IMU Calibrating time?
2156 4 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

I want to do IMU calibration, as somehow, i got some "error compass" thing while i was flying (im aware they are not the same thing) i already did the compas calibrtion, says its ok, then when i fly fast its says again the compass error, return home,  ODDLY i only flown it on the same spot, and BEFORE The update it never did it. and now After the update it does it.

i hate this situation. dont know if its a real issue, or just a bug. Drone controls and flys great, but i get that message, so i dont know if should ignore it and keep flying, or be scared of it, and return it home.
So, one of the many steps to blame the user, is flying with uncalibrated drones. so i want to calibrate IMU, as i already calibrated Gimbal, and Compass.

But i set it up, finish step 1, and it gets like 95% of step 2 and stalls there, it was there without change for like 7 - 10 minutes, so i felt it was stuck, so i turned everything off...

so, how long does it take? should i left it there until its finished?
2016-12-9
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

ive figure it out
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alansin, glad to hear you got it sorted out, please feel free to let us know for any further questions.
Enjoy your flight!
2016-12-9
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 19:56
Alansin, glad to hear you got it sorted out, please feel free to let us know for any further questions.
Enjoy your flight!

it was weird, the forum always stated that yoiu should not move the drone, while imu calibrating, but the instruction was simple and obvious  YOU HAVE TO MOVE THE DRONE AS INSTRUCTIONS SAYS.

i guess the Phantom doesnt require moving the drone, and the mavic does. and thats the whole confussion.

thank you
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alansin Posted at 2016-12-13 23:44
it was weird, the forum always stated that yoiu should not move the drone, while imu calibrating, but the instruction was simple and obvious  YOU HAVE TO MOVE THE DRONE AS INSTRUCTIONS SAYS.

i guess the Phantom doesnt require moving the drone, and the mavic does. and thats the whole confussion.

Would you please give me the link for the instruction?
Generally speaking, we should not move the drone during the IMU calibrating.
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules