9334 18 2016-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sussex_uk
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Had my Mavic for a couple of weeks now.

Flying straight is almost impossible it pulls to one side, even with virtually no wind. I can't find any examples of this on the forum or on YouTube.

Looking for anyone who has experienced the same issue, IMU and Drone calibration done several times now and this has not fixed the issue..

Any ideas guys??

Based London
2016-11-14
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Do you have the new firmware release last week?

Have you calibrated the remote since you got the new firmware?
2016-11-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Did you do IMU on very flat surface, if you let aircraft hover for a couple of minutes is it holding straight and level.
2016-11-14
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

Does it seem to be 'arching' as it is flying? Might want to make a video showing your stick movements and the unit flying.
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where were you when you did the compass calibration?
You need to be 100% from any metal being around you.
do another compass calibration outside in the front yard or someone with no metal around.
Make sure nothing is in your pockets, no metal (keys, phone, jewelry) and make sure to set the RC/phone about 5-10ft away from and set it on the ground ant hit calibrate then walk over to the Mavic an pick it up and preform the calibration.
If you cannot see the screen from where you are then read the manual to see the lights to make sure it is going through the calibration process.
2016-11-14
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine does this and seems to get worse with time. A good compass calibration has always straightened it out. Turns out that I need to do a compass calibration about once a week at least.
2016-11-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2016-11-15 02:58
Mine does this and seems to get worse with time. A good compass calibration has always straightened  ...

Where are you storing the Mavic, once a calibration is done it shouldn't require another calibration unless you fly very far from the last flight.
It would get influenced by anything magnetic, make sure not to put anything close to it that would be magnetic.
And if you are storing it free from any interference and it still does it, try a IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface (kitchen counter or something like that) and then see if it persists.
2016-11-14
Use props
James L.
lvl.2
United States

Did you ever find a solution?  Mines doing it also.
2016-11-23
Use props
James L.
lvl.2
United States

I also tried course lock and what the camera sees straight and what the map shows shows straight is different.

I've learned to fly the other direction to counter the drift, but it's super annoying.
2016-11-23
Use props
fansa7077f18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

Also happens to me
2016-11-23
Use props
Paranoid Jack
lvl.1

United States

Followed and more worried per Mavic malfunctioning post.
2016-11-23
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

OP posted 10 days ago and never responded, must be user error... case closed!
2016-11-23
Use props
James L.
lvl.2
United States

Update:

So I tried what Ken recommended and calibrated the compass without any interference. I stripped naked just to make sure my clothing didn't interfere.

I recalibrated everything again and also reduced the Exp to 0.1.

I think it's flying straighter, but will have to test again tomorrow when there's more light.

I think changing the exp to 0.1 also made my footage much smoother.
2016-11-23
Use props
fans577eed1e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99334 ft
United States

cluc Posted at 2016-11-23 17:33
OP posted 10 days ago and never responded, must be user error... case closed!

Why would you assume user error just because the op never replied?   By that logic his mavic could have spontaneously caught fire and killed him along with his friends and family.  Less blind allegiance and more helpful input is what this site needs.  Oh yeah, and mine is doing this too.  I'll recalibrate and get back to you asap before you have a chance to make any assumptions about my ability to push a joystick in a straight line.
2017-6-29
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

fans577eed1e Posted at 2017-6-29 15:24
Why would you assume user error just because the op never replied?   By that logic his mavic could have spontaneously caught fire and killed him along with his friends and family.  Less blind allegiance and more helpful input is what this site needs.  Oh yeah, and mine is doing this too.  I'll recalibrate and get back to you asap before you have a chance to make any assumptions about my ability to push a joystick in a straight line.

Woah... post from 2016... good to know you read through posts, that is a pat on the back and a thumbs up for you.

Damn, hope someone got a payout for those deaths.
2017-7-2
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

This issue happened to me a couple of days ago while I was flying in high wind, have to take it out on a non windy test and just test this out. Might need a re-calibration of everything.
2017-7-2
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

this happened to me on a very windy day also, it was that windy i thought i had hit tripod mode by accident !
2017-7-3
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374177 ft
Latvia

I had the same issue right out of the box, and after camera repair, it was even worse.
I did IMU calibration and now it's flies perfectly, plus compass calibration on every new location.

BUT even on not windy weather, it won't fly perfectly straight. I checked friends drones, the same. Drone is not on rails
2017-7-3
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

Also double check no damage to prop blades, I guess any damage on those could unbalance things
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules