Flight Logs Wrong, Additional Drones Showing
3874 33 2016-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans572ddad2
lvl.2

United States

I've had my Phantom 3 Standard since mid Feb 2016.

By March, I had 50+ filghts, all synced to the cloud.

Around mid March there was an update to the Go app, and my flight logs were gone. Syncing did not help.
The actual flight logs were still store in my phone storage, but all those prior flight logs would not show up.

I started a support thread (wasn't there a Go app support section before?) and the tech support people looked into it and they basically said "sorry, all is good at our end, so there's noting we can do"

An update or 2 later, the flight logs all began to show up. (It must have been magic)

Now, I am on Go ver. 3.0.1(8) and the problem described below, was present on the last 2 Go app versions.

My profile (the one for me as a human) shows
Flight Total Time 12hr 50 min. & Flight Times 82
There are about 25 flights in the details section showing each flight (there should be 82)

If I swipe right, it shows an Inspire, which I don't own, and never have, with this data
Flight Total Time 6 hr 35 min & Flight Times 42
There are zero flight details below that.

Swiping to the right, it shows my Phantom 3 Standard with the following data
Flight Total Time 6 hr 13 min & Flight Times 38 (should be 82)
The same 25 flights are in the detail section as are in my personal profile (should be 82)

Swiping right again, the app shows another Inspire which again, I have never owned, with the following data
Flight Total Time 0 hr 02 min & Flight Times 1
There are also zero flight records below in the app.

Something got screwed up here obviously.

Here's what I have done to correct.
I have un-installed the Go app, and re-installed it. No improvement.
I factory reset my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4), and fresh installation of the Go app. No improvement.
For fun, I installed the Go app on a 4-1/2 year old android phone, logged in to DJI, and synced. Exact same layout, & all messed up.

There must be something wrong with the files in the cloud.

Mike

2016-11-10
Use props
friedolays777
lvl.1

interested in hearing from DJI here
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please restart your mobile device, connect another network internet and sync again?
What's your DJI account? we'll help you sync it and check the result.
You just synced on your android devices but not IOS, right?
2016-11-10
Use props
shakin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 460039 ft
Ireland

i have a P3S and apparently I fly an Inspire also. If only...
my logs show DJI aircraft,Shanes DJI and then Inspire,all with the same location,Ireland.
Im not bothered though,I can see the relevant information for my P3S
2016-11-11
Use props
Devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

I now seem to have 4 drones now.  And none of the logs are syncing at all now including a flight I made today after the new FW update.  Each one is different, has different aircraft names, and different totals.  I don't know what is going on with DJI - but if I could just return the drone, I would - and just end the madness. Never have I seen something so laden down with inconsistencies while being haled as the market leader.   
2016-11-11
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-11 15:16
Would you please restart your mobile device, connect another network internet and sync again?
What's ...

@DJI Natalia,
When I posted my original post, I didn't realize that I needed to add my username to my profile, so the original post says "fans572ddad2" but my account name is MDowney58.
Can you change the name on the original post?
Am I understanding that you want me to restart my device, and connect the device to a different ISP, then sync?
I did try this after your instructions, but it did not help.
Lastly, I only have Android devices, so I have not used iOS.
Sorry for the delay in getting back, I forgot to log in and see if there was any activity.

2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MDowney58 Posted at 2016-11-22 00:17
@DJI Natalia,
When I posted my original post, I didn't realize that I needed to add my username to ...

Sorry that we could not change the name on the original post.
We have the latest APP V3.1.0, have you tried this one?
2016-11-21
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

i tink this is a conseguence from old firmware 1.6.8 ...every time i had "NO SIGNAL"   a new flight appared in log flights, i only flown 10 times and log was 300
2016-11-22
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-22 14:28
Sorry that we could not change the name on the original post.
We have the latest APP V3.1.0, have  ...

Yes, I am already using v3.1.0, and was when I posted the issue.
2016-11-22
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-11 15:16
What's your DJI account? we'll help you sync it and check the result.

The part you typed about helping me.......
I guess that DJI reps just pop in, make a worthless post, and disappear?
Why do you bother even making posts if you are not going to follow through?
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MDowney58 Posted at 2016-11-28 00:29
The part you typed about helping me.......
I guess that DJI reps just pop in, make a worthless post ...

We have synced the flight records again, but did not find another model as you mentioned (Please check the screenshot).
We followed the case about flight records you're faced with and reported to our engineers to figure out why it acted like this.Very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
F.png
2016-11-27
Use props
Klon
lvl.1

United States

I am also having this issue. My Inspire 1 is showing up as two separate devices, as is my Mavic.  
Is there a way to merge these multiple log sets together?  
2016-11-30
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

P3S owner as well
Screenshot_2016-11-30-11-33-29.png
2016-11-30
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-28 12:23
We have synced the flight records again, but did not find another model as you mentioned (Please check the screenshot).
We followed the case about flight records you're faced with and reported to our engineers to figure out why it acted like this.Very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you for replying.

Well I could post 4 screen shots showing mine, but I think that you understand that there is something wrong, as you can see other members posting theirs.
Please advise the engineers that as I mentioned earlier, I loaded DJI Go onto a fresh phone that had never had the Go app installed before, and when I synced the flight records from your servers, it has four pages that I can swipe through, Me as a pilot, My Phantom 3S, and two other aircraft that I don't own, or ever did own.
Can you explain why the screen shot that you posted appears to have 3 screens that can be swiped through? (the 3 dots near the bottom I suspect means 3 screens)
2016-12-7
Use props
Saskebaby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1017989 ft
Philippines

Me too...had a flight log with an inspire which i don't have any....
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MDowney58 Posted at 2016-12-8 01:29
Thank you for replying.

Well I could post 4 screen shots showing mine, but I think that you understand that there is something wrong, as you can see other members posting theirs.

I've reported this case to our engineers, thank you all for feedback.
For the 3 screens, the first one is the summary page for all your flights, second one is the flight records for your drone, the third one shows just 1 flight record which has been recovered since your APP does not obtain aircraft SN at a time.
2016-12-8
Use props
jerseyff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334816 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-8 21:28
I've reported this case to our engineers, thank you all for feedback.
For the 3 screens, the first one is the summary page for all your flights, second one is the flight records for your drone, the third one shows just 1 flight record which has been recovered since your APP does not obtain aircraft SN at a time.

I too own a P3S, and have a single flight record for an Inpsire...how can I get that removed from my DJI Go app? User: JerseyFF
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jerseyff Posted at 2016-12-9 20:31
I too own a P3S, and have a single flight record for an Inpsire...how can I get that removed from my DJI Go app? User: JerseyFF

Jerseyff, we need the complete e-mail address, thanks.
The additional page for Inspire flight record cannot be removed, we can only remove the flight record by sliding it to left, you will see delete button.
2016-12-9
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 21:48
The additional page for Inspire flight record cannot be removed, we can only remove the flight record by sliding it to left, you will see delete button.

Sadly, it's not that simple.
My third screen (from left to right) shows a Inspire (I guess that's what it is...I don't own one so can't be certain).
That screen says
Flight Total Time
6 hr 35 min
Total Distance
118,949 FT
ETC.
However, when I swipe up to display the records below that screen, there are ZERO records in there.

Sorry, but DJI has made this app, and your users like the app, and we wish that it worked properly!
If I download and pay for any other app that doesn't work correctly, I expect the developer to repair it.

We shouldn't have to just live with a product that doesn't work right, especially when we don't have another option!
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MDowney58 Posted at 2017-1-1 08:35
Sadly, it's not that simple.
My third screen (from left to right) shows a Inspire (I guess that's what it is...I don't own one so can't be certain).
That screen says

You synced the flight records successfully but no records showing on the page?
It's the latest APP? what mobile device you are using?We'd love to locate the problem and hope you enjoy it, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2017-1-1
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-1 22:50
You synced the flight records successfully but no records showing on the page?
It's the latest APP? what mobile device you are using?We'd love to locate the problem and hope you enjoy it, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

@DJI Natalia,
I am the original poster, and as I described in detail in that first post, there are no flight records down below the 2 screens that show a drone that I don't or haven't owned.
When I posted the original post I was using the then most current app, and yes I synced.
Since then, due to the introduction of the total waste called HERE maps, I side loaded version 3.0.1 (8) so as to
have Google maps back.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MDowney58 Posted at 2017-1-3 14:47
@DJI Natalia,
I am the original poster, and as I described in detail in that first post, there are no flight records down below the 2 screens that show a drone that I don't or haven't owned.
When I posted the original post I was using the then most current app, and yes I synced.

We've synced your flight records on our end, there is no problem, and you can see the screenshot uploaded before for your records.
After you installed the old APP version, how about the flight records? still nothing listed on the page?
2017-1-4
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-4 00:12
We've synced your flight records on our end, there is no problem, and you can see the screenshot uploaded before for your records.
After you installed the old APP version, how about the flight records? still nothing listed on the page?

Hi @DJI Natalia,
When I first posted the issue The Go app was the "at the time" most current version. I have always kept the app up to date UNTIL just like many others saw the total garbage HERE maps that the latest version or two provide access to.
Nothing that I do or have done has made any change.
No matter what version app I have, the flight records are not accurate, and there are aircraft showing up that I've never seen.
There are others posting here also that are seeing the same issue.

You can say "We've synced your flight records on our end, and there is no problem....." but that to me indicates laziness at your end. Your response sounds like you are saying that the problem is at our (the users) end.

Keep this in mind. I downloaded the DJI Go app onto a 4 year old Moto RazrMaxx that had never before had the DJI Go app installed on it.
I synced the flight records to YOUR cloud, and it shows exactly what my current device shows.
4 screens, 1) Me, 2) My Phantom 3 Std, and 3&4) 2 screens for an aircraft that I do not, nor ever have owned.
My personal screen shows all my flights, which are split up amongst the 3 aircraft pages.
Page 2 (my Phantom3 Std) only shows part of my flights, both in the stats section, and flight logs below.
The remaining pages for the 2 unknown aircraft show some stats for flights, but no logs for either when I swipe up on either of those 2.
That device (the RazrMaxx) could only get the data from your server, so it is obvious that
the problem has to be at your end, and from what I and others have explained, for the people at your end to just sync the data onto a test device, and not see the problem, then just drop the issue saying "It's not at our end" is pure laziness, and does not promote good relationships between those of us who purchased DJI product, and your support personnel.

Please escalate this issue somewhere up the chain to someone who will really try to help solve the issue.

EDIT:
After posting the above, I read back through this entire thread, and on post # 16 you said

"I've reported this case to our engineers, thank you all for feedback.
"
My suspision is that both of the pages in my app that show flight stats but zero logs are probably related to the same problem....flights in the logs that don't have a serial number in them.

Mike
2017-1-8
Use props
Reto75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 571053 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

I have the same problem
Screen 1: Overview --> OK
Screen 2: Mavic Pro  --> OK
Screen 3: Phantom 4 Pro --> OK
Screen 4: DJI Aircraft --> Wrong, no flights and shows an Inspire 1 Icon
Screen 5: Mavic Pro --> Wrong, just on flight that should be logged on Screen 2

I have this in DJI GO and DJI GO 4, I cleared on both apps the local cache and did a frsh sync from the servers.

Thanks,
Reto
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MDowney58 Posted at 2017-1-8 12:59
Hi @DJI Natalia,
When I first posted the issue The Go app was the "at the time" most current version. I have always kept the app up to date UNTIL just like many others saw the total garbage HERE maps that the latest version or two provide access to.
Nothing that I do or have done has made any change.

We really understand your feeling and want to try our best to help you, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I've already reported to the issue you're faced with to our engineers who are responsible for APP, they are  trying to locate the issue and get it fixed recently.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Reto75 Posted at 2017-1-8 13:56
Hi,

I have the same problem

Reto, thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated if you can post several screenshots here.
Just to clarify, your DJI account is the same e-mail address you used for forum, right?
2017-1-9
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-9 03:06
We really understand your feeling and want to try our best to help you, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I've already reported to the issue you're faced with to our engineers who are responsible for APP, they are  trying to locate the issue and get it fixed recently.

Ok, Thank you.
I think I mentioned before that this really is not life or death, but I have had my Phantom 3 S for 11 months, and for nearly all of those 11 months, the records have been wrong.
There was an app update (if my memory serves me) around May of 2016, which caused me to lose half of my then 50 +/- flights from the logs.
I requested assistance at the time, and the final answer then from DJI support was "Sorry, they are gone and there is nothing we can do to get them back.
However........they did come back on their own at a later time...???
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MDowney58 Posted at 2017-1-9 10:24
Ok, Thank you.
I think I mentioned before that this really is not life or death, but I have had my Phantom 3 S for 11 months, and for nearly all of those 11 months, the records have been wrong.
There was an app update (if my memory serves me) around May of 2016, which caused me to lose half of my then 50 +/- flights from the logs.

If you've synced each flight record successfully, all of them should be saved to the server.
2017-1-10
Use props
Reto75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 571053 ft
Switzerland

@Natalia

Thanks. Yes, the same email is used. I made some screenshots on different devices. To start I cleared the local data and did a fresh sync on each device/app. Based on the screenshots you can see:

1) The drone without flights is only showing up on android devices
2) IOS is sorting the devices/screens differently
3) IOS is missing some flights
4) One Flight has been assigned to a new Mavic Pro that should be on my only one

Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/95pjo ... rcRHg_5cWBEKqa?dl=0
2017-1-10
Use props
MDowney58
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-10 00:15
If you've synced each flight record successfully, all of them should be saved to the server.

??????? OK. Not really sure what that means.
If it was a reply to the latter part of my post where I was saying that some flight logs were lost after an update, then magically re-appeared.....obviously they were synced to the server, because they did reappear.
My point was this;
There was a DJI Go app update in the spring of 2016.
After updating, half of my 50 +/- logs were missing.
I asked DJI support for assistance.
I was told by DJI support that they looked into it, and there was nothing they could do since they were gone.
The logs showed back up a few updates later.

Mike
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MDowney58 Posted at 2017-1-10 08:58
??????? OK. Not really sure what that means.
If it was a reply to the latter part of my post where I was saying that some flight logs were lost after an update, then magically re-appeared.....obviously they were synced to the server, because they did reappear.
My point was this;

Very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had, we're trying our best to help you now.
I've informed all your feedback for flight records to our engineers, they are aware of that.
2017-1-11
Use props
Jolie
New
Flight distance : 30335 ft
Australia

i am having a similar problem where i have multiple profiles for my one drone (a mavic)... is there a way to merge the files?
2017-4-19
Use props
cartrucks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406362 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue since the newest DJI GO update. Is there a solution to this yet? I made a thread on it but I haven't gotten any replied yet. @DJI Natalia
2017-7-16
Use props
Azazel4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 339111 ft
United States

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue as well, I have a phantom 3 advanced and previously had a phantom 3 standard. Both drones appeared in the list correctly showing the relative flight records. At some point a new drone appeared in the list (I think I tried renaming the drone, but without actually changing the name) and it did record 3 flights with the phantom 3 advanced, later on it went back recording the logs to the original drone. So now I have all the flights but for the phantom 3 advanced they are split into 2 different drones with the same name. Is there any way that the logs could be merged and the "duplicate" drone removed?

Thanks!
2017-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules