Z15-GH4, HDMI question
1982 9 2014-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi.This is about the Z15-GH4 gimbal.

Is it possible to use the HDMI feed from the top of the gimbal to something else then lightbridge? Does the feed go thru without any signal modification when you choose HD at the bottom?

I would like to use it to my paralinx tomahawk witch is HD-link. Today we have Z15-GH3 with external HDMI cable to the paralinx, witch is realy not a good solution for 360 pan...

Thanks in Advance.
2014-10-4
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

China

Sorry we have not test and we are not sure about it.
2014-10-10
Use props
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi and thx for answer. But, could you atleast confirm if the signal at the top of the gimbal comes out untouched if it's set on "HD" at the bottom at the gimbal? Or not...?
2014-10-12
Use props
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello?
Bumping the thread again, need som response, need to know this asap.

Does the Z15-GH4 gimbal modify the HDMI signal to the top of the gimbal when the switch is set to "HD" at the bottom of the gimbal?
Thanks in advanced.

2014-10-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zellevision please understand that we cannot respond to your request.  This is a proprietary system.  If you what to investigate for a use other than DJI designed it for that is your right but we cannot support it.  I apologize for the inconvenience.
2014-10-15
Use props
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi again Ed.
Thanks for your reply. Still, the system is DJI, and you should of course know how the signal from the camera is forwarded thru the gimbal to the upper end. I mean, its DJI system, light bridge or the zenmuse, that receives the signal, so there for DJI should have the knowledge about what comes out, right? If not, how can you build something that are supposed to receive and use the signal? Its more or less common sense?

For info, we have both the GH3 and GH4 gimbal, as well as Light Bridge, S1000, S800, S900, PH2's etc etc. I like DJI hardware, and sincerely need DJI assistance in this question.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance, mr Selim Sari.   
2014-10-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zellevision, of course we know.  We choose not to share that information to you and our competitors.  I am sure that you understand.  We introduce a new product and in less that 48 hours a clone is on the market.  We have managed to preserve the Zenmuse gimbals and we plan to keep it that way.  I am sorry that we cannot accommodate your request.
2014-10-16
Use props
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Ed, thank you, NOW I understand, you could just told me so from the beginning .
Can you drop me an mail with the answer yes or or, thats all I need so I can start my testing. Or a solution to use the upper ports digital signal to something else then LB, like the AV signal.
zelle@zellevision.com

Thanks in advance, Selim.
2014-10-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The GCU will provide an AV signal.  That is published.
2014-10-17
Use props
zellevision
lvl.1

Sweden

Of course it does when its at AV signal mode at the bottom of the gimbal! I'm asking about the HD mode, is the signal modified or not, that is my question, how difficult can at be to get an answer?!
2014-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules