DJI P4 2nd Repair Service...1 Month Start To Finish
1776 16 2016-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>

Hello all.  I know that there have been a huge amount of poeple complaing about DJI repair service and I was one of them just recently.  
Back story:  Go my new P4 in April of 2016, had a mishap in Sept. and DJI told me to send it in (had the DJI Care) so I did...and after weeks of trying to find out where my aircraft was and long story short, got it back about middle of Oct.  What I got back was a referburshed one, even the aircraft was named from the previous owner.

Since I got it back it has major trasmissions issues, again DJI told me to send it in (UPS 11-11-16)...
So, I would like to give this oppertunity to DJI to come through and show this community that they really are not as bad as some people say they are.  I WILL update this feed all the way up to the end when I get it back and see if there are any more issues.  A lot of these feeds...there are no updates.  When I was filling out the paperwork, I requested a new aircraft and remote (both of which I was told to send in).  Again, I am hopping that DJI will come through not only with a timley turnaround, but hopefully, will fullfill my request and send a new unit.

I am including new RMA # (CAS317147-X4Q6D1) and a few screan shots I sent in with the aircraft.  DJI-??? let me know if you can help out on this.

* UPDATE 11-14-16:     Was contacted by DJI both via phone (missed the call) and email stating that my aircraft will be recieved on Wed. 11-16-16 and "...the repair will be expedited following that."  On the phone message Thomas told me the same thing and that it would be on there repair desk and then send back to me shortly after that.

** UPDATE 11-16-16:    UPS delivered to USA repair center (California).
*** UPDATE 11-17-16:    Conducting Damage Assessment & email sent for service quotation.  Quotation was set to $0.00 (due to I have DJI Care)
**** UPDATE 11-18-16:  Unit repaired and ready for shippment (1 to 2 working days to ship as per DJI's web-site)
***** UPDATE 11-18-16:  Shipped via UPS
****** UPDATE 11-23-16:  Received via UPS and the aircraft is the same (the serial number is the same) and the remote is a different one...possibly a new one...HOWEVER...the remote I sent in had the HDMI module on it and the one I received back did not.  I contacted DJI online help and expressed my concern and I was told that they would open a new case and I souuld look out for an email with what to do next.
******* UPDATE 11-29-19:  Upon receiving my aircarft, I noticed that the  HDMI module was not on the remote that I received back (had it on the  one I sent in).  Contacted DJI, via online support, they emailed me with  instructions to send them proof of purchase, a photo of the remote and  some other info and today I received an email from them:

Jenny (DJI)

Nov 30, 05:02 HKT

Dear Bill,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support for North America.

Upon  checking, the request for retrieving the HDMI Module had pass the 1st  level approval. Kindly wait for the fulfillment of the request and it  will be sent to you directly after 2 weeks.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Best Regards,

Jenny

DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

********UPDATE 12-5-16:  Received an email today letting me know that DJI will be sending out the HDMI mod via UPS
*********UPDATE 12-12-16:  Received the replacement Part #54 HDMI Output Module (N/C)

IMG_0976.png
IMG_0989.png
IMG_0991.png
IMG_0977.png
2016-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the frustration.
I'll help to bring this to the attention of our support team.
2016-11-12
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-13 10:59
I'm sorry for the frustration.
I'll help to bring this to the attention of our support team.

DJI-Mindy,
Thank you.  I am not sure if your email sparked Thomas from DJI to call and email me and if so, thank you.  I did edit my post with an update as of 11-14-16.  Again, thank you for reaching out and helping.
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ProQuad Posted at 2016-11-15 06:26
DJI-Mindy,
Thank you.  I am not sure if your email sparked Thomas from DJI to call and email me an ...

You are welcome.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2016-11-14
Use props
AnchorageAk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

I don't think there that bad. They gave up some amazing drones. My dealing have ended up on a very positive note. Starting to think I need a Inspire II. Hear that Santa?
2016-11-14
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AnchorageAk Posted at 2016-11-15 11:32
I don't think there that bad. They gave up some amazing drones. My dealing have ended up on a very p ...

Hummm...I just read that last night...the FCC part.  I just bought a I1 PRO... I knew I should have waited!!
2016-11-15
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with that refurb they sent you. Hope you get a good one back in a reasonable time-frame.  It's unfortunate that users have to end up posting here in hopes of getting proper service, but I guess it is what it is at the moment.
2016-11-15
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

st pauli Posted at 2016-11-16 01:49
Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with that refurb they sent you. Hope you get a good one ba ...

St Pauli,
Yes, I agree...but I am also hopeful.  
2016-11-16
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I posted this on 11-12-16 (date I also shipped to DJI for repair) and on 11-18-16 they are shipping it back to me "repaired".  Pretty fast turn around for a repair.  I will post back here with any updates and once I get it back and up in the air...hoping for the best.  
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2016-11-19 06:57
I posted this on 11-12-16 (date I also shipped to DJI for repair) and on 11-18-16 they are shipping  ...

Please keep us posted.
2016-11-18
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OK, I received my aircraft and remote today 11-23-16 and I was happy to get it back this soon...however...the remote that I sent in had the HDMI module on it and the one I received back did NOT have it on there.  I Contacted DJI via online support and was told that they would open a new case for me, for now, I can keep and use my remote that I got back and to look out for an email that will be sent 24-48 hours with...I am assuming instructions on what do to next.

I am happy to get it back so quickly...but disappointed that I did not get back the same item that I sent out.

DJI...please help.
2016-11-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ProQuad Posted at 2016-11-23 22:03
OK, I received my aircraft and remote today 11-23-16 and I was happy to get it back this soon...howe ...

It does seem to suggest though that the issue was with the RC. More to the point an RC fitted with an HDMI module perhaps

2016-11-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-24 07:08
It does seem to suggest though that the issue was with the RC. More to the point an RC fitted with ...

Yes, I think it was a RC issue.  I seriously doubt that the HDMI had anything to do with it...BUT as soon as DJI let me know what they are going to do about the missing module...I will update here.
2016-11-24
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

This is interesting...I am reading a few feeds on here that some people are getting that "green" screen but then remove the HDMI module and everything is normal...Has anyone done a test on this?  Maybe as Aardvark suggested...it maybe the module.   If this is the case then, yes DJI, can you fix?  Also, Aardvark...maybe I owe you an apology.
2016-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ProQuad Posted at 2016-11-27 21:07
This is interesting...I am reading a few feeds on here that some people are getting that "green" scr ...

Not at all, but like you I'd notice several posts where the module appeared to be the culprit, whether because of the module itself or firmware 1.8 not compatible with some (or all ?) HDMI modules.
2016-11-27
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-28 05:18
Not at all, but like you I'd notice several posts where the module appeared to be the culprit, whe ...

Just got an update from DJI...they are going to send me the HDMI module that I am missing from the repair...I will do a test out in the field once I receive it and see if it is an issue or not...May start another post just on this.  Hope DJI is reading all of this.
2016-11-30
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OK, it took DJI exactly 1 month start to finish on the repair...HOWEVER, it only took 12 full days from the time I send in my aircraft to the time I got it back, up and flying again.  A small hiccup with the HDMI Output Module but it was received today at no charge to me.
Overall, I think that DJI did an awesome job in the fast turn around and went above and beyond what some people say about them on here.

I am happy with the service, repair, responses, followups with my P4.  I will continue purchasing these devices for my hobby as well as my photography.  

THANK YOU DJI  
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules