Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks,

Is the listing for Inspire 2 batteries on the DJI store for a pair of batteries, or a single one?  I.e. would I need to buy 2 @ £179 each to get a second set of batteries for an Inspire 2?

Cheers
Andy
2016-12-15
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, you need to purchase 2 batteries to make a pair.
2016-12-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like cougar said, they only list one battery @ $159  (similar to the TB47 size) and the new Inspire 2 requires 2 of these batteries at a time. So double your order for each flight set.

Rich
2016-12-15
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ouch.  That's £358 for each spare set of batteries here in the UK then.

I think that I need a few more big paying jobs to justify that outlay then.  I've always worked on the basis that 5 sets of batteries, and an onsite charging solution (usually either a biiiiig leisure battery and inverter, or a little generator) is enough to keep flying continuously.  I could possibly get away with four sets, but that is still a looooooot of money on batteries.

Hmmm....

Andy
2016-12-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Andy LIS Posted at 2016-12-16 00:24
Ouch.  That's £358 for each spare set of batteries here in the UK then.

I think that I need a few more big paying jobs to justify that outlay then.  I've always worked on the basis that 5 sets of batteries, and an onsite charging solution (usually either a biiiiig leisure battery and inverter, or a little generator) is enough to keep flying continuously.  I could possibly get away with four sets, but that is still a looooooot of money on batteries.

Yes, this would be a huge investment for sure. Longer flight times, better camera processing and more features come at a cost.  

Rich
2016-12-16
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Methinks I'll stick with my Inspire 1 pro for now.  I'm getting some good results with it.  Maybe someone will start doing aftermarket power solutions in the future.....

Andy
2016-12-17
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Could be worse - you could be flying a M600 - 6 batteries needed for every flight with that!
2016-12-17
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ha ha, yes!  Saw one at the UK drone show.  Really imposing beast of a machine, but waaaaay over the top for the work I'm doing.  I'm halfway through resurrecting my S900, and mounting a servo gimbal for a Sony A7R ii underneath, but at least I can use "non" intelligent lipos on that one!
2016-12-18
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-17 00:03
Yes, this would be a huge investment for sure. Longer flight times, better camera processing and more features come at a cost.  

Rich

Rich, have you heard anything on the self heating technology? My question is, do they have a thermostat of some type to turn the heater on? I am wondering what the drain is and the flight time in normal and cold temps.
2016-12-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-12-25 08:01
Rich, have you heard anything on the self heating technology? My question is, do they have a thermostat of some type to turn the heater on? I am wondering what the drain is and the flight time in normal and cold temps.

Hi Rodger
No, at this point the only thing I have heard regarding the battery heaters is you can turn it off or on in the Go App. I have no knowledge of the battery drain during use.  Most likely they will keep a base temperature of about 23* or so and will not use much of the battery power.  I saw one youtube video talking about the battery temp after flight was about 25* while flying in cold weather.

I guess if you are flying in cold weather the heaters will impact the flight time about the same as you would normally expect.  This is a good question and hopefully DJI can help clear this up for us.

All the best
Rich
2016-12-25
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-25 18:27
Hi Rodger
No, at this point the only thing I have heard regarding the battery heaters is you can turn it off or on in the Go App. I have no knowledge of the battery drain during use.  Most likely they will keep a base temperature of about 23* or so and will not use much of the battery power.  I saw one youtube video talking about the battery temp after flight was about 25* while flying in cold weather.

Thanks Rich, if they are user activated that would relieve my concern. I am more concerned about unnecessary drain.
2016-12-26
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-16 21:03

Rich

Longer flight times?! Not that "longer", I guess...
2017-1-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-1-2 15:59
Longer flight times?! Not that "longer", I guess...

Longer flight times with a heavier, faster aircraft yes and this will be relevant to the style of  flying and video production required.  My I1 is a great aircraft and is still wonderful to fly. I look forward to the new I2 when I manage to step up and buy one.

I will never be long enough

All the best
Rich

Rich
2017-1-2
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-12-26 05:20
Thanks Rich, if they are user activated that would relieve my concern. I am more concerned about unnecessary drain.

This is taken from the new Inspire 2 manual. You can turn it on manually or by using the Go App

Rich

Heating the Battery
Manual Heating: When the battery is powered off, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to
initiate the battery to warm up manually.
The battery will start to warm up when the temperature is below 59℉(15℃)with the LED1&2 and
LED3&4 blinking alternatively. The temperature of the battery will stop increasing when it reaches
68℉(20℃).
The temperature of the battery will be between 59°-68℉(15°-20℃)when it is above 59℉(15℃)with
the LED1 and LED4 blinking alternatively, lasting for approximately 30 minutes. And then it will be
powered off automatically.
Auto Heating: Insert the batteries into the aircraft and power on. When the temperature of the
battery is below 59℉(15℃), the battery will warm up automatically, and you may check the LED for
current
power level.
Using the Battery

INSPIRE 2 User Manual

Low Temperature Notice:
1. The performance of the intelligent Flight Battery is significantly reduced when flying in a low
temperature environments (those with air temperatures below 5℃). Ensure that the battery is fully
charged and the cell voltage is at 4.35 V before each flight.
2. If the DJI GO 4 app displays the “Critical Low Battery Level Warning” when flying in low
temperature environments, stop flying and land the aircraft immediately. You will still be able to
control the aircraft’s movement when this warning is triggered.
3. In extremely cold weather, the battery temperature will continuously decrease even it has
heating function. In such case, the battery capacity will slump with the flight time sharply
reduce.
4. To ensure optimum performance, keep the Intelligent Flight Battery’s core temperature above 20℃
when in use.
20℃ when in use.
5. Battery insulation paste is available for you to use.

A9R1hqc4zd_1f2tfua_4ew.jpg

2017-1-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-3 21:34
This is taken from the new Inspire 2 manual. You can turn it on manually or by using the Go App

Rich

Thanks Rich. It is nice of you to go through this bother.
2017-1-4
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-2 22:49
Longer flight times with a heavier, faster aircraft yes and this will be relevant to the style of  flying and video production required.  My I1 is a great aircraft and is still wonderful to fly. I look forward to the new I2 when I manage to step up and buy one.

I will never be long enough  

Oh, it's already much relevant! Inspire 2 owners will have to pay amost 2x + for a pair of batteries that last almost the same as the previous generation (with just 1 battery) on the air! We all know now where the rock lays on the way of DJI (And possibly the other manufacturers too): the battery technology! It's agonizing, claiming for a big change! But, as long as customers keep buiyng and feeding it, they'll keep these 4-6.000 mAh batteries on...
2017-1-5
Use props
oc396
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57280 ft
United States

The batteries do not last as long with the heaters on. I live in Southern California, but while in the mountains playing around in the snow with my Inspire 2, I turned the heaters on and noticed a difference in flight time. But like mentioned earlier you can turn it off.
2017-1-18
Use props
fanse186c04e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How to drain a battery to 5%, and not fly?And how to get them balance correct again?
I talk about DJI inspire 2 barrier's, NOT Inspire 1 or inspire pro battery's

Thank you
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules