Brand New Phantom 3 Standard - No Image Transmission
1117 9 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rik Rikerson
lvl.1

United States

[size=14.6667px]Hi,[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I'm new to drones and recently bought a Phantom 3 Standard. Ever since its first flight there have been image transmission problems (I've only taken it for around 5-6 flights). Some of the time I can see the live feed through the DJI Go app, but the majority of the time it says there are image transmission problems and there is a grey screen. Other times I can see an image for a few seconds and the drone is ready to fly, but then the screen goes grey and "no image transmission" comes up at the top again. Could this be a problem with the drone or the SD card? I'm using the stock SD card that comes in the drone.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Thanks

2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what mobile device your are using?
The firmware is up to date, right?
When image transmission lost, your remote was still linked to the aircraft, right?
Just to clarify, you flew it in an open place without interference, right?
Would you please post a screenshot here for the grey page?
2016-12-10
Use props
Rik Rikerson
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 02:41
May I know what mobile device your are using?
The firmware is up to date, right?
When image transmission lost, your remote was still linked to the aircraft, right?

I'm using an iPad Air 1
I updated the firmware the first day I got it
The remote has never disconnected with the aircraft during flight
Every  time I've flown its been in open fields or parks
I don't have my drone at the moment, but here is a screenshot I found online that matches what was happening to me:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/ ... eedf16239d4ae5a.jpg
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rik Rikerson Posted at 2016-12-12 05:49
I'm using an iPad Air 1
I updated the firmware the first day I got it
The remote has never disconnected with the aircraft during flight

Thanks for the details, would you please try to turn off the drone, unplug the pin cables, wait for a while, then plugged them in tightly again.
You can also take out the SD card then put it in.
2016-12-11
Use props
Rik Rikerson
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 20:24
Thanks for the details, would you please try to turn off the drone, unplug the pin cables, wait for a while, then plugged them in tightly again.
You can also take out the SD card then put it in.

I removed the pin cables and plugged them in again and still got an image transmission problem. Removing the SD card didn't help either. Could there be any other causes for the issue?
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rik Rikerson Posted at 2016-12-13 06:55
I removed the pin cables and plugged them in again and still got an image transmission problem. Removing the SD card didn't help either. Could there be any other causes for the issue?

Since you have done all the troubleshooting, the best course would be sent the aircraft and remote in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-12
Use props
Rik Rikerson
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 19:40
Since you have done all the troubleshooting, the best course would be sent the aircraft and remote in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:

Ok, thanks for all the help
2016-12-12
Use props
MattMeorro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 383205 ft
Croatia

Rik Rikerson Posted at 2016-12-12 19:15
Ok, thanks for all the help

Hello, im having the same problem after 10 flights...  What did you do with your drone?
2017-7-20
Use props
djiuser_1UukTMU
New

United States

http://forum.dji.com/member.php? ... .html&type=post
2017-7-20
Use props
djiuser_1UukTMU
New

United States

Messed up that post, sorry. Meant to say heck the USB between the controller and your device. I had a similar problem where I couldn't get my phone to get image because the USB was not in well enough. I had to apply extra force to get the USB conncted. My phone made a sound effect when it actually connected.
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules