Great idea needs some help
985 4 2016-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buffman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199268 ft
Australia

I like the idea of this unit but I think it needs some more thought. For one I think we all know weight is the biggest issue for this kind of application and I’m sure they will continue to improve the unit as well as battery technology will improve in the near future. Things I think you need to look at is real world testing with real farmers around the world as spraying products is different depending on the country and crop types. the other thing is I think the phone or IPad needs to be integrated for ease of use, this may mean you will have to have a simpler display may even look at some of the current software farmers are currently using in there spraying equipment, I know when I’m showing other farmers my inspire controls/screen, I can see the confusion starting to take hold. I think swarm technology could help allot with having say 4 units ready to go so you can cover an area quicker and less fill ups per copter. I think grid out lays (field patterns) would make a quicker setup for farmers (being able to draw a fence perimeter and overlay a flight grid to spay a field without missing areas) keep in mind the different field types like centre pivots and trees etc.

Some may say what farmer would buy 4 units and the huge cost of it, well keep in mind farmers are already forking out huge money into spraying equipment to better manage crops and lessen the impact of using equipment, I see here in Australia farmers are buying larger spray units and larger spray booms to lessen wheel tracks due to compaction and crop loss. I myself have purchased a large spray unit to lessen this problem as I calculated I was running over so much crop with my tractor that I could pay off this new spray unit in 6 years with the extra I gained. imagine how much I would save with no wheel tracks in my crop so I do see potential.

If DJI are interested in help, feedback and testing, I am happy to help as I am a 5 gen farmer, have a good grasp of technology and have 3 DJI platforms.

2016-10-31
Use props
Yashenka
New

Hong Kong

Nice thoughts, do you have any MG-1 already, maybe some feedback after you using this product will be more helpful for the Agras team.
2016-10-31
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United Kingdom

Nice try For free Agras. As for display one isn't needed as at the moment no camera & information (height & amount of spray is via leds on the RC. A preprogrammed flight path can be done with Ground Station.
2016-11-1
Use props
Buffman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199268 ft
Australia

unfortunately the current model will be of no use at its current state for my operation, I would be more interested in the developing of the next one, if I had a use for the current one even for remote spot spraying I would purchase one (it would need camera for remote spot spraying).
2016-11-1
Use props
fans328e606e
lvl.1
Greece

broadlandboy Posted at 2016-11-1 00:03
Nice try For free Agras. As for display one isn't needed as at the moment no camera & information (height & amount of spray is via leds on the RC. A preprogrammed flight path can be done with Ground Station.

Hi, have you tried to use ground station in Agras? I would be happy if i knew that i can prepare my mission in the ground station. Which ground station do you mean: Ground station pro or Ground Station PC?
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules