Very weak signal on my new Phantom 4, Images are flickering
710 4 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
musiconsult
New

Germany

Hi,

I bougth a new Phantom 4 and tried it out the last few days.

But the range is kind of disappointing. Already hovering the image is poor, lots of
flickering , image cut in half, many interuptions.  150 m away I already get 1-2 seconds of interruptions.

I am using a IPad mini, DJ Go for Phantom 3, newest firware on the P4 was downloaded after unpacking.

BTW
I am using the DJ Go App for Phantom 3 because the DJI Go for Phantom 4 App (IOS) has bugs. I am in Germany and the one I downloaded
from the Apple App Store over here is almost unusbably. It shows  strange text banners all over,  messages like "checklist Tomato" and things like that.
It is rated 1 star at the App reviews since many german usesrs are  complaining.
So I use the one for Phantom 3 and it least the App itself works fine. I hope this si not the problem why I have no good image quality or range.

Can someone give me some hints  why the range and transmitted images are so  poor ? Any settings I should change ?
The interesting detail: My friend has a Phantom 3 Advanced and when he starts at the same spot near my house,  
his  image quality on the Iphone and the the tranmission signal is very good. Range is fantastic. And is a Phantom 3 not a Phantom 4...
So it can not be a question of beign a bad spot, WiFi itnerferences or so. otherwise his signal woudl be bad too.

So what I am doing wrong ? Why signals / images are transmitted so poor ?  I heard it may be a Firmware issue but mine is new

thank you

2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing we'd love to help you handle it.
For the APP issue, please try to change your mobile language to English, it will be fine, and the problem has been reported top our engineers.
For the weak signal, please make sure you adjust the antennas to the optimal range during the flight, flight it farther firstly then higher.
Also enable hardware decoding and turn off all other background programs on your iPad.
Just to clarify, you upgraded RC to the latest as well, right?
2016-12-18
Use props
musiconsult
New

Germany

Yes I did. Will try today my new IPhone SE 64 GB istead Apple Mini (1 Generation)

DJ Go App Language changed works fine now thank you. Luckily as a pilot flying "real airplanes"  my  english is good. Not every german can use it though.

Another bug I can report:
Assistant 2 for Mac OS does not update Firmware. It downloads bit then  does not update.
System IMac with OS Sierra, german version.

Fix: Download Assistant 2  Windows version under a
Windows environment (eg Parallels)

Update works fine then.

2016-12-18
Use props
musiconsult
New

Germany

Works good now with Iphone SE. So the problem was obviously the Ipad mini. May be to old.  It looked to me like a reception problem because I even got the message but obviously it was not the reason. I did 600 Meter distance and it still was ok.
thank you.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

musiconsult Posted at 2016-12-18 21:41
Yes I did. Will try today my new IPhone SE 64 GB istead Apple Mini (1 Generation)

DJ Go App Language changed works fine now thank you. Luckily as a pilot flying "real airplanes"  my  english is good. Not every german can use it though.

Thanks so much for your update and glad to hear it's working fine with your iPhone SE, enjoy your flight.
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules