1532 9 2016-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050335 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have received my Mavic Pro yesterday but after getting it set up and doing online investigation (I have been flying drones for 3 years without a single crash, I know what I am doing)
and it seems the Mavic, right now, is basically not fit to fly.

Let me explain.

Apart from multiple reports coming in from various users of the mavic loosing control and doing its own thing or becoming uncontrollable, I tried to calibrate the thumbsticks but it doesnt work. The DJI Assistant Software V2 does not allow emails with HYPHENs in them, which means I can not use it to check/calibrate and update the aircraft.

Upon loading the DJI Go app (on Android, Samsung S6 Edge) and going into the Remote Controller Calibration screen to start the calibration.
I can press start and do the thing but when finished I am suppsed to click Done, this however does not work. There is no way for me to ever finish the calibration. Worse, it seems the bad values are saved and you can not change them at all.

Edit: It worked after serveral attempts to save the values, although I am unsure how trustworthy that is.
May this also affect IMU calibration though, more checking is needed

2016-11-1
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app?
2016-11-1
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did not have to, it worked in the end. Point is that it doesnt seem to be a reliable calibration if it sometimes works, sometimes doesnt.
I never had this sort of behavior with any of their other aircraft.

I would be very cautious with this thing at the moment
2016-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If the RC calibration is worked.Please don't worry about it.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let us know.
2016-11-1
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Hi DJI Mindy, you do not understand your customer. Please read what JBSonic is saying "Point is that it doesnt seem to be a reliable calibration if it sometimes works, sometimes doesnt."
This is meaning that customers are having doubt about the craft and software functioning.
It's not about that calibration after a few attempt is working ok.. it about those times it does not work.
To much problems are rising on this forum, this is why is saying to be very cautious.
I even want to express myself by saying that I do not want to use the Mavic until these problems are being solved.
For this moment I'm putting my order on hold at my dealer, he can keep it for now.
2016-11-1
Use props
jfxjlm
lvl.2

United States

I also have the unable to press done issue. I emailed DJI and they requested some screenshots etc. No fix yet. I can't wait for new firmware to be released that may fix numerous issues.
2016-11-1
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont like not understanding things, so I looked again to see why it would work sometimes and not other times.

Its quite simple not DJIs fault, although they should make it more clear as what you have to do, because it does not tell you.

When you press start to calibrate the sticks, you notice that every now and then while moving the sticks along their 100% input values around the edges they leave behind blue dots/lines.
It appears that you are supposed create a perfect square with both sticks, even just 1 hole so to speak in the square will not allow you to finish.

This is easily fixed on DJIs side, simply add the text: "Move both sticks around until the square is entirely highlighted"
At the moment it does not say that, leaving people wondering why they can not complete this.

I am sorry that I did not understand this before (this is unlike their other aircraft)
But now at least others will know what to do
2016-11-1
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

JBSonic, great you've found the sollution to your problem. With your information, DJI is being able to help other customers because they understand more clearly what could be going on. Thank for your explanation, hopefully DJI does add some text so that people that do not read this forum also understand the correct way of performing a controller calibration.
2016-11-1
Use props
3hd9Aq2UtQlM
lvl.2

United States

I too have the same problem, but it is not resolved through any recalibration. I go slowly and fill all of the lines. I can finish the calibration, but the sticks still default to not being centered.
2016-11-1
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2016-11-1 04:52
Hi DJI Mindy, you do not understand your customer. Please read what JBSonic is saying "Point is that ...

She apparently doesn't "get it"! Basically she is saying, "well, if it wasn't working earlier but it is now you "should" be fine, go ahead and fly."

I would have felt better if the response was..." Engineers are looking into it, can you please send us more info so we can fix your aircraft"

Question......

Is DJI Care worth it? It seems like DJI might try to give everyone the "run around" if they need a replacement Mavic
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules