12Next >
24844 59 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

Got my Mavic today.....2 days ahead of scheduled. I was soooo psyched. Got it charged up, firmware updated, registered only to realize it will NOT work with my smartphone. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. The app keeps rebooting and hardly any info is available (battery status etc) and sometimes it just flat out will not connect. No way I'm going to attempt to fly it like that. Not being able to view what the camera is seeing defeats the entire purpose of owning this drone. I am so disappointed at this entire experience. I waited 2 months only to get something that won't work for me. I mean the app works perfectly on my phone with the Phantom 4. WTF DJI....just WTF.  FYI I did remove the app and reinstall...tried different USB settings an still NO JOY.
2016-11-25
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

LOL I have been flying my Mavic using my S7 Edge connected to the controller and no issues at all. Disable fast charging and wireless charging and see if it helps. Make sure your phone is on the latest Android version as well. Good luck!
2016-11-25
Use props
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

I have read on one of the forums that you have to disable the fast charge when you are connecting the controller to your phone. The GS7 is not one of the recommended phones, try that and if it still doesn't work i would try and get support to help out.
2016-11-25
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Trying that now.....
2016-11-25
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Still nOT working. I disabled the "fast charging" and could not find any way to disable "wireless charging". It's still acting up. It disconnects and the DJI app keeps rebooting. very frustrating. Everything is up to date ...Android 6.0.1
2016-11-25
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

TMB Aerial Posted at 2016-11-25 20:58
Still nOT working. I disabled the "fast charging" and could not find any way to disable "wireless c ...

Did you make sure you updated to latest Android firmware?
2016-11-25
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-25 15:10
Did you make sure you updated to latest Android firmware?

Yup...everything is up to date.
2016-11-25
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

I took it outside and it seemed to stablize BUT then the controller went critical low batt....is there any way to stop the phone from charging while it's connected to the controller? I should prob RTFM
2016-11-25
Use props
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

TMB Aerial Posted at 2016-11-25 10:13
I took it outside and it seemed to stablize BUT then the controller went critical low batt....is the ...

Try to uninstall the app and reinstall it. there's no way to disable the phone from charging... if it still does not work after that then talk to support.
2016-11-25
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

Crisisremix Posted at 2016-11-25 15:18
Try to uninstall the app and reinstall it. there's no way to disable the phone from charging... if ...

I did uninstall and reinstall...that was in the OP. Thanks
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think others have gotten it to work, BUT, the specs do not list the S7 as a recommended device.
2016-11-25
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-25 16:05
I think others have gotten it to work, BUT, the specs do not list the S7 as a recommended device.

arrrgh. Like I said it works just fine with every other DJI Drone. I know I know...different platform just still blows.
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

TMB Aerial Posted at 2016-11-26 05:09
arrrgh. Like I said it works just fine with every other DJI Drone. I know I know...different platf ...

I am sorry about, since some users said they've gotten the S7 to work, maybe do a Google search to see if there's any assistance out there.
2016-11-25
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Canada

TMB Aerial Posted at 2016-11-25 13:09
arrrgh. Like I said it works just fine with every other DJI Drone. I know I know...different platf ...

Is USB debug checked in "Developer Option"?  

It's weird that it's working for the phantom but not the Mavic...

2016-11-25
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I don't know what's causing it for you man. We've got two Samsung S7 Edge in the house and both works for the Mavic and the DJI Go app without any reboots. My brother has a Mavic as well and he's also using S7 Edge without any issues.
2016-11-25
Use props
TMB Aerial
lvl.2
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-11-25 18:09
I don't know what's causing it for you man. We've got two Samsung S7 Edge in the house and both work ...

weird, I did get it to work after I took it back outside. I don't think being outside had anything to do with it. Maybe my USB connection? It is a pretty snug fit and the home button being right there...I dunno. I've seen multipl posts today with users having the exact same issue where the DJI GO app would keep launching even though you have an instance open already. I can't say what the issue was and I'm not fully confident it is fixed or isn't some bug in the software (DJI or Android/Samsung). I did fly for 30 mins before losing light. I had one hiccup and that was a tilted horizon that stuck for about 12 seconds. I'll give it a few more test runs and reassess. Thanks all.
2016-11-25
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

When you test this next put the S7 into flight mode before you conect it to the controller report back.  
2016-11-25
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

I am a little puzzled by this. More than 80 flights with my S7 edge and Mavic. No significant issues.  No special setting required on my S7. From your description of limited options within DGIGO, suggested to me you are not getting the USB connection between controller and phone established.

This is the method I use. Might be worth a try:

1) Close all apss on S7 edge.
2) Unplug mini usb connector on side of controller.
3) With screen off, place S7 edge in controller, connecting it to the other end of usb lead that you just unplugged.
4) Power un Mavic and Controller & see that they are connected
5) Press power button on phone to turn on screen and unlock if appicable
6) Now re plug the USB that you removed at step 2 above.
7) You should be prompted which app to start, select DGI GO.

If the connection is properly made the givea aqay is the live video feed wil come up in the S7.  See if this helps.

Also have a look in your S7 application manager for DJI GO. Open it in the list and see what is in the third last item above battery says. You should have a choice to "Set as Default" or
"Clear defaults".  Try Clearing defaults so you will be prompted again when plugging in the USB lead.
2016-11-25
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone tried the new DJI GO 4 app yet? Has this cured anything?
2016-11-29
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Australia

Nothing to cure on the S7 edge as far as I am concerned. It all worked fine with my DJI GO 3x & S7. 100+ flights
I have installed DJIGO4 and connected to the Mavic, It all looks pretty much the same to me so I am not expecting any cures as I had no problems..
2016-11-29
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

Has anyone with the S7 tried the new DJI GO 4 app?
2016-11-29
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

I tried my S7 Edge with the DJI GO 4 app yesterday. Not one disconnect. Phone battery not hot. No reboots. I'm running all the latest firmwares on phone, controller and mavic.

This is the order I do things in. Not tried any other order yet:

Close down all apps;
  Put phone into wifi mode;
  Plug phone into controller;
  Turn on controller;
  Turn on Mavic;
  Wait for connection;
  Swipe down on phone and set USB connection to 'media transfer';
  Start DJI GO 4 app;
  Everything starts and continues working....!
2016-11-30
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

Many Users (iOS & Android) have damaged cables. May try a regulat USB to microusb from the middle port (you have to remove the other cable completely).

Nils
2016-11-30
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Australia

Hmmm  2 Days ago I said....

Nothing to cure on the S7 edge as far as I am concerned. It all worked fine with my DJI GO 3x & S7. 100+ flights
I have installed DJIGO4 and connected to the Mavic, It all looks pretty much the same to me so I am not expecting any cures as I had no problems..

I was wrong. Since then I have done four flights with DJO GO 4 and am not impressed. First two were fine as I was just hovering around filming. Third flight, as soon as I started using intelligent modes thing started going haywire. Tried WPT to circle an object and as I pulled back to define the circle radius it reported problems with video feed then greyed and crashed. Application has stopped would you like to report it to Google etc.

DGI GO 4.x offers nothing more and I dont trust it reliabilty.   I am reverting to using DJI GO 3.x for now as has proven robust and reliable witih my S7 edge.

2016-12-1
Use props
fans6ad3b0d4
New

United States

I had problems with my Samsung Tab S2 8.0 (which barely fits perfectly) not connecting.  I had to go buy a cheap phone just for this - I got a Coolpad Catalyst, Branded as Walmart/T-Mobile from Walmart for $60.   It connects easily but is still a pretty cheap phone with an underwhelming screen.  They really blew it with poor compatibility.   
2016-12-18
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

I have had issues with my S7 Edge.  From it not initially connecting even though I do RC, Mavic then app powerup.  I've also had it disconnect and the app crash as well.  What's really odd is I truly believe my S7 Edge is faulty but I cannot reproduce issues reliably enough to show issues to my carrier or Samsung.  For instance, I like to play the Simpson's Tapped Out game.  Almost everyday it tries to launch but then just goes to a black screen then commences to reinstall all 1.2GB of updates.  The game devs say it's a hardware issue.

That said, I've recently been flying with my old Note 3 (that doesn't have activated service) and even had issues with the Go 4 app on it as well.
2016-12-18
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

I am curious if the s7 edge users have adoptable storage set up with the SD card. I had trouble with my gear 360 crashing all the time giving me the "Unfortunately Gear Manager has stopped."  and the app was saved to my sd card. When I moved the app to internal storage all problems stopped. I just recieved my Mavic so I have not been able to test this theory out yet.
2016-12-20
Use props
fansb4dd4c6e
lvl.1

United States

Seems I tried everything as well as contacting DJI Chat to no rectification of the camera on the S7 edge not working. Keeps showing disconnected. I finally tried USB underneath the controller and micro USB to my S7 edge and VOILA! It worked. Just remember to disconnect the cable from the side of the controller or it will conflict with the 2 cables going into the controller. I'm wondering if it's cable related or connectivity from cable that came with the controller that connects to the side of the controller (micro usb to micro usb).
2016-12-27
Use props
Bobaloo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42051 ft
United States

fansb4dd4c6e Posted at 2016-12-28 08:17
Seems I tried everything as well as contacting DJI Chat to no rectification of the camera on the S7 edge not working. Keeps showing disconnected. I finally tried USB underneath the controller and micro USB to my S7 edge and VOILA! It worked. Just remember to disconnect the cable from the side of the controller or it will conflict with the 2 cables going into the controller. I'm wondering if it's cable related or connectivity from cable that came with the controller that connects to the side of the controller (micro usb to micro usb).

That side cable can get pinched easily. Make sure it is pressed into the channel on the side of the controller.
2016-12-27
Use props
fansf0572733
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2098566 ft
United States

Misleading title. Just because it is not working for you, does not mean it is NOT compatible with DJI GO. I have been flying with S7 Edge without a single issue.
2016-12-27
Use props
Incident
lvl.1

United States

Another happy user here with a Samsung S7 Edge. No problems for me.
2016-12-27
Use props
PaladinAus
lvl.1

Australia

I'm using the S7 Edge, no problems whatsoever.
2016-12-27
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

I'm using the S7 Edge without modifications (e.g., fast charging) without issues.  I've only skimmed through the other responses... I did see someone ask if anyone had tried DJI GO 4.  My understanding is that DJI GO 4 is required for flying the Mavic.

Another thing to be aware of is that other RF, especially from wifi, can really mess with the connectivity.  After I updated to the most-recent firmware for the RC and the aircraft, I tested connectivity inside my office (office building with loads of computers and multiple wifi systems) and connectivity was sporadic.  However, outside everything was fine.

Don't give up.
2017-1-3
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Change the title to "Doesn't work with Android 7" since THAT is the actual issue, right?
2017-1-3
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I dont have any issues running my S7Edge with DJI Go 4 / Mavic ... none whatsoever, and i havnt since i got the phone.

If i want to use Litchi app, i have to clear the default association with DJI Go before it will work, and vice versa, but there have been no issues when flying at all.
2017-1-3
Use props
Cruz
lvl.1

United States

Posted in another thread..... Been flying since before Christmas.... at first I had issue with my S7 Edge..... the USB connecting to the phone was not seated fully..... removed the USB from the slider in the RC handle ..... haven't had an issue since..... good luck! Running all of the latest updates for the phone the aircraft and DJIGO4 app.....
2017-1-3
Use props
fansb4dd4c6e
lvl.1

United States

Bobaloo Posted at 2016-12-27 16:27
That side cable can get pinched easily. Make sure it is pressed into the channel on the side of the controller.

still doesn't work. Only works from the bottom USB cable to the phone.
2017-1-25
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United Kingdom

Other user had an issue with a galaxy s7 and it turned out to be a problem with the usb cable, he replaced it and the problems disappeared.

Give it a try!
2017-1-26
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

Logger Posted at 2016-11-25 20:59
I am a little puzzled by this. More than 80 flights with my S7 edge and Mavic. No significant issues.  No special setting required on my S7. From your description of limited options within DGIGO, suggested to me you are not getting the USB connection between controller and phone established.

This is the method I use. Might be worth a try:

Select an application for USB connection.  Selected DJI GO 4.  DJI GO 4 has stopped. Restart App or Send Feedback.  SAmsung S7 Edge running Android 7 now.  
2017-2-22
Use props
eyeg4et1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85272 ft
Thailand

The title is accurate.  DJI CSR confirmed that DJI GO 4 has "issues" with Samsung S7 Edge.  I was told, "The R&D team is looking into that,".  The app will not launch; connected or not.  Litchi works perfectly, so it isn't the phone or cable.  My Samsung S7 Edge is now running Android 7.  The app crashes immediately when I try to open it.  I've tried DJI GO and DJI GO 4 installed separately.  Going to the IT Mall to look for a compatible tablet or phone under $250 but not possible.   

I can't attach the list of Compatible phone provided by the DJI CSR.  Here is what was provided:  Andriod:  Samsung Tab 705e, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE 4, Samsung NOTE 3. Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.  
2017-2-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules