5393 37 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is the issue identical to http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369,
with this difference only that it's over a year old P3P ... Never had any problem with FW updates until now ... First attempt was going well for 20 minutes or so, until - by the end - the DDDD beeping switched to continous grinding noise endlessly. Reboot, 3-4 minutess DDDD and again grinding noise. Another SD card formatted, another BIN file downloaded ... still the same failure ...

I'm going to need some help to solve this issue without sending it out for repair ...   
2016-12-26
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

If you are reading my post then you need check your update log file the hidden one so you can compare the log code.  If you get the code and exactly how mine look then you need to sent them in just like they mention.   Unless you get different code then you might have different problem but from reading through my research for repair seems like a lot of problem with firmware update and not much of a fix.  It just all about format sd card and retry.
2016-12-27
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Hondas3000 Posted at 2016-12-27 01:02
If you are reading my post then you need check your update log file the hidden one so you can compare the log code.  If you get the code and exactly how mine look then you need to sent them in just like they mention.   Unless you get different code then you might have different problem but from reading through my research for repair seems like a lot of problem with firmware update and not much of a fix.  It just all about format sd card and retry.

I guess I know what I've messed with ... Tried to update without VPS board plugged ... My bird is heavily modded and I removed this board long time ago ... and forgot about! Now it's plugged back, but it doesn't help much ... the bird is making DD beep only, not the usual DDDD ... not good ...
2016-12-27
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

have you try pushing the link button and hold on, then power on the batteries to update and release the link button once you hear the dd methods?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-27 16:21
I guess I know what I've messed with ... Tried to update without VPS board plugged ... My bird is heavily modded and I removed this board long time ago ... and forgot about! Now it's plugged back, but it doesn't help much ... the bird is making DD beep only, not the usual DDDD ... not good ...

What is the LED status on the gimbal camera? it solid red or green?
It would be best if you can export the upgrading log so that we will know which module is not upgraded successfully.
2016-12-27
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 01:50
What is the LED status on the gimbal camera? it solid red or green?
It would be best if you can export the upgrading log so that we will know which module is not upgraded successfully.

Natalia, the LED on camera is solid green (after attaching the forgotten VPS board, silly me). Apparently firmware is updated, but DD beep is going on, no matter if SD card is in or out. I've got warning that compass need to be calibrated, and I can't start the motors (no props of course). Is this DD beeping related to the compass warning?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-27 17:18
Natalia, the LED on camera is solid green (after attaching the forgotten VPS board, silly me). Apparently firmware is updated, but DD beep is going on, no matter if SD card is in or out. I've got warning that compass need to be calibrated, and I can't start the motors (no props of course). Is this DD beeping related to the compass warning?

Please calibrate compass and check whether there are other error message or not.
You can upload a small video showing the DD beeps if convenient.
2016-12-27
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

MY P3P is about 13 months old now and I have never had any problem with the FW upgrade till today. The last upgrade did not seem to go through. I gave up one day and retried a few days later. It all went through normally and no issues with flight and video. All works fine.
2016-12-27
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 03:00
Please calibrate compass and check whether there are other error message or not.

Dear Natalia, the compass won't calibrate ... tried several times in several well known places ... No success with message " Strong magnetic field detected ..." And the gimbal is still beeping D-D ... D-D ... D-D.

Please note: the video shows solid green LED, but today - after another attempt to update - it turned to blinking red.
Definitely something went wrong with update. Please see attached Results and LOG files (with following reply).
This is strange, since the aircraft status page shows Normal and About page shows all firmware up to a date as well. Needless to say the craft was flying perfectly fine for months before with 1.9.60 firmware. How to fix it back to the previous state?

IMG_0103.PNG

P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.pdf

13.01 KB, Down times: 8

2016-12-27
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 03:00

Natalia, please see attached PDF file of Upgrade Log ... It's black magic to me, I'm totally clueless ... Help, please ...

upgradeLog_0.pdf

14.07 KB, Down times: 9

2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-28 13:16
Natalia, please see attached PDF file of Upgrade Log ... It's black magic to me, I'm totally clueless ... Help, please ...

It seems it's not upgraded successfully,  and the upgrading log attached is incorrect.
Please export it again as instruction below:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC. For The Windows System: http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7 For The Mac System: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-12-27
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 23:40
It seems it's not upgraded successfully,  and the upgrading log attached is incorrect.
Please export it again as instruction below:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC. For The Windows System: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7 For The Mac System: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/quickly-showhide-hidden-files-mac-os-x-mavericks/

OK, how about this attachment?

P3X_FW_LOG_AB.pdf

47.8 KB, Down times: 21

2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-28 15:23
OK, how about this attachment?

According to the log, it's upgraded successfully.
If you calibrate it for several times and still the same situation, the best course of action would be send it in for a further evaluation, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-28
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 01:35
If you calibrate it for several times and still the same situation, the best course of action would be send it in for a further evaluation, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

And here's the problem, Natalia ... This bird is heavily modified with floats attached to the main frame, therefore almost impossible to ship. I must find the way to roll this firmware update back, or to wipe off the internal memory and install previous firmware version. It was working perfectly before, so ... I'm sure you can advice me how to do it, I'll really appreciate your help.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-28 17:10
And here's the problem, Natalia ... This bird is heavily modified with floats attached to the main frame, therefore almost impossible to ship. I must find the way to roll this firmware update back, or to wipe off the internal memory and install previous firmware version. It was working perfectly before, so ... I'm sure you can advice me how to do it, I'll really appreciate your help.

Very sorry to tell you that it can not be downgraded after upgrading to v1.10.90.
Please try to contact a local repair center to help you fix it if possible.
http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2016-12-28
Use props
KuChar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 723156 ft
Poland

"it can not be downgraded after upgrading to v1.10.90."

Can you tell us why is this so? What are you hiding?
2016-12-28
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

KuChar Posted at 2016-12-28 07:04
"it can not be downgraded after upgrading to v1.10.90."

Can you tell us why is this so? What are you hiding?

The fact that 1.10.90 can't be downgraded has been known since it was announced:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-73936-1-1.html

And discussed quite a bit.  I do think that the announcement of the new FW should have been pinned to the top of the forums so people could see the release notes.  As to why we can't downgrade this one, don't know, but I'm guessing it has something to do more with the upgrades to the motors than anything else perhaps, but again, just an educated guess.
2016-12-28
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 01:35

Dear Natalia, I'm confused a bit ... You said that - accordingly to the log file - the craft is upgraded successfully ... After further examination, however, I've found that devices 1700 and 1701 were not detected and upgrade failed (pages 20-23). Can you confirm this? What is it related to?

P3X_FW_LOG_AB.pdf

52.22 KB, Down times: 2

2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-28 19:31
Dear Natalia, I'm confused a bit ... You said that - accordingly to the log file - the craft is upgraded successfully ... After further examination, however, I've found that devices 1700 and 1701 were not detected and upgrade failed (pages 20-23). Can you confirm this? What is it related to?

Sorry we failed to download this attachment, please upload it again.
2016-12-29
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-29 02:40
Sorry we failed to download this attachment, please upload it again.

OK, here we go again ...

P3X_FW_LOG_AB_DEC 28.pdf

53.24 KB, Down times: 3

2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-29 16:04
OK, here we go again ...

Now what's the LED status on the gimbal camera? solid red or blinking red?
You have tried to calibrate compass in different location with the interference, it still cannot finish the calibration, right?
Would you please provide me the screenshot of the compass calibrating page for the result?
I'll transfer this case to our engineers for further evaluation.
2016-12-30
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-30 00:10
Now what's the LED status on the gimbal camera? solid red or blinking red?
You have tried to calibrate compass in different location with the interference, it still cannot finish the calibration, right?
Would you please provide me the screenshot of the compass calibrating page for the result?

Yes Natalia, I've performed compass calibration procedure several times in different locations well known to me for no magnetic interference. The message is : Calibration failed. Too strong magnetic interference detected ... and back lights are blinking RED quickly. After cancelling the compass calibration back lights are blinking slower RED and YELLOW...
The gimbal LED is blinking red now ... Anything else on About page seems OK: App version 3.1.1, Aircraft 1.10.90, RC 1.8.0, Flight Controller SN 03Z0275481 ...
Going to bed now, take your time to solve this puzzle ...
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-30 00:29
Yes Natalia, I've performed compass calibration procedure several times in different locations well known to me for no magnetic interference. The message is : Calibration failed. Too strong magnetic interference detected ... and back lights are blinking RED quickly. After cancelling the compass calibration back lights are blinking slower RED and YELLOW...
The gimbal LED is blinking red now ... Anything else on About page seems OK: App version 3.1.1, Aircraft 1.10.90, RC 1.8.0, Flight Controller SN 03Z0275481 ...

I think it needs to be sent in for evaluation then get it fixed by our engineers.
While I can also transferred this case to our engineers now and will get back to you once I get an answer.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJIFC_OT_DOG
DJI R&D Squad

China

Sorry for the failure of  compass calibration process.   If you have try different place, you can also try different actions.  When you start the   calibration, keep the craft off the ground,  for example in your hands. When you exec the rotation,  keep the center of craft nearly not moved(only rotation).   I hope this can works.
2017-1-5
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJIFC_OT_DOG Posted at 2017-1-5 20:41
Sorry for the failure of  compass calibration process.   If you have try different place, you can also try different actions.  When you start the   calibration, keep the craft off the ground,  for example in your hands. When you exec the rotation,  keep the center of craft nearly not moved(only rotation).   I hope this can works.

Thank you for advice. The compass module happen to malfunction due to bridged terminals on board (faulty factory soldering). Replaced with another one, problem solved ...
2017-1-5
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52487 ft

Hungary

Update error !!! Phantom 3 advanced !!!
I wanted to upgrade the drone to the next firmware, but after 40 minutes just beep-beep and nothing happens. How can it be updated backwards, or can you completely reformat the plane?
Please help me.
old: Packet: P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
New: Packet: P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin

Thank you,
2017-5-3
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fanse6bd7047 Posted at 2017-5-3 11:12
Update error !!! Phantom 3 advanced !!!
I wanted to upgrade the drone to the next firmware, but after 40 minutes just beep-beep and nothing happens. How can it be updated backwards, or can you completely reformat the plane?
Please help me.

Did you read .txt file on SD card after update procedure? Is it "Update Failed" or "Successful"?
2017-5-3
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1

Hungary

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-3 14:08
Did you read .txt file on SD card after update procedure? Is it "Update Failed" or "Successful"?

HI,

========== 2017.04.24 20:25:11 =====================
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Unfortunately, I've tried in days too and the fresh date does not appear in txt. The LED does not blink on the card as it is shown on the youtub red and green.
How to fully format the drone.
Thanks,
2017-5-4
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fanse6bd7047 Posted at 2017-5-4 07:53
HI,

You can't format internal memory card, at least not from outside of the drone body. What is the status of the drone (pull down list of basic functions, touch DJI logo on top to see)? Is there warning about firmware or any other warnings?
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fanse6bd7047 Posted at 2017-5-4 07:53
HI,

I'm sorry if this was missed, but are the ESCs beeping loudly as well or is it just the gimbal still beeping softly? Could you happen to provide a small video of what you're getting?
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-4 20:58
You can't format internal memory card, at least not from outside of the drone body. What is the status of the drone (pull down list of basic functions, touch DJI logo on top to see)? Is there warning about firmware or any other warnings?

You're correct, you cannot reformat the internal SD card that houses the flight data and other functions.
2017-5-4
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-4 21:24
I'm sorry if this was missed, but are the ESCs beeping loudly as well or is it just the gimbal still beeping softly? Could you happen to provide a small video of what you're getting?

Hello,
Send an email address because I can not upload a video for anything

Thanks
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fanse6bd7047 Posted at 2017-5-5 12:26
Hello,
Send an email address because I can not upload a video for anything

Unfortunately I do not have an email that I can give out. Are you able to use a file sharing site like Dropbox instead of YouTube?
2017-5-5
Use props
fansa7f57dfc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60531 ft
Canada

I am having the exact same trouble. Everything worked fine then I decided to do the update. Rc was no problem the bird went through 20 min and then hung up. Rc says I have an updated firmware but I am getting exactly the same errors as reported here. Is this a hardware failurd or software problem?
2017-5-5
Use props
fansa7f57dfc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60531 ft
Canada

I am getting information back that some P3P's had a different board and will not accept the full update. I am getting error codes on my log that state item 15 00 and 8 00 "device not detected. How do I get a newer gimbal board quickly?
2017-5-6
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-5 12:39
Unfortunately I do not have an email that I can give out. Are you able to use a file sharing site like Dropbox instead of YouTube?

HI,
In principle, the update was successful because it is in txt. ========== 2017.05.07 10:18:13 =================== ==
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Still, it says that the latest firmware !!! ABNORMAL !!!

And it is a mistake not to let it calibrate, it says there is a high magnetic interference (in the garden too)

I slowly give up
2017-5-7
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1

Hungary

fanse6bd7047 Posted at 2017-5-7 01:56
HI,
In principle, the update was successful because it is in txt. ========== 2017.05.07 10:18:13 =================== ==

C:\Users\Mészáros Gábor\Downloads\1
2017-5-7
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1

Hungary

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-30 00:29
Going to bed now, take your time to solve this puzzle ...

Hi,

I also have the same problem. Update was successful 1.10.90.
But it still states that the latest firmware is Abnormal, with a great deal of magnetic interference.
So I do not know how to go on?
2017-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules