened many times before, just go back through all your settings.

It doesn't state that in release notes.  This should be addressed!
2017-2-16
Use props
user1981787f68
lvl.1

Denmark

Just did the latest update and went out for a test flight. I flew upwards and away from my house for 100 meters then the drone suddenly switched to atti mode and flew back towards me at full speed out of control for 300 meters. Then gps mode came back in and I could regain control and land my aircraft. Very scary to see it do this and not respond to any of my commands, is there an issue with the latest update?
2017-2-16
Use props
user1981787f68
lvl.1

Denmark

user1981787f68 Posted at 2017-2-16 05:13
Just did the latest update and went out for a test flight. I flew upwards and away from my house for 100 meters then the drone suddenly switched to atti mode and flew back towards me at full speed out of control for 300 meters. Then gps mode came back in and I could regain control and land my aircraft. Very scary to see it do this and not respond to any of my commands, is there an issue with the latest update?

Just checked the flight record it went from 18 satellites to zero in an instant and gave me a warning. Satellite positioning off just before it flew out of control
2017-2-16
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

keith55 Posted at 2017-2-16 04:38
Is there information anywhere on the size of the download?

It's well over 100mb, I suspect about 150mb
2017-2-16
Use props
mc1984
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5315 ft
United Kingdom

Updated to the new firmware and am now getting 'Ultrasound Module Error' every time I go to take off. Have tried factory resetting the drone and downgrading and upgrading the drone firmware but the message shows up on the latest version. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? (Other than having to send it to DJI for repair, something I'd like to avoid at all costs).
2017-2-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Bradz Posted at 2017-2-16 03:49

You should confirm that value every flight anyway.  I confirm ALL settings (even camera) before firing up the motors.  Takes 20 seconds to quickly scan through for me now.
2017-2-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mc1984 Posted at 2017-2-16 07:29
Updated to the new firmware and am now getting 'Ultrasound Module Error' every time I go to take off. Have tried factory resetting the drone and downgrading and upgrading the drone firmware but the message shows up on the latest version. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? (Other than having to send it to DJI for repair, something I'd like to avoid at all costs).

Apparently you were having VPS issues and didn't know , so yes,  it will have to go back for repair....
2017-2-16
Use props
ClancyO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296053 ft
United States

Upgrade went smooth, no issues via Assistant.  Had a couple test flights with no issues.  No issues to report with the Go 4 (4.0.4) app either.  Knocking on wood!
2017-2-16
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

4wd Posted at 2017-2-16 05:47
It's well over 100mb, I suspect about 150mb

You are correct.  I noticed it was at 150 mb when the update started.
2017-2-16
Use props
fans2c956ccc
New

Canada

Is there anybody out there who struggled to "climb up"? Today I noticed lots of hiccups and basically the quad didn't seem to respond when i was telling him to go higher..
Other than that the updates looks ok so far.

2017-2-16
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mc1984 Posted at 2017-2-16 07:29

Have you calibrate the VPS yet?
Use assistant 2 from PC or Mac, connect your Mavic to the computer then calibrate the vps
2017-2-16
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

So does the mavic not have the restrictions for firmware downgrades? Can you go back more than one version if needed?
2017-2-16
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-16 18:05
So does the mavic not have the restrictions for firmware downgrades? Can you go back more than one version if needed?

I can see verson 400 (current), 300 and 200 in DJI Assistant
so you can downgrade to 300 or 200

Regards
2017-2-16
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-15 20:22
Last time I did a firmware update I needed to also do my batteries -- not this time. Was anyone prompted to update their batteries? Update was via Go 4.x.

I am also curious about this. I updated via DJI assistant 2 and when I put my other batteries in the Mavic and reconnected to the app it said the version was current. Past update required each battery to be updated if I remember correctly.
2017-2-16
Use props
ReganJay
New

Australia

My update failed yesterday at 83%. since then I've had major issues. Gimble errors, wheel cntr errors and ultrasonic errors. Also, the DJI Go 4 app is now corrupted and any recordings made thru it only store on the phone via wifi, nothing is storing on the SD card. I have found however that if I use the DJI Go app instead that it records normally on to the SD.

Anyone else had these issues?

I've contacted support, but no real help
2017-2-16
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

just upgraded via the DJI GO4 app on my I Pad mini 2 without any issues......had to reset my RTH altitude, EXP settings, and I think a few others.....Doesn't appear the batteries required an update. Will test fly this weekend.
2017-2-16
Use props
Luchian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6706 ft
Romania

Updated with DJI GO4 (Android) without any problems. This weekend will fly to test if everything is ok...
2017-2-16
Use props
BreitlingCSO
New

United States

ReganJay Posted at 2017-2-16 21:19
My update failed yesterday at 83%. since then I've had major issues. Gimble errors, wheel cntr errors and ultrasonic errors. Also, the DJI Go 4 app is now corrupted and any recordings made thru it only store on the phone via wifi, nothing is storing on the SD card. I have found however that if I use the DJI Go app instead that it records normally on to the SD.

Anyone else had these issues?

Mine sat at 83% for about 12min and I was starting to think I had a problem. But then it finished fine. Total update took me about 30min.
2017-2-17
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849367 ft
United Kingdom

fans2c956ccc Posted at 2017-2-16 13:17
Is there anybody out there who struggled to "climb up"? Today I noticed lots of hiccups and basically the quad didn't seem to respond when i was telling him to go higher..
Other than that the updates looks ok so far.

I flew with new firmware today and i had a bit of a hiccup going forward, full throttle was delayed by like 2 seconds. i pushed forward and it inches forward slowly as if in tripod mode then reacts after two seconds and bolts forward, never had that on previous firmware.

2017-2-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

magstauk Posted at 2017-2-17 05:24
I flew with new firmware today and i had a bit of a hiccup going forward, full throttle was delayed by like 2 seconds. i pushed forward and it inches forward slowly as if in tripod mode then reacts after two seconds and bolts forward, never had that on previous firmware.

I've found that sometimes several reboots are necessary after firmware updates, even the tablet or smartphone you are using.
2017-2-17
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Test flight today on .0400 ,  totally great so far ! rock solid,  perfect video,  better dynamic range and sharp focus all over,  (not sure if anything was or wasnt done in firmware for focus),  all bars full on HD, RC and SATs for whole flight,   i did however,  check  ( AS YOU SHOULD) after a firmware update, and put my personal settings back in, ( in most other RC craft this is fairly normal to HAVE to do it)  i also carefully calibrated ALL items,    so IMU, CAM, RC STICKS,  VPS and COMPASS ( again, as you should after a firmware update)  mine is running through a motorola play x android phone (with minor mod to R/H side cheek plate) i have always used this in "Airplane" mode up till now , but as i want to try live stream soon, i thought i would leave it, and it all behaved as expected, i did get a high wind warning, and it was right !  at 100mtrs up it was pretty windy,  at ground level it was barely a breeze.

my pointers to anyone new to hobby and this aircraft:-

1) Take your time and care with upgrades ( dont be to hasty to switch off or disconnect during the upgrade)
2) Ensure to do ALL calibrations by the book and as acurate as possible ( dont make do if its not dead on do it again)
3) After the update,  YOU MUST check each and every setting in GO4 app ( dont be tempted to think you cant be A**ed this time)
4) VERY carefully check the entire craft before flying it after an update, its easier then to be subjective about the upgrade.
5) Any first flight after firmware upgrades should be in wide area away from people animals and houses, so that you can concentrate fully on the craft itself
6) Be aware USB and Micro USB connections are poor and fragile generally, look after your leads and connectors as best you can, they can and do fail.

good luck
2017-2-17
Use props
blackite
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133927 ft
Hong Kong

Smooth on Android Galaxy S7. I got the sensor error but it was OK after restart. I hoped we can get the focus peaking with this upgrade but I guess we need to wait a bit longer. I will fly it tomorrow and report back. The spelling mistake in camera in long "explosure"  is still there.

Good luck and cheers everybody
2017-2-17
Use props
fans424d58e5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1292339 ft
  • >>>
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-2-17 06:09
Test flight today on .0400 ,  totally great so far ! rock solid,  perfect video,  better dynamic range and sharp focus all over,  (not sure if anything was or wasnt done in firmware for focus),  all bars full on HD, RC and SATs for whole flight,   i did however,  check  ( AS YOU SHOULD) after a firmware update, and put my personal settings back in, ( in most other RC craft this is fairly normal to HAVE to do it)  i also carefully calibrated ALL items,    so IMU, CAM, RC STICKS,  VPS and COMPASS ( again, as you should after a firmware update)  mine is running through a motorola play x android phone (with minor mod to R/H side cheek plate) i have always used this in "Airplane" mode up till now , but as i want to try live stream soon, i thought i would leave it, and it all behaved as expected, i did get a high wind warning, and it was right !  at 100mtrs up it was pretty windy,  at ground level it was barely a breeze.

my pointers to anyone new to hobby and this aircraft:-

Thanks for the good advice that all makes perfect sense.
But why am i scared to upgrade, especially when my craft is working perfectly.
MAVIC PRO.jpg
2017-2-17
Use props
fanseb96bbe7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5653 ft
  • >>>
United States

Worked like a charm.
2017-2-17
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans424d58e5 Posted at 2017-2-17 07:39
Thanks for the good advice that all makes perfect sense.
But why am i scared to upgrade, especially when my craft is working perfectly.

Hell yeah i am scared too,  DJI history of hardware is generally good,   the history of software/firmware though is just downright scarey,  i have locked a tablet to my inspire and removed ALL internet from it as i fly it professionally and cannot be playing and faffing with firmware when i am working,  ok sadly i loose many features, but that is the price i have to pay,  i still fly my mavic with my phone at the momment and feel there is still firmware improvement potential in the craft,  as soon as it becomes stable i will lock another mini tablet or device to it also,  sadly i wanted this machine with live stream feature and maps etc,   so i sit in the same line as everyone else with these issues of appauling firmware/software,  i fly race drones as well,  they are far simpler as you can go right into the nuts and bolts of the firmware, and program it as you wish it to fly it.
2017-2-17
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

hi just updated to version 01030400 latest firmware,now it flies like its stuck in tripod mode,i did the imu cali but it still has hardly any forward motion at full throttle,any ideas would be welcome,everything was fine before the update :/
2017-2-17
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

bomberuk Posted at 2017-2-17 10:01
hi just updated to version 01030400 latest firmware,now it flies like its stuck in tripod mode,i did the imu cali but it still has hardly any forward motion at full throttle,any ideas would be welcome,everything was fine before the update :/

Hmmm, i think a few people have reported this...Did you try a full factory reset after the update?
2017-2-17
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

BreitlingCSO Posted at 2017-2-17 05:18
Mine sat at 83% for about 12min and I was starting to think I had a problem. But then it finished fine. Total update took me about 30min.

This was my experience as well.  It stuck at 83% for at least 10 minutes with an amber light flashing.  I didn't appear to be moving forward.  I was just about ready to restart and try again, when all of a sudden I got flashing green light and the update progress continued through completion.  Took about 30 minutes for me.....
2017-2-17
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-2-17 10:53
This was my experience as well.  It stuck at 83% for at least 10 minutes with an amber light flashing.  I didn't appear to be moving forward.  I was just about ready to restart and try again, when all of a sudden I got flashing green light and the update progress continued through completion.  Took about 30 minutes for me.....

Same here. Sat for what seemed like 15 minutes at 83% flashing yellow. Then rebooted and completed. Done today.
2017-2-17
Use props
Cas7or
New

Bulgaria

tried to update to .400 I got stuck at 78% and since have been getting the following errors: 0x02010003 (initially) and now consistently 0x02010006. Now I have FW mismatch because my RC is .400 and Mavic is .300. I really need my drone to be able to fly in 11h. Please help.

2017-2-17
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-17 10:20
Hmmm, i think a few people have reported this...Did you try a full factory reset after the update?

what i did was to turn of the forward sensors that brought back full forward motion,i also did a downgrade to a previous firmware version but that didnt fix it.
2017-2-17
Use props
fans0296b6e0
lvl.4
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-2-17 10:53

Same exact experience for me and, as I have only had my Mavic for less than a week, it made me very nervous.  When it reset the back light to green and the upgrade continued I breathed a deep sigh of relief.

Thanks for all the helpful posts and I think the support on this thread is great for the noobs like me.
2017-2-17
Use props
fans04be7a96
lvl.1
United States

Just let the update run...takes about 30 minutes and does seem to freeze...also this is a reply from an earlier thread but applies here as well:
Hello everyone. I have been experiencing the same issues with my Mavic. After the update it would drift, yaw and lose GPS as mentioned above and in other threads. My solution that worked for me was as follows.  I went to a park that was very open, no metal or powerlines  anywhere nearby. I took my launch platform and a level. got the platform level in three planes and calibrated the IMU, the controller, the Compass uninstalled the Go 4 app and reinstalled (at home on wifi) it before pairing it to the Mavic. I turned everything on, shut down and re-calibrated everything again making sure the platform was still level. After doing the IMU, compass (with the controller 20 feet away and nothing in my pockets), gimble (just because I had a perfectly level area) I installed a new battery and launched it in a pretty stiff breeze...and it is once again ROCK SOLID and flying as it did the first time I got it. I flew it for three batteries and never had a GPS signal drop or anything...flew perfectly. I did all this after the update in my yard but I have a power drop to the house and didnt have everything perfectly level and such so I think that was the issue. I may try to install the latest update and repeat the sequence at the park tomorrow and see if its the update that isnt working (doubt it) or if I was trying to do the calibrations in an area that wasnt a good area to calibrate in. I will post tomorrow or Sunday with the results knowing I can go back to the .300 update that is working as it should. I hope others have as much success as I did.  I was truely ready to sell the dang thing and was so frustrated with all of it.  Best of luck!
2017-2-17
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Updated.. 3 batteries ..all seems OK

But video seems breaking sometimes at 400m...
2017-2-17
Use props
Andyg01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256624 ft
United Kingdom

There are definitely some changes how the avoidance is working. I noticed if you walk towards the Mavic so it detects you and them move back away ... it will move towards you and not stay in the original position.
2017-2-18
Use props
Jpap81
lvl.1

Greece

For me the avoidance became more sensitive to direct sun light. I knew that direct sun light was able to trigger the obstacle avoidance, I just feel that after the upgrade I receive more falsely triggers than before.
2017-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules